Windows 10: Icon pack for Windows 10 ?

Discus and support Icon pack for Windows 10 ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Is there any free icon pack available which will replace stupid 1D icons of 10 with something nice ?. I have been using Windows since Win98 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anshad Edavana, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Icon pack for Windows 10 ?

Hi

Is there any free icon pack available which will replace stupid 1D icons of 10 with something nice ?. I have been using Windows since Win98 days and never installed any third party icon pack or themes before.

:)

Anshad Edavana, Dec 7, 2015
  2. Aadithye Nandakumar, Dec 7, 2015
  3. js_lil Win User
    Old Windows-8-style BD-ROM icon in Windows 10 after clean install

I can also confirm that I am affected by this issue. Likewise, I am on a clean install of Windows 10 64-bit.

I can confirm that the .dll files that the icons are stored in under the Windows directory are not fully up to date with the Windows 10 reworked icons. The imagesp1.dll icon pack contains the [old] assorted Blu-ray drive icons, as well as the HDDVD icons.
    The imageres.dll icon pack contains all the [new] up to date Windows 10 icons - included in there is updated DVD icons, however, none specific to Blu-ray drives.

It would be greatly appreciated if this can be pushed to the dev team to implement suitable up to date icons.

js_lil, Dec 7, 2015
  4. zooburner Win User

Icon pack for Windows 10 ?

zooburner, Dec 7, 2015
  5. windunce Win User
    Icon pack for Windows 10 ? [​IMG]

If you have a friend with any earlier version of Windows, just grab a thumb drive and
    copy the shell32.dll and the imageres.dll from their Windows/System 32 folder onto the drive.
    Then make a folder in 10 named Icons and transfer them into it.

Right click on any shortcut and choose Properties and then click on Change Icon and
    browse to any of the mentioned files and choose an icon that you desire.

My Icon folder has all the shell32/imageres files all the way back to Win 3.1
    I just rename the files in an appropriate manner.....ie imageres7.dll shell32-8.dll.
    Happy browsing.

windunce, Dec 7, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I can recommend Iconchanger (freeware) - small program which comes with about 77 Win 7 icons.
    Damian's Homepage
    This makes a copy of your imageres.dll, updates the icons, and should replace your imageres.dll with that copy.

I found it didn't actually complete the last step by itself reliably and had to do that manually - i.e. replace imageres.dll which it copies from your OS, updates, and places in its installation folder.

Note- this (of course) has to be redone on any major upgrade like the November TH2 upgrade; probably 2 like that expected next year.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Icon pack for Windows 10 ?

1. Icon pack for Windows 10 ? - Similar Threads - Icon pack

2. How can I use Windows 10 icon pack on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use Windows 10 icon pack on windows 11?: I can't find Windows 10 icon pack because I am bored Windows 11 icon. Who have Windows 10 icon to install in 7TSP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-windows-10-icon-pack-on-windows-11/86bc8ac6-4f22-4cd6-965d-96cdcd7ccd48
  3. How can I use Windows 10 icon pack on windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use Windows 10 icon pack on windows 11?: I can't find Windows 10 icon pack because I am bored Windows 11 icon. Who have Windows 10 icon to install in 7TSP? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-use-windows-10-icon-pack-on-windows-11/86bc8ac6-4f22-4cd6-965d-96cdcd7ccd48
  4. Scrolling in an icon pack in Microsoft launcher for android to change an icon is extremely slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scrolling in an icon pack in Microsoft launcher for android to change an icon is extremely slow: All info is in the question. Thanks Ron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-in-an-icon-pack-in-microsoft-launcher/5e5c524d-0fcd-415e-aff4-a81b23eafbd0
  5. Scrolling in an icon pack in Microsoft launcher for android to change an icon is extremely slow

Scrolling in an icon pack in Microsoft launcher for android to change an icon is extremely slow: All info is in the question. Thanks Ron https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scrolling-in-an-icon-pack-in-microsoft-launcher/5e5c524d-0fcd-415e-aff4-a81b23eafbd0
  6. How do I remove a "Custom Icon Pack" installed in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I remove a "Custom Icon Pack" installed in File Explorer?: My brother installed an icon pack onto my PC through unknown means, probably because he has an over obsession with "Retro Stuff" and now all of my files look wonky and out of place. Image 1 & Image 2 ImgurI've tried deleted the cache, deleting the problem files Both from File...
  7. How do I remove a "Custom Icon Pack" installed in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove a "Custom Icon Pack" installed in File Explorer?: My brother installed an icon pack onto my PC through unknown means, probably because he has an over obsession with "Retro Stuff" and now all of my files look wonky and out of place. Image 1 & Image 2 ImgurI've tried deleted the cache, deleting the problem files Both from File...
  8. How do I remove a "Custom Icon Pack" installed in File Explorer?

9. THIS IS THE PROBLEM I AM FACING WITH ICON PACK WHEN I TRY TO DELETE THEY SAY'S NO?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    THIS IS THE PROBLEM I AM FACING WITH ICON PACK WHEN I TRY TO DELETE THEY SAY'S NO?!: please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-is-the-problem-i-am-facing-with-icon-pack/a7bbffa3-8bcc-4a43-bca5-99bd86777498
  10. Is there a good website that I can go to for Windows Icon packs?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a good website that I can go to for Windows Icon packs?: I was wanting to customize some icons on my pc do add some variety. submitted by /u/qUxUp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ln0ofz/is_there_a_good_website_that_i_can_go_to_for/