Windows 10: Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Discus and support Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mr Morgan, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Mr Morgan Win User

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Win 10 gives two 'Resize' options for icons/tiles on the start menu when you add something via 'Pin to Start'. These sizes are 'Small' and 'Medium'.

Does anyone know if there is a very small option at all?

:)

Mr Morgan, Sep 5, 2016

2. Windows 10 Start menu lost 120 px tiles

Hello

I just upgraded to Windows 10 from 8.1 and so far love it. However I liked the Win 8.1 start screen being large and full page and having the colorful large 120 px tiles.

I had Office 2013 installed on 8.1

On Win 10 the start menu has shrunken the icon size on the tiles to the small size for all of the Office 2013 programs. They are small icons floating in the middle of the tile which doesn't appeal to me aesthetically.

How do I get the large 120 px tiles back? I am speaking in particular for Excel, Access, One Note, Power Point, etc.

I figure they are lurking somewhere in the system. I think they are called the Modern UI tiles.

WallaceWells, Sep 5, 2016
  3. Start Screen icons are dissappearing

I have Windows 10 pro, I use the full screen start menu.

A few weeks ago, some of the icons from the tiles on my start screen disappeared. The tiles remain, with the correct background color and size, but the icon is gone.

It's not every tile, mostly Microsoft products - Excel, Word, Edge, all office products in fact, plus Chrome and Gimp.

Rebooting doesn't fix it, but resizing the tile does.

But the fix only lasts a day or two then the icons start disappearing again.

CiviCharles92011, Sep 5, 2016
  4. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

Only ever seen Small, Medium, Wide or Large, and not all these options are available for every App.

thegeriatric, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10

1. Icon/tile size on start menu in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Icon tile size

2. Win 10 Start Menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 Start Menu icons: Where can i find the path of the file explorer icon that is displayed in the windows start menu? I already extracted every icon possible with programs like iconsext but had no luck. This is the only one i couldn't find, at least that i am aware of. I hope someone can...
  3. How to change Start menu tile icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change Start menu tile icon: I want to change the Settings tile to the new 10X settings icon. Can you help me with this? submitted by /u/stadiafan37 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpt37v/how_to_change_start_menu_tile_icon/
  4. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  5. Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles and their Icons - How to fill entire tile with Icon?: I have 3 shortcuts to websites... specifically links to Zoom conferences. I have pinned these shortcuts to the start menu as small tiles. I made 3 icons, one for each, in Illustrator, saved as PNG, then ran them through Gimp to save as Icons. Gimp has changed a LOT since I...
  6. How to assign icon to start menu tile.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to assign icon to start menu tile.: I've got an old app from Everett Kaiser called Sherlock. I've got the app pinned to my start menu. The icon is a smoking Calibaster pipe. Recently the app icon changed to what I would describe as a white page. I've tried to unpin from start and repinned from app on c: drive,...
  7. Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing size of graphics within the tiles/icons in start menu: Hello, Here is my start menu: [img] I cannot find how to make the icons for apps larger. For no apparent reason, the Opera Browser icon (the actual icon, not the blue tile) is larger than, say, the Adobe apps. And the 'Live Tile' icons are lovely and fill the tile. Is...
  8. Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.

Default start menu tile size. Bulk resize.: I've googled and binged, I've Duck souped and magellaned.... Surely Microsoft isn't so dimwitted so as to not provide the opportunity to set a default tile size (I prefer small) for start menu tiles. Or the ability to mass-resize (shift-click - something) so that the start...
  9. Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??

Small size tiles in start menu are cropped..??: Win 10 x64 Small size icons are getting cropped .. See the image.... Any ideas on how to fix...?? Edit: I'm on latest build 10240.. Funny...It was back to normal on a reboot and now again cropped..*Tongue 8977
  10. Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to change tile size and icon on Windows 10 start menu.: I need to change the size of a tile on the Start Menu in Windows 10. The right click option only offers "small and medium" not the large option. Secondly, I would like to be able to change the picture on each specific tile so I can better personalise it. Thanks in...