Windows 10: IAStorDataMgrSvc Stopped Working

Discus and support IAStorDataMgrSvc Stopped Working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I hope I am posting in the right area. I recently built a new PC. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have been experiencing very random... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DRizzle, Jul 29, 2016.

1. DRizzle Win User

IAStorDataMgrSvc Stopped Working

Hi everyone,

I hope I am posting in the right area. I recently built a new PC. I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. I have been experiencing very random freezing. Sometimes ill be watching a video and after 5mins the screen will freeze and the sound will loop. Other times, while using Chrome or listening to Spotify for over an hour it will randomly freeze. The times seem very erratic.

I have done a lot of research and think I nailed down the problem. In Windows Event Viewer, and Reliability Monitor, I have noticed that whenever the computer freezes I get an error (just error not critical) saying:

Log Name: ApplicationSource: IAStorDataMgrSvc
    Date: 7/30/2016 11:35:21 AM
    Event ID: 0
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: DESKTOP-5LARBDS
    Description:
    Service cannot be started. The service process could not connect to the service controller
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="IAStorDataMgrSvc" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-07-30T18:35:21.129772000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>5847</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-5LARBDS</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>Service cannot be started. The service process could not connect to the service controller</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

If you only read one thing - The Reliability Monitor says: IAStorDataMgrSvc has stopped working. I checked a lot of times that the pc froze and it always seemed to accompany this error.

This is the Intel Rapid Storage Tech right? Do I just need to update it? Would this stop my freezing? Whenever I click the IRST icon on my computer it says Intel RST Service is not running. I cannot seem to open it. I found the new drivers on Intel, but I don't seem smart enough to find a way to install them. Even the Intel site doesn't help.

Sorry if I didn't provide enough info, please let me know if you need more. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks! David

:)

DRizzle, Jul 29, 2016

2. PC is revving after Win 10 upgrade

Thanks. I also disabled IAStorDataMgrSvc (32 bit). I was kind of hoping that the gurus at Microsoft would weigh in and offer what they think is best to do, or say if it was OK to disable it and if a future update would tackle this matter. I just want
    to make sure I did not create more of a problem.

Any thoughts Microsoft???

DannyBB2015, Jul 29, 2016
  3. AD_70WW Win User
    IAStorDataMgrSvc - high 30% CPU usage - Possible to disable??

Have updated my Win 10 and discovered high degree of CPU activity in non-active state.

Can I disable this program or function??

AD_70WW, Jul 29, 2016
  4. brummyfan Win User

You could uninstall it in Programs( Control Panel-> Programs) and install the new new driver you found in Intel site. I would suggest you to try sfc /scannow command to repair the system before trying the above.
    SFC Command - Run in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

brummyfan, Jul 29, 2016
  5. DRizzle Win User
    DRizzle, Jul 29, 2016
  6. brummyfan Win User
    It's from Intel site and don't worry about malware, try one with the setup.exe, some of them are for different platforms, you need to find the one work for your PC.

brummyfan, Jul 29, 2016
  7. DRizzle Win User
    Hello again,

I know this is oldish, but I am still having problems. Firstly, I ran the scannow command three times. That didn't work so I ran RestoreHealth, which also didn't work. I ran scannow again and still nothing. I then uninstalled the Intel Rapid driver and reinstalled it with the SetupRST file. It installed but would never actually run. The little IRST icon in the icon tray always said that IRS was not running. I would start it in device manager, but the icon would still say not running and the app would not open.

After all that I reinstalled Windows (keeping apps and files), and it still crashes. Everytime I watch a video for more than a couple minutes (mainly Youtube), the computer will freeze and the sound will loop. Windows Event Viewer always says IAStorDataMgrSvc has stopped working. I am booting from a Mushkin ssd, and it is my primary drive. I feel like if I get IRST to run properly and open the app, my problem will be fixed. But, I don't know that for sure.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Thanks! David

DRizzle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. IAStorDataMgrSvc Stopped Working - Similar Threads - IAStorDataMgrSvc Stopped Working

2. stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    stopped working: opening perfomance monitor i have this description that i am looking for assistance:SourceDAX APISummaryStopped workingDate‎20/‎01/‎2023 01:16StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  3. stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    stopped working: opening perfomance monitor i have this description that i am looking for assistance:SourceDAX APISummaryStopped workingDate‎20/‎01/‎2023 01:16StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  4. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft Account window opening, it's thinking, and then the window just closes. I can log in using a password, but I can't use Hello or...
  5. PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Stopped Working and Now the PIN Setup Stops Working: Hello,I'm using Windows 11 fully updated. My PIN stopped working about a week ago. I try to set it up again, the process starts with the Microsoft Account window opening, it's thinking, and then the window just closes. I can log in using a password, but I can't use Hello or...
  6. cortana stopped working

in Cortana
    cortana stopped working: has just stopped, any fixes? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-stopped-working/efb116d4-b28c-446e-8753-d2590db5a334"
  7. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  8. bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    bluetooth mouse abruptly stopped working stopped working: Windows 10 Pro x64 Logitech M535 mouse My mouse stopped working while using my computer. (Yes, I changed the battery just in case.) In the process of troubleshooting and several failed attempts to restore use of my mouse, I noticed a few noteworthy things: 1) Bluetooth is...
  9. Edge stopped working

in Browsers and Email
    Edge stopped working: I keep getting this message when I close Edge. It doesn't affect anything since it occurs when I'm closing. I noticed it on a customer's PC the other day so it looks like a MS bug. Closing the warning closes the warning and nothing else. Pete 56311
  10. VPN stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN stopped working: Hello everyone! This is my very first post so I am sorry for any mistake. I have a bothering problem. My VPN, which I configured through the "Settings" page of Windows 10, stopped working. It happened already yesterday, then I restored the system to a previous point and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. iastordatamgrsvc stopped working

2. IAStorDataMgrSvc event id:0

3. IAStorDataMgrSvc IAStorDataMgrSvc stopped on taskmanager

4. windows 10 iastordatamgrsvc event ID 41,
  5. iastordatamgrsvc 15.9 stopped