Windows 10: Icon size and fonts

Discus and support Icon size and fonts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jayefayed, Jul 18, 2015.

1. jayefayed Win User

Icon size and fonts

Need help please. Love the Win 10 preview. My problem is some of my icons are too big or too small. Half and half on the desktop. My fonts are so small I can hardly see them Also my icons are just about touching. Need to space them better.On Explorer the text is fine but when I go to the address bar they are so small I can't see them very clearly. Would appreciate any help. I am running a L34 Ultra wide monitor at 3440x1440.

My second question is I bought an extra SSD hard drive to load the 10 preview on and left all my win 8.1 pro on my bigger SSD hard drive. I want to0 upgrade it to the bigger T-1 SSD EVO Samsung. Will the upgrade know that I want to put it on my EVO SSD?

Thank you for any help

Jaye

:)

jayefayed, Jul 18, 2015
  2. haolekook Win User

how to make font size larger in file explorer...

Doing that changes the size of the icon or folder icon but not the font size of the text

haolekook, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Sudden increase in Font size everywhere

The font size of icons as well as font size of everything in the file explorer increased suddenly. Its at 100% scaling, but still is larger than usual. I also tried custom scaling
    but did not work. The font size in the Apps window, start and tiles is proper but the font size of icon text, folders titles, disc names etc. is bigger than usual. please help

SumitKulkarni, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Icon size and fonts

WARNING: Edit your first post and delete your Email address-- you could get your identity stolen- you could start receiving tons & tons of spam-- need I go on?*Wink

Cliff S, Jul 18, 2015
  5. jayefayed Win User
    Thank you deleted email

jayefayed, Jul 18, 2015
  6. sgage Win User
    The ability to set font sizes for individual elements is pretty much still broken. I discovered the keys in the registry that you can use to adjust this, if that is something you are comfortable with.

In the meantime, you can right-click on the desktop, select Display settings, and do a blanket scaling-up of your display. Going into advanced settings, the advanced tweaking of font sizes is just grayed out. They have got to fix this, and soon - I've given my feedback on this as have many others. I'm sure it will come along by and by.

sgage, Jul 18, 2015
  7. Cliff S New Member
    You're welcome*Smile

Cliff S, Jul 18, 2015
  8. caperjack Win User

Icon size and fonts

almost certain it will install the upgrade onto what ever drive has win8.1 on it now

caperjack, Jul 18, 2015
  9. tperk100 Win User
    I just installed Win 10. I can go to Control Panel, Fonts, Change Font Size, and then change font text size for desktop icons, menus, etc..

tperk100, Sep 25, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    You posted this same response in 6 different threads, many of which were fairly old.

Ztruker, Sep 26, 2015
  11. topgundcp Win User
    If you wish, you can try this. It will allow to change different fonts and sizes:
    Winaero Tweaker

Icon size and fonts [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 26, 2015
  12. tperk100 Win User
    I did, and I knew they were old, but they seemed to be all be all in need of the answer I posted. As a new Win 10 user I searched for how to change text properties and found the threads before I finally figured out how to do it.

tperk100, Sep 26, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Icon size and fonts

Okay, good point. Thanks for taking the time to do so.

And welcome

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icon size and fonts

1. Icon size and fonts - Similar Threads - Icon size fonts

2. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  3. Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Layout and Font Size: Yesterday in the middle of working on my Surface Pro 7, my screen glitched and when it popped back up, my Desktop icons were extremely small and missplaced. I am unable to move the desktop icons that do show on my desktop its as if 1 icon is the size of a quarter of my...
  4. Increase ICON label font size???????

in Windows 10 Customization
    Increase ICON label font size???????: Seems I can adjust all the font sizes in Windows 10 and ICON sizes but the ICON labels remain tiny. Any fix coming for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-icon-label-font-size/f56feeaf-3894-4e38-9eba-2b9d5fdcad0d
  5. change icon size and fonts on desktop

change icon size and fonts on desktop: change icon size and fonts on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-icon-size-and-fonts-on-desktop/b284d108-f2ea-4846-ae65-18ea60ea1143
  6. Changing size of icon font on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of icon font on desktop: Hope y'all can help me out. There's a free win.10 utility that you use to change things on win.10. Among the things you can change is icon font size, spacing, etc. You can change all kind of things. Thing is, I once had it and reformatted and lost it. Does anyone know the...
  7. Font and icons size

Font and icons size: Font size is too small, but it's only on desktop and in file explorer, other fonts are ok. Also icons on desktop overlays each other even though i choose align icons to grid. How can I solve it? Changing scaling doesn't work.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Font, Icon sizes and restore points

Font, Icon sizes and restore points: I have read through 1000's of posts regarding the function and ability to increase font size (that used to be available in Windows 7 Color and Metrics). I have had Microsoft in my system and Dell. Sadly I am a photography business I run 3-Windows 7 and 2-Windows 10Pro...
  9. Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts

Taskbar Icon size and overall fonts: So after all my upgrades (I have 4 7pro systems running and networked) I had to add a new system hence Windows 10. What a joke!!!!!!!!!! It's Windows 10 PROFESSIONAL and it has so much junk on it it's CRAZY!!!!!!!!! I can't even uninstall 3/4 of them. Microsoft dialed...
  10. Font and Font Size

Font and Font Size: I'm in the process of setting up my new laptop and have font questions. How do I change the font to my personal preference and how do I change the size as well? The current one is much too small. I located changing from 100% to 125%, which is problematic and does not...