Windows 10: Icon not working when pin to start menu

Discus and support Icon not working when pin to start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I change a icon to small that is pinned to start I loose the icon.It comes back if I change to medium, just started with new build 10586 31333 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zplugger, Nov 23, 2015.

1. zplugger Win User

Icon not working when pin to start menu

If I change a icon to small that is pinned to start I loose the icon.It comes back if I change to medium, just started with new build 10586

:)

zplugger, Nov 23, 2015

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Nov 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 start menu missing icon

Pinning the app from All Apps to the start menu works just fine to put the app in the start menu. However, there is still no icon associated with the app. Only a blank box of random solid colors. Even if the apps have an icon in All Apps it will not show
    up when I pin it to the start menu. When I create a desktop shortcut, the icon appears on the desktop. This issue only occurs for a few apps.

William Kochevar, Nov 23, 2015
  4. zplugger Win User

Using Edge and Chrome for browser's at this time. I can set Edge to small in start menu OK, If I set Chrome as small in start menu it become grayed out and no icon shows?

zplugger, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Icon not working when pin to start menu - Similar Threads - Icon working pin

2. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  3. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  4. Start menu pinned apps icons broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu pinned apps icons broken: Hey guys. I have an issue that came up a couple of days ago out of nowhere. I have game launchers installed on another ssd (games ssd) and got them pinned to start menu. as of couple of days ago they appear to have broken icons, shortcuts work tho and I can still launch my...
  5. Pin to start menu icon cache

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin to start menu icon cache: Hey guys, I changed the Google Chrome icon with resource hacker and it changed just about everywhere. Rebuild icon cache and all is well now when i pin it to the start menu its the old icon.. is their a start menu cache icons file I have to remove ? 167021
  6. Start menu icons not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu icons not working.: So, there is a program in my start menu which I deleted that wont go away. I've checked the folders where the start menu icons are located and found no remains of the particular programs' icon. Upon trying to click on the icon, it just gets highlighted and nothing happens....
  7. Cannot Pin or Organize Icons in Start Menu

Cannot Pin or Organize Icons in Start Menu: I seem to have lost the ability to pin programs to the Start Menu or organize the ones I had already pinned. Also, when I try to turn on "Use Start full screen," it turns back off right away. It's a new computer that I built last night with a new Windows 10 installation....
  8. Wrong icon in start menu when searching

Wrong icon in start menu when searching: The result of searching in Windows 10 start menu shows wrong icon for all UWP applications (e.g. Calculator, Calendar). Anyway to fix it? Thanks! Some examples of the wrong icons are shown below. Why I choose "Ubuntu 16.04" rather than other common built-in UWP apps is that...
  9. Start menu pin icon problem

Start menu pin icon problem: Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app...
  10. How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to customize pinned Start Menu icon?: I have a shortcut on the left-hand side of Start Menu that opens my Gmail in a Chrome window. This shortcut is actually a shortcut to chrome.exe with a bunch of command-line arguments that make it open my Gmail page right away. The shortcut has a custom "red enevelope" icon....