Windows 10: IAStorDataSvc causing high CPU and Memory usage after Win 10 upgradeI

Discus and support IAStorDataSvc causing high CPU and Memory usage after Win 10 upgradeI in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I was prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 from my Windows 7 desktop. After not seeing any performance increase, in fact, the cursor was moving in jerks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rihoughton, Aug 9, 2015.

1. IAStorDataSvc causing high CPU and Memory usage after Win 10 upgradeI

I was prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 from my Windows 7 desktop. After not seeing any performance increase, in fact, the cursor was moving in jerks and things were very slow. I looked at task manager and the IADataStorSvc was using over 50% CPU and 45% RAM. It does it pretty much all the time. I have searched other windows forums and this same issue came up with Windows 8 with no solution offered from Microsoft or Intel. I need some knowledgeable Microsoft engineer to tell me exactly how to remedy this and not blame it on a virus. This issue has been around for a couple of Windows versions and Microsoft needs to publish an explanation of what is happening and how to remedy it. I am (and have been) running Norton and I periodically scan for spybots using spybot.

:)

rihoughton, Aug 9, 2015
  2. ThanhMcFarland, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    pc windows 10

Here are some more things to consider:

2018 01 04- 6 WAYS TO FIX WINDOWS 10 HIGH CPU USAGE AFTER CU OR FCU – 100% DISK 100% CPU

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/windows...

READ MORE – 100% HIGH CPU / RAM / FAN

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/stop-whats-rev...

Top 10 Ways to Fix High CPU/RAM/Memory Usage after Windows 10 Update
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-hig...

Fix Windows 10 High Memory Usage/Leak after the Creators Update
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-hig...

Fix WMI Provider Host High CPU Usage after Windows 10 Creators Update
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/wmi-pro...

Fix Computer Fan Noise Due to High CPU Usage on Windows 10
    https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/fix-com...

Rohn007, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

IAStorDataSvc causing high CPU and Memory usage after Win 10 upgradeI

1. IAStorDataSvc causing high CPU and Memory usage after Win 10 upgradeI - Similar Threads - IAStorDataSvc causing high

2. High memory and cpu usage

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    High memory and cpu usage: Never had this happen to me before. My memory and cpu usage is higher than normal, task manager says that my memory usage is 60% on idle. It's usually about 20 or 30, my cpu is 10% on idle and it spikes to 60 sometimes. When I open a game or browser they get significantly...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage

in Windows 10 News
    MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe High CPU and Memory usage: [ATTACH]If MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe or Microsoft Edge Content Process is causing a high CPU or Memory usage issue, here is how you fix the issue. Although this problem mainly occurs in Windows 10, you can encounter the same in Windows 11 as well. It appears due to corrupt system...
  4. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  5. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10: I have a problem.. after trying a lot of solutions nothing really works.i have only chrome opened with one tab writing this question* and it takes 400 MB..not to mention 60% of memory is being used and i don't know for what it is being used..nothing runs in my background. no...
  6. High Memory Usage and CPU in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU, Memory & Disk Usage: Hello Microsoft! I am new to post here so please don't kill me if I am doing wrong things here. I am in dire need of some tech support. I am becoming upset of what is happening with my laptop now. It responds so slow and often displays "not responding". My works were already...
  8. High memory usage on Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    High memory usage on Win 10: Hello everybody! So, I have faced an issue recently that I couldn't manage to overcome so far. Task Manager shows that I am using 63% of my RAM, but nothing is running actually apart from the basic Windows services. I have disabled Windows Search, Superfetch, done...
  9. Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix High CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10: [ATTACH] If you are facing high CPU usage by IAStorDataSvc on Windows 10, then it’s because of Intel Rapid Storage Technology. It appears as a Service which may result in not only high CPU usage but also high memory and disk usage, [...] This post Fix High CPU usage by...
  10. iastordataSvc 32 bit high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    iastordataSvc 32 bit high cpu usage: Hello, My laptop as a problem where IAStorDataSvc (32bit) as unusual high cpu usage. I tried to find new updates but i couldn't find anything related to intel Rapid storage technology. I also installed the update finder from Intel but that didn't turn up anything good....