Windows 10: Icon incorrect

Discus and support Icon incorrect in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; https://i.gyazo.com/1b1be32a27ceff06...f3bd98d5a7.png how to reset the whole icon thingy on windows 10? 83486 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Oxlzlope, May 3, 2017.

1. Oxlzlope Win User

Icon incorrect

Oxlzlope, May 3, 2017

2. Incorrect icon display.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

1.Did you make any changes prior to the start of the issue?

2. Do you use any cloud based storage?

It is supposed to indicate NTFS compression. Right click on the partition/volume in question select properties, and see if it is on.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Deepak_Krishnan R, May 3, 2017
  3. Incorrect icon display.

Hello Ryan,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your patience. Let me assist you further from here.

Since some of the icons do not display correctly, I suggest you to rebuild the cache icons in Windows and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • Type in the following commands till the computer restarts by itself.

ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache

taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F

DEL "%localappdata%\IconCache.db" /A

shutdown /r /f /t 00

Kindly keep us posted on the status of the issue for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Icon incorrect

dalchina, May 3, 2017
  5. Oxlzlope Win User
    i tried to delete iconcache but still no luck i ended up deleteing the folder in windows start menu location *Sad my pc Icons is fkced up

Oxlzlope, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Icon incorrect

1. Icon incorrect - Similar Threads - Icon incorrect

2. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  3. Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer Gallery View Incorrect Icon proportions: The idea of having a “Gallery View” for Media inside Explorer is a great feature. Unfortunately, it needs to work correctly to really enjoy. Gallery View really does struggle with MOV or MP4 video thumbnails rendering them as a square, incorrect proportions or Horizontal or...
  4. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  5. Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps

Easier solution for broken , missing , incorrect desktop icons that doesn't take 20 steps: for me this has worked for various types of malfunctioning and/or broken & missing desktop icons, such as blank, black squares, or white page icons.1.Press Win + R shortcut keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog.2.Type the following in the Run box:ie4uinit...
  6. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly: Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed to appear just after I connected to my university account's OneDrive. Have I done something wrong? I have already tried to...
  7. Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly

Icons for pdf's showing up incorrectly: Hello, I've been using my PC normally for the past month or so, but suddenly all the PDFs on my PC have begun to display the wrong icon, and it seemed to appear just after I connected to my university account's OneDrive. Have I done something wrong? I have already tried to...
  8. Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?: I could've sworn that the icon was different days ago, now it's smaller and white, any idea why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-onedrive-icon-incorrect-on-the-search/4993b16b-0a3b-4f5c-b6b2-5d11fb4a36c5
  9. Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?

Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?: I could've sworn that the icon was different days ago, now it's smaller and white, any idea why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-onedrive-icon-incorrect-on-the-search/4993b16b-0a3b-4f5c-b6b2-5d11fb4a36c5
  10. Why is my onedrive icon incorrect on the search start bar?

in Windows 10 Customization