Windows 10: Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes)

Discus and support Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What causes these 3 square blocks? [img] happens on various forums and websites. chrome 10 dell My system: View image: info pc 50003 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bright Eyes, May 11, 2016.

1. Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes)

What causes these 3 square blocks?
    Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes) [​IMG]
    happens on various forums and websites.

chrome
    dell
    My system: View image: info pc

:)

Bright Eyes, May 11, 2016
  2. dsmkilla Win User

Photo Thumbnails only work SOMETIMES in PC Suite

I can't pinpoint what exactly is causing this but sometimes when I go into the "File Manager" in PC Suite, SOMETIMES my photo thumbnails will show up and sometimes they won't. I did notice that when this occurs my Phone Memory and Memory Card icons will
    change to different pictures as well. I'm using PC Suite Version 7.1.18.0

Here are the images... Any ideas?

When my icons show up like they do in the picture below, my thumbnails for images will not work either.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/1/nokia_bad.jpg

But now when my icons show up like they do in this picture, my thumbnails for images work just fine.

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w261/1/nokia_good.jpg

dsmkilla, May 11, 2016
  3. MS1717 Win User
    Missing icons

Great that you don't need that icon anymore.

BUT sometimes other icons disappear from time to time. Looks like you showed me how to restore icons in general.

BUT you assume more knowledge than I have. You ask me to go 'here' and then give me a picture.

How do I get that picture? Where is 'here'?

MS1717, May 11, 2016
  4. Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes)

Usually, the image has been removed ... or the server cannot be reached

I checked the one above and all 3 images are coded with
    webkit-fake-url

Sounds ominous, bu it seems to indicate that the person who uploaded the image did so incorrectly (copy & paste perhaps)

There's not much you can do about it - other valid images are showing - the fault isn't on your side.

Slartybart, May 24, 2016
  5. Thank you, exactly what I wanted to know. One question, how did you locate the url from a snapshot image I posted?

Bright Eyes, May 25, 2016
  6. If you hover over an object, the URL is shown in the status bar (if view status bar is on)
    or
    If you right click the object, select copy address, paste it into a text editor
    ** never paste it into the address bar of your browser- it might be dangeous
    ... you just want to look at the addres, not go to the address
    or
    you can inspect the page and locate the object
    or
    you can view source and locate the object

techie stuff *Wink

edit: Opps - I searched the net for Dreamer Marshmellows, the cartoon character I relate to
    Which cartoon character do you relate to? - Blurtit
    scrolled down to teh post Dreamer Marshmellows, the cartoon character I relate to

Then I did the stuff above on the actual page

Slartybart, May 25, 2016
  7. Ah.. like inspect element ect. I understand. thanks.

huh was just wondering what would make pasting the address into a browser dangerous, possibly, though. ?

Bright Eyes, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes)

1. Icon issue (pictures not showing sometimes) - Similar Threads - Icon issue pictures

2. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  3. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons: picture folders don't show actual pictures on icons but when I click on a picture it then shows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-folders-dont-show-actaual-pictures-on/2af69b69-a503-41d4-8a50-68e741fafe6e
  4. picture folders don't show actaual pictures on icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. not showing mini picture on search icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not showing mini picture on search icon: not showing mini picture on search icon on my pc and laptop but other PCs are showing. it's showing bing ai chat icon. how to return mini pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-mini-picture-on-search-icon/7242ab95-9590-4830-99b0-91736df4a8c5
  6. not showing mini picture on search icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not showing mini picture on search icon: not showing mini picture on search icon on my pc and laptop but other PCs are showing. it's showing bing ai chat icon. how to return mini pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-mini-picture-on-search-icon/7242ab95-9590-4830-99b0-91736df4a8c5
  7. Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes: Hello everyone i have problem with hidden icons on taskbar, when im start my PC all good the problem happend, when im close/exit the app and back later or Immediate so its show wrong icon. most time the icon of windows defender or mic icon. so if has some solution for the...
  8. Desktop icons not showing as the picture

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons not showing as the picture: I turned on this morning to find that my desktop is populated with icons or thumbnails or whatever they are called and I want them to show as the picture not just some blank square. I have Googled it but cannot find any answers any ideas greatly appreciated see pic solved I...
  9. Generic icons showing instead of pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Generic icons showing instead of pictures: I am a Windows 10 user. Some of the icons are not showing pictures on the thumbnails, just a generic icon. Other images are showing. It's a mixture. The correct view options are checked/unchecked and the problem persist on any size icon. Can you help me with this issue?...
  10. Picture icons not showing in Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture icons not showing in Windows10: I have a brand new HP laptop with Windows 10. The picture icons in File Explorer are not showing. If I change to a different size icon, sometimes 1 or 2 pictures will show. If I change again to another size icon, a couple different icons will show - never the same as the...