Windows 10: iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

Discus and support iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by acplaird, Jul 10, 2018.

1. acplaird Win User

iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set this up on multiple times over the last three months. This is rendering my Windows 10 Dell XPS impractical for everyday use and I have returned to using my old and slow MacBook Air. Note that I can set up iCloud mail in Outlook 365 but do not need or want the over-complexity of the Outlook 365 interface. iCloud mail appears to be correctly setup in the client but will not sync mail. I made a support call to Microsoft about two months ago but the technician could not solve the problem. Can anyone else?

Yes, I do have iCloud for Windows installed and working on the XPS.

Prior to the installation of the April 10 upgrade iCloud mail worked perfectly in the default email client for Windows 10.

:)

acplaird, Jul 10, 2018

2. iCloud is there in Mail, but not visible--now what?

Adam,

Have you checked launched he Windows Store (beta) to check for an update to the olMail App?
    Please do that before seeing if the next suggestion helps.

The information on Apple support tells me that the port#s are specific to iCloud servers. The olMail App does verifiy that you have entered the correct credentials to access the server. Maybe there's an issue with the way Windows defined the Server.

That was the other members question - how to set specific server information in the client. Neither of us found where to to that.

Mystere suggested tacking the port # onto the server as shown below. I'm looking around to try and fine where to see this information (registry? Appdata...packages?)
    imap.mail.me.com:993
    smtp.mail.me.com:587
    I haven't test that, though it sounds logical *Wink

It could just be a mismatch in the way you set it up (partial name instead of the full eMail address) or it could be a bug in the way olMail sets up iCloud when you click on that automatic setup link (previous iterations of MS mail clients had a similar bug - the work around was to manually set up the client)

I'll post what I've written so far and come back after some more testing.

Slartybart, Jul 10, 2018
  3. adding iCloud email account to Windows 10 Mail app

Hi Rose,

You may encounter difficulties in adding your iCloud account in the Windows 10 Mail app due to incorrect email configuration settings. Let us analyze some information to get a proper resolution. Please answer the following questions:

• Just to verify, are you receiving any error messages? If so, can you specify the error/s? You can also send us a screenshot.
    • Do you remember enabling two-step verification on your iCloud account? If yes, please turn it off or use the app password to sign in.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 10, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

1. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client - Similar Threads - iCloud mail email

2. iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    iCloud email not connecting to MS Mail app?: I've done some research and i'm making sure i get an app-generated password from my iCloud account but it's still not working for me. I'm getting an "attention needed" message and when i hit "fix" it tells me to enter the password, so I'm assuming it's not accepting it? Has...
  3. Unable to remove iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to remove iCloud email from Windows 10 Mail app: Hi, I am trying to remove an unresponsive iCloud account from my Windows 10 Mail/Calendar app. This account was set up in Windows 10 Version 2004, but has since stopped working upon reverting to Windows 10 Version 1909. When I try to remove the unresponsive iCloud account,...
  4. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client: I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person"....
  5. Can't remove failed icloud email in mail windows 10 app

Can't remove failed icloud email in mail windows 10 app: Can't remove failed icloud email in mail windows 10 application. No checkbox or instruction if i click on broken/failed icloud email. Really frustating....
  6. Windows 10 Mail won't sync iCloud emails

Windows 10 Mail won't sync iCloud emails: Hello, I've just set up my iCloud account on my new Windows PC and am having trouble getting the Mail app to work properly. I've downloaded the iCloud app from the Microsoft Store, which gives me the option to sync Mail, Contacts, Calendars, and Tasks with Outlook. This...
  7. icloud not sending emails through mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    icloud not sending emails through mail app: My mail app was automatically updated on the 10th January and since then my computer won't send emails from my iCloud email. I can receive not send. I get an error message saying email has been stored in the drafts folder. I have not changed my SMTP settings they still read...
  8. My iCloud email wont work with mail

My iCloud email wont work with mail: When i try to do it it tells me my iCloud settings arent up to date. but they are actually up to date https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-icloud-email-wont-work-with-mail/4fdcad39-c05c-4148-a3a6-de96929c3264
  9. Windows 10 Mail App for Apple iCloud Email

Windows 10 Mail App for Apple iCloud Email: Can't connect my apple icloud email to Windows 10 Mail Application; no issue with correct PW and certificates. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mail-app-for-apple-icloud-email/5d1bc240-2be6-4c8a-a6b9-fb3b1891323c
  10. iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client

iCloud mail in Windows 10 email client: Since the latest update to Windows 10 in April 2018 I have been unable to get my iCloud email in the default Windows 10 email client. I am using two-factor authentication and therefore an apple generated app password but without any success. I have tried and failed to set...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icloud mail windows 10

2. icloud email client

3. icloud email on windows 10

4. windows 10 mail icloud,
  5. icloud mail client for windows 10,
  6. icloud mail in windows 10,
  7. icloud email client windows,
  8. windows 10 icloud mail,
  9. icloud email cant connect windows 10,
  10. icloud mail on windows 10,
  11. icloud email for windows,