Windows 10: Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them

Discus and support Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello DrOwse, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile You might see if rebuilding the icon cache may help. *Arrow Rebuild Icon Cache in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dr0wse, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Dr0wse Win User

Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them

Rebuilding the icon cache worked, thanks so much!

Dr0wse, Apr 4, 2018
  2. Dr0wse Win User

(Windows 10) My taskbar has been acting up in that the icons show the wrong application icons, and when I mouse over them, they change to the correct icon, but change icons for other icons along the taskbar. I've searched all over and haven't found anyone having a similar problem on any forum. Anyone experienced this and can think of any solution? I've tried locking the taskbar, moving it to other parts of the screen, but nothing seems to fix it. There's also all sorts of other visual bugs in the file explorer when viewing image previews.

Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them [​IMG]

:)

Dr0wse, Apr 11, 2018
  3. Problem with Start, Search and no taskbar icons.....again

It might be helpful if the TASKBAR icon showed. I can not right click on the PowerShell icon because it doesn't show or even activate when the mouse is run over the area where it should be.

LauraGonzalez_714, Apr 11, 2018
  4. EddoX Win User

Windows 10: When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects FOREVER (til I move my mouse).

Window 10 - When I hover over a taskbar icon, I want to see the preview list of open objects FOREVER (til I move my mouse). I learned how to change it from icons to a list, but now I want it to stay as long as my mouse pointer is hovering over the icon on
    the taskbar. Currently it only shows for a couple of seconds. I don't want a couple of additional seconds. I want the list of object to stay on the screen til I move my mouse.

It was possible in Windows 7. I hope it's possible in Windows 10.

EddoX, Apr 11, 2018
  5. dmholt57 Win User
    If you restart the machine, does it stop doing it?

dmholt57, Apr 11, 2018
  6. Dr0wse Win User
    It does not, I've tried a few times and the problem still remains.

Dr0wse, Apr 11, 2018
  7. dmholt57 Win User
    Is that first file explorer icon acting as the Windows icon?

dmholt57, Apr 11, 2018
  8. Dr0wse Win User

Yep, its not always that icon though. Sometimes the Cortana icon shows up for the windows icon, sometimes its correct. They all seem to interchange and duplicate randomly. It is the correct number of programs at the bottom, its just the icons themselves that switch around.

Dr0wse, Apr 11, 2018
  9. dmholt57 Win User
    I don't recall anyone having that same behavior, I would prob try the built in reset Windows, what version and build are you running?

dmholt57, Apr 11, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 11, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons along taskbar show wrong icons, change when mousing over them - Similar Threads - Icons along taskbar

2. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  3. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them: hello,my taskbar icons have stopped showing the preview when i hover over them the little window that is normally displayedcan anybody please assist me...
  4. my taskbar icons are not showing preview when i hover over them

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. hidden icons shows the wrong icons

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hidden icons shows the wrong icons: all my apps are shown as windows icons what to do to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-icons-shows-the-wrong-icons/81811e57-c7b6-45ab-a322-423ba27e939c
  6. Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Hidden icons, show wrong icons sometimes: Hello everyone i have problem with hidden icons on taskbar, when im start my PC all good the problem happend, when im close/exit the app and back later or Immediate so its show wrong icon. most time the icon of windows defender or mic icon. so if has some solution for the...
  7. Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons"

Looking to change taskbar icon for "Show hidden icons": Because of poor vision, I have changed the taskbar icons in Windows 10 Pro for speakers, Network, and "Safely remove USB" to others more visible. I'd like to change the icon for "Show hidden icons", which is an up arrow. Does anyone know where the file for this icon is...
  8. Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons

Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons: Hello! So I just signed up here because I'm desperate and don't know what to do. So basically, I thought the windows 10 default folder icons were pretty bland and ugly so I decided to change them. I read that you could change your default icons by going into to registry...
  9. Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them: Will post links to pictures underneath of issue but basically icons started looking weird today on the action centre and the windows bit in the left bottom corner. When I put mouse over them they go back to normal but then weird again. Any help? Thanks 1 2 3 4 104814
  10. Taskbar icons showing wrong app?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons showing wrong app?: My taskbar icons are suddenly showing the wrong app. This is a screenshot the taskbar with an open a PDF, it is showing the icon for Photoshop: [img] The file icons display correctly elsewhere. I've tried https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html 37980