Windows 10: icon menu problems

Discus and support icon menu problems in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when i right click on any desktop icon the menu appears with a blue buffering ring for 1 to 2 seconds then both menu and ring both disappear, the menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PETELIZDUDLEY, Jul 8, 2018.

1. icon menu problems

when i right click on any desktop icon the menu appears with a blue buffering ring for 1 to 2 seconds then both menu and ring both disappear, the menu will not stay open.

:)

PETELIZDUDLEY, Jul 8, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Jul 8, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 8, 2018
  4. Darknova Win User

icon menu problems

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 8, 2018
Thema:

icon menu problems

1. icon menu problems - Similar Threads - icon menu problems

2. start menu icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icon: All the icon in start menu became a folder. How to fix it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icon/793ccd6a-c30f-4600-ada0-281fe99d0092
  3. Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium problem with favourites icon on menu bar.: I am using Edge Chromium in Win 10 V 2004. I haven't had any problems but now if I hold the cursor over the grey star with three lines (Favourites icon) top right the Manage option has vanished and favourites is very slow to open and only a small part of the favourites list...
  4. Start Menu Icon Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Icon Problem: Hi. I installed the new version of Windows 10 and this happened to icons' appearance on my start menu and search section. A cross appears on each app and they flash when I hover the mouse pointer on them. I'm experiencing this not only in the start menu but also in lots of...
  5. No icons or Start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons or Start menu: Split from this thread. Powered on PC today and no icons or start up menu appear, I can't do anything and it is running incredibly slow, it is Windows 10. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience if this is not the proper way to ask this question. Thanks for any help....
  6. Start menu pin icon problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu pin icon problem: Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app...
  7. Start Menu Icon Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Icon Problem: So I upgraded to Windows 10 and so far everything seems to be working fine however the one problem I've had is a problem with the icons for Google Chrome and Origin on the start menu. The Chrome icon is really over sized compared to what it should be and is on a black...
  8. Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem in Menu/Tab Text and icon graphics: I am having issue with the text and icons not appearing in the right click menus including property menus and other dialogue boxes. [img] [img] restarting solves the issue for a while but it appears again after sometime. Please suggest a solution. I am having Intel(R)...
  9. Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Icons: Hello, Is there a way to pin a web page shortcut tile to "Start Menu" from Google Chrome maintaining original web page icon. Thank You 102601
  10. Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar, Start Menu, Icons Problems Help: Hi, i am facing a really hard time with my windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 (like 3 days ago), everything was working fine, but now my taskbar is having all kind of problems like literally, first start with my "Start Menu" it not functioning anymore, than the...