Windows 10: icon of seagate hdd has changed

Discus and support icon of seagate hdd has changed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello today i noticed that teh icon of seagate backup plus desktop drive has changed.how can i restore original icon?i have win10 x64 76193 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vasilisnik, Jan 29, 2017.

1. icon of seagate hdd has changed

hello today i noticed that teh icon of seagate backup plus desktop drive has changed.how can i restore original icon?i have win10 x64

:)

vasilisnik, Jan 29, 2017
  2. EMGuy Win User

Half of storage space available

I bought a new 4TB Seagate HDD and installed it into a new tower with new GPU and old motherboard, processor and 1TB HDD. I then installed Windows 10. After the installation was complete I noticed that my C: Drive only had 1.99TB of storage available.

I have tried updating the drivers, changing the partitions and reinstalling Windows 10 and so far nothing has worked. Any help is appreciated.

EMGuy, Jan 29, 2017
  3. HDD won't spin down/sleep in Windows 10

I have recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro x64 and I am experiencing a weird problem.

My HDD setup is as follows:

Samsung EVO 250GB M2 SSD - OS and apps

Crucial MX100 512GB SATA SSD - Games

Seagate ST2000 2TB SATA HDD - Media

After configuring Windows 10 to sleep the media HDD (the seagate) after 5 mins of inactivity I noticed that it never actually does it, the HDD never goes to sleep, spins down.

That HDD only has media on it and no apps so there should be nothing accessing it.

How can I found out what is preventing the HDD from going to sleep?

sd_dracula, Jan 29, 2017
  4. Bastet Win User

icon of seagate hdd has changed

My seagate icon is under the top tree/list of the drive, if you've moved or deleted it it'll revert to the standard icon.
    If you haven't moved, deleted or changed it then post back.

Bastet, Jan 29, 2017
  5. i don΄t understant

vasilisnik, Jan 30, 2017
  6. Bastet Win User
    Here is a visual of my external hard drive with the Seagate icon + an autorun file containing the code to show the icon.
    The autorun file contains this:
    [autorun]
    icon=.\SeagateExpansion.ico

icon  of  seagate  hdd  has  changed [​IMG]

Bastet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

icon of seagate hdd has changed

1. icon of seagate hdd has changed - Similar Threads - icon seagate hdd

2. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  3. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  4. Transfering files from Seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfering files from Seagate HDD: Hi!My seagate HDD has been acting strange lately and i know it is a problem with seagate and windows 10/11. I want to transfer all of my files from my seagate hdd to another usb harddrive. I simply just drag and drop the files as i assume is right?I get these error messages...
  5. Transfering files from Seagate HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Transfering files from Seagate HDD: Hi!My seagate HDD has been acting strange lately and i know it is a problem with seagate and windows 10/11. I want to transfer all of my files from my seagate hdd to another usb harddrive. I simply just drag and drop the files as i assume is right?I get these error messages...
  6. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  7. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  8. Seagate Freeagent HDD

Seagate Freeagent HDD: I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop HDD that is not being picked up by Windows 10. I have been on to the internet several times looking up options to get over this problem but, as of now, none of these options work. I have bee to the Seagate website but again I have not...
  9. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?: Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know...
  10. Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.

Win10. Seagate HDD not seen by Win10.: I have this Seagate SATA HDD that win10 doesn't see. Not anywhere. Device manager, disk management, nowhere. But run Seatools on the computer and it sees it okay and gives it a clean bill of health. Except it doesn't list it as 'ready to test' like it does all the other...