Windows 10: Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

Discus and support Icon overlay limit in windows 10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as: — Dropbox — Tortoise SVN — Mega... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jools, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Jools Win User

Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

As you may be aware of, windows 7 and windows 8 only allows for 15 icon overlays to be used by such programs as:
    — Dropbox
    — Tortoise SVN
    — Mega

I wonder if this limit has been increased in windows 10?

Reference:
    Windows 8 Max Overlay Icons

:)

Jools, Jun 17, 2015
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Icon overlays in Windows 10

Hi,

There are currently 15 slots allotted for icon overlays in the system image list of Windows 10. 4 of these are reserved for the system, and OneDrive uses 5, leaving six slots for use by other icon overlay handlers. If more than 15 icon overlays are registered
    in the system, the extra icon overlays aren't used. This limit of 15 overlay icons applies to Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions about your computer.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Jun 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 and the infamous overlay icons limitation

What exactly is the infamous overlay icons limitation? Icon overlay limit in windows 10? :)

Andre Da Costa, Jun 17, 2015
Thema:

Icon overlay limit in windows 10?

1. Icon overlay limit in windows 10? - Similar Threads - Icon overlay limit

2. Windows 11 taskbar icon overlay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 taskbar icon overlay: Just like what's showed above. I've tried the answers in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-are-overlapping-in-windows-11-taskbar/905f5d5e-6dd3-4836-8718-282481c04a0b . Resetting scale and layout doesn't work, but when I add a new user it rightly...
  3. Windows 11 Shell Icon Overlays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Shell Icon Overlays: Hello,I am using a shell extension in Windows 10 that is setting an icon overlay on specified files. When the file has an Offline Attribute System.IO.FileAttributes, System.Runtime.dll, I am relying on the default grey cross icon from Windows for these offline...
  4. Random icon overlays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Random icon overlays: I'm using just a very simple desktop which I've configured to look like Windows XP, so it is not complicated. I use shortcuts on my desktop and they should be showing an overlay a little northeast arrow indicating the icon is a shortcut. A few times daily, randomly, it...
  5. Has MS updated the 15 shell icon overlay limit yet ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Has MS updated the 15 shell icon overlay limit yet ?: I want to install various services like Drop Box, Google Drive, etc. But on my old PC when I did this I lost all my One Drive green icons which are useful. Then I had to try and alter the regedit with all the icon numbers, etc. I know there is a 15 limit, with 3 set to MS...
  6. Windows 10 update/backup icon overlay

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update/backup icon overlay: [IMG] Hello everyone! There is an icon in the bottom right corner of my screen, which looks like an update or backup icon. I don't know what it is, but it displays over everything, which is annoying and when I try to screenshot it, it doesn't show up in the screenshot,...
  7. Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. […] This article Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  8. Icon Overlays in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon Overlays in Windows Explorer: Can anyone help me remove the icon overlays in Windows Explorer Extra Large Icon view (see image)? I'm a photographer, and find these overlays extremely annoying when searching images. Every search I've done points to syncing and OneDrive, and although I have one drive...
  9. Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove overlay icon(x icon) for offline files in Windows 10: We want to remove the overlay icon for offline files in Windows 10. So we want the offline files to appear without the x icon. We deleted the registry key for Offline Files in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers...
  10. overlay on notification icon

in Windows 10 Support
    overlay on notification icon: Windows 10 64 bit Pro version 1511 [img] Anyone know what that circled bar is trying to tell me, there were no outstanding notifications in Action Centre pop-out. After a while I noticed it had it disappeared. As I'm writing this, I might have figured what it was....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Tortoise SVN doesnt show those green red yellow icons - windows 10

2. max overlay icons windows 10

3. windows 10 64 bit icon overlay limit

4. infamous overlay icons limitation