Windows 10: Icon/thumbnail views

Discus and support Icon/thumbnail views in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by hkp68, Jul 28, 2016.

1. hkp68 Win User

Icon/thumbnail views

I have many folders that are Adobe Ill, Adobe Photoshop and Flexi with big files. I want to change the default view for my pictures folder including its sub folders, but not every folder because it slows it way down trying to come up with a icon for these big files. Not sure if that makes sense.*Confused Any suggestions? Thank you, Holly

:)

hkp68, Jul 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 photos App does not show thumbnails when you view your collection

ok.. update on my post...

upon reviewing my folder settings I saw that my view settings were wrong to be able to view thumbnails in file explorer.. I unticked always show icons, never thumbnails and as good measure I also unticked display file icon on thumbnails.. and it worked..
    pretty much all my apps and programs (photo viewing and editors) will show thumbnails now.. the app that I am using currently is the photos app.. thumbnails for movies is also shown as well..

BuckParadis, Jul 28, 2016
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Picture preview at Windows 10

Hi Chan,

If File Explorer is not showing thumbnail previews for photos in Windows 10, You may try out the following solutions:

Check if thumbnail preview supported view is turned on

Make sure that you have turned on the thumbnail preview supported view for the folder where you have your photos. Note that every folder can have its own view setting, and when you change the view, it won’t be applied to all
    the folders on your PC.

To turn on thumbnail preview supported view, click on the View tab, and then click on one of the following views: Extra-large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Tiles, Content.

Check if thumbnails are disabled

When thumbnails are turned off, the File Explorer displays icons of the default program for the file type instead of the thumbnail preview. You may try these steps:

• Open up File Explorer. Click the File menu and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options. If a file is selected in the particular folder, you might see just Options instead of Change folder and search options. Clicking Options
      will also open Folder Options.
    • Switch to the View tab. Under Advanced settings section, uncheck the option labeled Always show icons, never thumbnails, and then click Apply button
      to enable thumbnails in Windows Explorer.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 28, 2016
Thema:

Icon/thumbnail views

1. Icon/thumbnail views - Similar Threads - Icon thumbnail views

2. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  3. PDF thumbnail view

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PDF thumbnail view: Is there a thumbnail view for PDFs? PDF docs in folders are displayed as icons. It would be very helpful if I could view them as images. I have Acrobat DC, and the whole creative suite....
  4. Thumbnail View

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnail View: What happened to Thumbnail view of Office 365 documents in Windows 10? All my thumbnails have disappeared except for pictures and videos. This is very annoying! How do I get them all back?...
  5. thumbnail view issue

thumbnail view issue: Hello, I have installed pdf reader like foxit reader, sumatra pdf and microsoft edge as well. When I use the thumbnail view unchecked always show icons not thumbnail. As a result my other directories except Ondrive directories PDF thumbnails are working fine. But for...
  6. icons or thumbnails?

icons or thumbnails?: My pc has started to show mostly icons instead of jpeg photos how can I reverse this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-or-thumbnails/c0f8aefb-25b0-4384-a70e-f9d95bb1a02b
  7. view thumbnails of photos

view thumbnails of photos: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  8. view thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    view thumbnails: Good day I have tried all the usual fixes for this problem clicking the check marks in view , making sure I am in lg or ex lg view. still only can get the photo app icon to view. this is in all my photo folders Peter...
  9. Thumbnail view size

Thumbnail view size: Even when I have selected extra large icons the thumbnails are only showing as large icons. How do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thumbnail-view-size/57e412f5-d3c6-478a-851f-1c52e74a655e"
  10. Icons and thumbnails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons and thumbnails: Hi all, hope you can help. Ok, in Windows 7, when changing the desktop pic, you could see thumbnails of the pics you wanted to select. I have fixed this in windows 10, all well and good, BUT, I now have thumbnails of pics on my desktop that previusly were just icons. I'd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thumbnail and icon disappeared when change view size