Windows 10: icons flashing when using win+d...

Discus and support icons flashing when using win+d... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey, when i am in chrome and i press win+d icons on my desktop flashes and when i press win+d to go back to chrome i see something weird black screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by empleat, Jul 11, 2018.

1. empleat Win User

icons flashing when using win+d...

Hey,
    when i am in chrome and i press win+d icons on my desktop flashes and when i press win+d to go back to chrome i see something weird black screen and than two rectangles one on the left and one on the right part of the screen like normal window, but only outline of these windows and rest is black screen, one outline is blue and one is orange, it is really super-annoyng. I have animate windows when minimizing and maximizing checked.

:)

empleat, Jul 11, 2018

2. After installing windows 10, desktop has no icons and flashes

Any suggestions?

sbbarnett24, Jul 11, 2018
  3. wolf Win User
    How to use Win flash?

there is a way i've found that works, using W1zzard's advice, ill look it up and post it here for you.

EDIT: here it is *Big Grin icons flashing when using win+d... :D

USING ATI WINFLASH TO FLASH YOUR BIOS

you have to run it through the command prompt.

Step 1: create a new folder in the root directory of your C drive (so you can easily navigate to it in DOS).

Step 2: copy all the ATI WinFlash files and the new BIOS to this new folder.

Step 3: open command prompt and navigate to your new folder.

Step 4: use the normal ATIFlash command: "atiwinflash -f -p 0 4870.rom"

it should take a minute or two to flash. it will tell you to reboot. you'll have to reinstall your video driver. but everything worked for me after that.

WARNING: if you don't get a successful confirmation at the end of the flash, make sure you flash it again before you reboot. you will brick your card if you reboot before a successful flash.

4. Arun B J Win User

After Installing windows 10, only my C Drive and D: Drive is showin my other drive for flash drive is not showing? Everything has become a nightmare

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Do you face this issue specific with this Flash Drive or all the flash drive?

• Did you try connecting the flash drive to another system?
    I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the USB driver for the computer.

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows and x key on the start screen and select
    Device Manager.

b) Locate the Universal Serial Bus controller’s driver.

c) Right Click on the USB driver icon and select Uninstall.

d) Restart the computer. After restarting the computer, USB driver will automatically be installed.

Connect the Flash drive through the USB and check if it responds.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, Jul 11, 2018
Thema:

1. icons flashing when using win+d... - Similar Threads - icons flashing using

2. Problem using WIN + D when playing fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem using WIN + D when playing fortnite: Cannot win + d when playing Fortnite anymore. System is updated. Does someone know of any possible solutions?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-win-d-when-playing-fortnite/03b467d2-1b44-48b3-9b4c-46b68bd8b8db
  3. Problem using WIN + D when playing fortnite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem using WIN + D when playing fortnite: Cannot win + d when playing Fortnite anymore. System is updated. Does someone know of any possible solutions?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-win-d-when-playing-fortnite/03b467d2-1b44-48b3-9b4c-46b68bd8b8db
  4. Win 10 and using jump/flash plug in drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 and using jump/flash plug in drives: I can't get my new win 10 pc to recognize, or show me onscreen, how to use plugged in jump drives..... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-and-using-jumpflash-plug-in-drives/aeea2459-bb6e-4f6c-b1e3-f11c2f5db252
  5. Taskbar icon flashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar icon flashing: When you start a program in Windows, the icon on the taskbar flashes Orange, presumably to alert you that it's open (as though you did not know already that XD). I want it to not do that. It is incredibly distracting, and not very user-friendly trying to work and iTunes or...
  6. Taskbar icons flashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar icons flashing: Hi everyone, I have a problem I hope you can help me to solve it. Whenever I open Windows Explorer, go to any folder which contains a .avi video file, the taskbar icons will start flashing or blinking non stop. As soon as I close the Explorer, the blinking stops. Please help!...
  7. booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    booting win 10 using a fat32 flash drive: Help me understand this plaease!!. My laptop has crashed and will not reboot, I beleive I have the "blue screen of death" and auto repair loop of doom. None of the recovery options work including full refresh which deletes everything. So my next step was to download win10 ISO...
  8. Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Win 10 x64 using a flash memory: Hello all, I'm going to re-install Windows 10 x 64. My SDD is of 256 GB size containing two drives. The C drive is to be for installation and the D drives contains my valuable data. I want to use the Rufus app to install the .iso file of the windows into a 32 GB flash...
  9. ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing

in Windows 10 Support
    ctrl+d cause icons on desktop flashing: Hello, when i am on desktop and press ctrl+d icons flashes, or i would descibed it like dissaper and reaper quickly. Cant find fix. Please help me with this annoynce ffs! 114017
  10. Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash

in Windows 10 Support
    Win+D causes all desktop icons to flash: I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 and there's a minor annoyance of desktop icons flashing / blinking whenever I press Windows+D (and I use this shortcut a lot). Looks the same as if pressing F5 or right click -> Refresh. It seems this issue goes away if I fiddle with...