Windows 10: IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre...

Discus and support IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro type 9228 Fir some reason i can not get any other version of Windows than Windows Vista x64 or x32 bit to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TYLER_ERMIS, Feb 20, 2019.

1. IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre...

Hi, I have an IBM Intellistation Z-Pro type 9228

Fir some reason i can not get any other version of Windows than Windows Vista x64 or x32 bit to install on the system, because Preinstallation Environment doesnt detect the Hard Drives.

i think i need the storage control drivers for it but i can not find any on the jnternet (especially since IbM no longer supports the system)

I am posting a pic of the screen with the possible Storage controller driver i need for the system.

IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre... [​IMG]

:)

TYLER_ERMIS, Feb 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 and IBM Intellistation Z Pro (9228) - Recent installers not working

Hello,

Using an IBM IntelliStation Z Pro 9228.

When Microsoft announced that we could migrate to Windows 10, we proceed without any problem from Windows 8.1 on one Workstation.

Only, when trying with the recent versions of the installer (first tentative was around the start of the year) on an other workstation (same configuration) we were getting black screen, stuck Windows logo, freeze at the language selector, using the migration
    App in Windows 8.1 or the ISO image.

We have tried everything (disabling planar systems, booting with nothing connected, swapping memory modules, video card, reset BIOS / CMOS).

We finally decided to test if it was possible to reinstall Win10 on the "already updated workstation"... to realize that the recent installer displays the same behavior / problem no matter the workstation used.

Obviously, Windows 10 run flawlessly when using the migrated partition. Very strange.

Any idea?

Any way to turn the verbose / debug when using the ISO image installer, so at least we could send MS a log... ?

Thank you in advance!

FastThinker, Feb 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and IBM Intellistation Z Pro (9228) - Recent installers not working

Hello Sachin,

Thank you for the quick follow-up!

We have tried without keyboard / mouse. Anything that can be physically detached from the board was removed excepted the dual CPU. We've swapped video cards nVidia / ATI / swapped monitors (Old CRT to LCD) / connector type (VGA / DVI / HDMI).

But I doubt it's video related. The system hangs / freezes / crashes, for example the caps lock key doesn't work after reaching the "black screen", if we reach the language selection the mouse freeze generally after submitting the choices.

Most of the time it hangs just after leaving the Windows logo while transiting to the language selector leaving the screen black, some time just before the transition, while the spinning wheel is displayed.

Intuitively it seems to me to be related to the onboard SATA controller. Because when no HD are connected it can reach the language selector more frequently, but when HD are connected, the "spinning wheel / black screen" is the farther it reaches. The system
    stops working usually just after the HD LED has blinked.

Here the Motherboard / Onboard SATA Controller:

Motherboard Model: IBM 9228

Motherboard Chipset: Intel 5000X (Greencreek) + 631x/6321 ESB2

Intel 631x/6321 ESB2 - SATA Controller [A-1]

System isn't connected to Domain.

I could send to MS all the details needed, just let me know how to proceed...

Thank you again, much appreciated!

FastThinker, Feb 20, 2019
  4. IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre...

Windows 10 and IBM Intellistation Z Pro (9228) - Recent installers not working

Hello,

This could be an issue caused due to corrupted Installation media also. And also Mainly this could also be caused due to corrupted Hard Drive or a Damaged Hard Drive.

You may have to format the Disc or an USB device and create a new installation media and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps regarding the
    clean installation of Windows 10.

Refer: How to: Do a clean install of
    Windows 10
    -
    suggested by Andre Da Costa.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre...

1. IBM Intellistation Z Pro (type 9228) Windows can't find Storage device/hd in Windows 10 Pre... - Similar Threads - IBM Intellistation Pro

2. I can't activate pre-installed windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I can't activate pre-installed windows 10 pro: Hello,Windows 10 pro came pre-installed on my computer, but I have been unable to activate it. The error code says "We can't activate Windows because we are not connected to your organization's activation server". The problem is, I don't have an organization and it has not...
  3. Pre install windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre install windows 10 pro: Hello Microsoft,I hope all is well with you all today!My company has some laptops that does not have windows 10 pro pre installed, its just regular windows 10. Is there way to pre install windows 10 without creating a local account before we hand laptops out to employees?...
  4. can't find windows 10 pro education.

can't find windows 10 pro education.: May i get windows 10 pro education download link for reinstallit is preinstalled with my pc.i delete system files.no backup.i tried to download ,but only i find windows 10 pro and windows 10 education.can't find windows 10 pro education.please help by providing windows 10 pro...
  5. Windows 10 Pro and Network Attached Storage devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro and Network Attached Storage devices: Hi. I am running two pc's on a local network. One is running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 and the other is running Windows 10 Pro build 10.0.19041. Home version of Windows 10 can access my WD Ex2 Cloud device while the Windows Pro version provides error code...
  6. Windows 10 pro pre installed

Windows 10 pro pre installed: I want to double my ram from 8g to 16g will this cause a loss of my product key? Actually what modifications can i make without loosing the key? I have lost my key several times in the past on earlier versions of windows....
  7. win 10 will not recognize external HD/storage devices....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win 10 will not recognize external HD/storage devices....: so trying my external drives on new win 10 machine. both devices worked fine on win 7, every other device I use via this usb connection also work fine. so how can I get win 10 to work fine? I see one of the devices is listed in device manager but cannot get it to actually...
  8. Windows cant type Z

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows cant type Z: Wether i use my actual keyboard or the on screen keyboard i cant type the letter Z. Had to copy paste it from a web page. Any suggestions for a fix? Thanks submitted by /u/dean_yyy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dkub0c/windows_cant_type_z/
  9. IBM - Get 10TB of storage for free

in Windows 10 Support
    IBM - Get 10TB of storage for free: Hello, Maybe this will be off interrest to someone : Get 10 TB of icloud storage for free 140130
  10. Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228

Windows 10 upgrade on Intellistation 9228: Hi, I have an old IBM Intellistation Z Pro 9228 (MC1) I am tryint to upgrade this machine to Windows 10 Pro 1903 from a clean installed and activated copy of Windows 7 Pro. When first reboot occurs, setup freezes at 1%. I left it like this for 1 hour, until i finally...