Windows 10: iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address

Discus and support iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have switched to Windows 10 for mail and calendars as Outlook was taking too long to load. I have set up my gmail account for mail and all is working... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ceresia, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Ceresia Win User

iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address

I have switched to Windows 10 for mail and calendars as Outlook was taking too long to load. I have set up my gmail account for mail and all is working fine. However I use iCloud for my calendars and want to see my iCloud calendars in Windows 10.

However I am having problems setting up my iCloud account in Windows 10. I enter the relevant details but the "looking for your settings" process never completes. Could this be because I use the same email address for Gmail and my Apple ID?

I suspect I'm making a basic error but would welcome any suggestions. Thank you.

:)

Ceresia, Sep 30, 2016

2. Viewing the Windows 10 Calendar I use on my laptop on my iPhone/iPad. i.e. syncing my Windows Calendar to my iPhone/iPad....

As long as you add the same calendar account (Google Calendar, Outlook Calendar, iCloud) service to both devices, they will stay synchronized.

So if your phone uses Apple iCloud, go to the Windows Mail app, click Settings / Accounts and add your iCloud account. Then everything you put in the Windows Calendar will show up on your phone too.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Sep 30, 2016
  3. Mark Bu Win User
    Unable to sync my iPhone 6 plus calendar with the Windows 10 calendar app

Hello,

If you are using an iCloud account for your iPhone calendar you can add that account to your Calendar app on Windows 10 from Calendar -> Settings -> Manage Accounts -> Add Account -> iCloud and entering the email address and password used for your iCloud
    account. However, as the iCloud account only uses the email address to sign in and not directly associate your email account, you will only be able to add/remove/edit calendar entries from your iPhone.

Mark Bu, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Bastet Win User

Do you use two-factor/two-step authentication on your Apple account? If so the email may require an app specific password.

Bastet, Sep 30, 2016
  5. Ceresia Win User
    Thank you. I do use two-factor authentication and this was the first thing I tried. I generated the password and used that but I get an error code: 0x800706be "sorry we weren't able to do that" as a comforting message!

Ceresia, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. iCloud and Google Calendar Conflict: Both Use Same Email Address - Similar Threads - iCloud Google Calendar

2. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  3. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  4. Using work email address for both personal and work account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using work email address for both personal and work account: This is a mixed Window 10 account/Office365 account question I had initially created a "personal" Microsoft account with my work email, purely for use with work-related things. I also use this to sign in to my Windows 10 profile on my laptop and save all my preferences etc....
  5. Conflict between MS account name and email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Conflict between MS account name and email address: Hi, I have one personal MS account called *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've had this for a few years and can access it fine, including live mail It has one email address associated with it, also called *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have...
  6. Trying to sync outlook calendar with google calendar using same Live e-mail

Trying to sync outlook calendar with google calendar using same Live e-mail: I'm using my Live account for Google Calendars but my calendars shared with me on Google by other users does not sync and show up on my Outlook Calendar. Any ideas?...
  7. iCloud calendar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud calendar: I have a problem with the iCloud calendar. It isn’t showing most of scheduled events. I use this feature on my computer and on the iPhone and checked it using different computers with the same result. I noticed this problem a few months ago and since that moment I’ve tried...
  8. Icloud email using an alias

Icloud email using an alias: I have successfully added my icloud email and calendar. How do I set it to use my alias icloud email address? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-email-using-an-alias/3549cc56-7f3b-4624-a960-e44836fb781d
  9. Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic

Windows calendar app using iCloud calendars is faulty and problematic: Hi, I am using a PC with Windows 10. I use the built-in Mail and Calendar apps. The calendar app is synced with my iCloud calendars that I use on my iphone and ipad. It was sent up using the standard method of adding the iCloud account into the Calendar app then using the...
  10. Google Calendar uses old email address

Google Calendar uses old email address: This behaviour applies to other calendar apps on my Android phone as well. I used to have an iBurst email address. I cannot remember if I used a calendar app on my Android phone while I was iBurst. Years ago I switched from iBurst to ADSL and created a GMail address. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud google calendar conflict