Windows 10: Icons and Folders Disappear

Discus and support Icons and Folders Disappear in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This issue just happened twice in the last week. Did a search and there were very old threads related to this but none of the fixes worked. I image my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stealth2920, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Icons and Folders Disappear

This issue just happened twice in the last week. Did a search and there were very old threads related to this but none of the fixes worked. I image my C drive every other day so it only takes about 3 mins to restore, but that's not the point. All the icons on the desktop and folders in the C drive disappear. The text is left and you can click on the text and the shortcut still works. Both times that this happen was after a reboot. Upon the reboot they were hidden somewhere.

:)

stealth2920, Jul 19, 2018
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Icons and Folders Disappear upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jul 19, 2018
  3. How to make a Uber Hidden Folder

• Make a new folder.
    • Change the icon to a blank icon. No icon should appear
    • Rename the folder to a blank by pressing "alt + 255." (NOTE: Press 255 on the numpad) No text should appear.
    • Your done! It is uber hidden. *Big Grin Icons and Folders Disappear :D

PVTCaboose1337, Jul 19, 2018
  4. wolf2009 Win User

Icons and Folders Disappear

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Icons and Folders Disappear

1. Icons and Folders Disappear - Similar Threads - Icons Folders Disappear

2. Icons disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons disappearing: Win10 Home. My desktop icons have disappeared. The names of the programs are still there, and the programs still run - just no icons, although I cannot read the properties of these programs I tried all the simple things, witth no luck. Ran 'sfc /scannow' and it found some...
  3. Icons disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons disappearing: when I logged in to my PC the recycle bin icon disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-disappearing/92a29620-29b6-4463-8445-cab2527944d4
  4. Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?

Desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ?: What is going on with my desktop ? My desktop icons and folders keep disappearing ? Where is my stuff ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-and-folders-keep-disappearing/bf48c283-71fb-4b84-bb81-6c5dcec27ec8
  5. Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Custom Folder Icons Disappear Frequently: I recently a few months ago found out that I can change the icons of folders. Seeing the potential usefulness of this I made my own custom icons by building vector icons in CorelDraw 2018, the graphic design software I use on a day to day basis. Ive spent a lot of time...
  6. The yellow folder icons have disappeared

The yellow folder icons have disappeared: This is driving us mad and we can't get help from any crappy online auto answers. When you go into a documents file, all the yellow icons for indivual folders have disappeared. Please can anyone help?...
  7. pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders

pics. disappear and turn into icons on pic. folders: hi folks , need help ,just bought W10 desktop a remanufacted one and downloaded my W7 files. the problem started right away all the files with pics. turned into icons , so reset everything that I could find from going into command prompt to regit from all the info I found...
  8. File and Folder Icons Disappear after compression

File and Folder Icons Disappear after compression: Hi. After recent Windows updates, about half of my files showed little blue arrows in the top left corner (which I found out meant they were being compressed). Then about a day later, I logged back on to my computer to find out that all the files and folders that were being...
  9. Icon disappear

Icon disappear: My icons (right bottom) won't show these 3 icons (power, volume, wifi) at once. It just show 2 icons only and the other 1 will disappear but will appear if i drag one out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-disappear/c8c9de77-874d-4232-bbeb-0c76c47a3619
  10. Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing

Program Icons in a Folder Disappearing: Hi everyone. So I have a weird problem. I have a "Games" folder on my Dektop. It's where I keep my games, shocking, I know. For some reason the isons constantly disappear. Sometimes I set custom icons if I don't like the looks of a default icon, it just helps me identify...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icon of folder dissaper

2. windows 10 icons and folder text disappear

3. how to make folders disappear?