Windows 10: Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

Discus and support Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dooey123, Jul 30, 2015.

1. dooey123 Win User

Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu

As per the image below - why are many of my apps not showing their icons? There's not options to change them and I've tried pinning the original .exe and shortcuts to the app but there is no difference. Any clues?

Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu [​IMG]

:)

dooey123, Jul 30, 2015

2. Icons in start menu not showing

The icons in my start menu suddenly are not showing. Also since very recent when I right click on an icon there is no option anymore to open file location. Just the resize option...

I did reset the icon cache and followed every given solution I could find on the internet.

Please help

AlvinBakker, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Icons in start menu not showing

Well the menu opens correctly, so this is not useful. I am not restoring my PC. Way too much work

Oh and I once made a new admin account on another PC, moved files to the new account, but there stay references to the earlier account. Meaning that some things will be stored in the old account folders and some in the new one.

So not an option either :/

AlvinBakker, Jul 30, 2015
  4. KorYi Win User

Hey, I've got the same problem. I've tried resetting icon cache as it didn't seem to help at all. I've also noticed that if you manually change icon to anything else than the default icon, it changes correctly (even if it's the same icon, just taken from different file).

Any help appreciated ^^

KorYi, Jul 31, 2015
  5. dooey123 Win User
    Thanks for the tip.

I managed to get some of the icons changed, Open file location > change icon etc. but it's pretty random and some I can't get to change to what I want.

dooey123, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    I had this issue with folders in one of the Insider builds (can't remember which one) and never found a solution. Only updating to the next build cured it.

Boozad, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons for many apps not showing in Start menu - Similar Threads - Icons many apps

2. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  3. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu icons not showing: Hello, I don't know what happened, suddenly my icons disappeared, I want to fix this problem, it bothers me a lot, is there any way? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-icons-not-showing/2938c0c0-1adf-4d46-8161-20c1a4b8aa62
  4. Start menu icons not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Many icons are missing from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Many icons are missing from the Start menu: Windows 10, Updated many times so it's not a particular version issue.Many Icons don't display with their intended icons when I search on the Start menu. They instead display a generic JPG icon.I have tried the sfc/scan now, refreshing thumbnail cache, and basics like...
  6. Many icons are missing from the Start menu

Many icons are missing from the Start menu: Windows 10, Updated many times so it's not a particular version issue.Many Icons don't display with their intended icons when I search on the Start menu. They instead display a generic JPG icon.I have tried the sfc/scan now, refreshing thumbnail cache, and basics like...
  7. Many icons are missing from the Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Icons showing in Start Menu for any Apps/Programs?!?: Since upgrading to Windows 11 yesterday its been like this.All updates installed.Multiple restarts.Reset File Explorer in Task Manager.Any ideas on a fix?...
  9. App icons aren't showing in Start Menu

App icons aren't showing in Start Menu: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,App icons are not showing in Start Menu. I'd reset Start Menu in Registry Editor bit still not fixed. But icons are showing in Start Menu folder....
  10. Windows 10 20H2 - Start Menu many icons not showing

Windows 10 20H2 - Start Menu many icons not showing: [ATTACH] Hi, i had to remove my hard drives for cleaning my PC. After cleaning and connecting the hard drives back, i got this issue where the icons on my start menu were gone and upon right clicking i could only pin them to start. I also face 'Audio service not running'...