Windows 10: Icons for specific program are not normal

Discus and support Icons for specific program are not normal in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use a notation software called Sibelius 7.5. Recently, the files stopped showing their graphic and appear as just a blank piece of paper.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dannyelfman, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Icons for specific program are not normal

I use a notation software called Sibelius 7.5. Recently, the files stopped showing their graphic and appear as just a blank piece of paper. Additionally, they do not launch in Sibelius as they should when click on them. I have to manually right click and select "open with Sibelius 7.5". Does anyone know what caused this and how to fix it?

Thanks.

:)

dannyelfman, Aug 13, 2017

2. Taskbar Icons- Some are normal sized, some are so small as to appear like "dots"

Interesting I have the similar XPS 15 9560 Res is 3840 x 2160. the hi res certainly creates some probs with icon/pointer and window/text sizes when using an external monitor.

When I turn off the external Monitor(19200x 1080) the LT icons reset to take account of cortana box and the problem disappears.

Changing the 'Main' monitor selection makes no difference.

Icons for specific program are not normal [​IMG]

Julian Keating, Aug 13, 2017
  3. Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Icons for specific program are not normal

Hi, as I understand this it sounds as if Sibelius creates files with a unique extension. You see these files as blank white when viewed in file explorer.

It sounds as if they have lost their association with Sibelius, so you need to recreate that. You can do that via Open With, for example.
    See Option 2 in this tutorial
    Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

- and note the various other ways of setting defaults. Default associations cannot be set from within a program.

Feel free to browse and search the extensive Tutorials.
    Windows 10 Tutorials
    Windows 10 Tutorial Index Windows 10 Tutorials

dalchina, Aug 13, 2017
Thema:

Icons for specific program are not normal

1. Icons for specific program are not normal - Similar Threads - Icons specific program

2. windows 10 for a specific program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows 10 for a specific program: I use windows 7 on all computers. down the line I MAY need to use w10. but it wont be connected to the internet. possible? submitted by /u/tragically_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tk8xj9/windows_10_for_a_specific_program/
  3. Fix icon not showing for specific program

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fix icon not showing for specific program: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick, Please help me Icon not showing of specific Program in Taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-icon-not-showing-for-specific-program/71a6d523-51f9-44f6-89a7-a76627b7842d
  4. Program specific GPU selection

Program specific GPU selection: My setup consists of a 3080 and a quadro p2000. I'm trying to get the p2000 to work with a CAD program (SolidWorks), but every time I boot the program it always defaults to the 3080. The only way to run off the p2000 is to disconnect the 3080 completely. Even if there are no...
  5. cant install specific program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cant install specific program: Pls help i cant install blender it says system administrator has set policies that prevent this installation, it is only that program. pls help idk if windows dosent know im that i am the admin....
  6. Set monitor for specific programs

Set monitor for specific programs: I've bought a 2nd monitor today and I just cant figure out how to set a monitor for different programms. I want to play shooter on my main screen and racing games on my other. I think Windows needs to be able to set something like this. Or is there at least a programm that...
  7. specific web site ICONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    specific web site ICONS: Just bought a HP laptop for wife I use an iMac and all web sites come up automatically I can get icons up but all are in the google logo icon. How do I get a web site's logo onto my home page ? I've done the drag and drop from address bar with full address. been into...
  8. specific screen resolutions for specific programs

specific screen resolutions for specific programs: on previous versions of windows, one could choose the screen resolution for specific programs or apps. I cant find it in windows10, all I can find in it's place is one screen resolution option "640 x 480" and after a long time of searching for other ways to do this, it's too...
  9. How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?

How to link a specific icon to a specific File type?: What tools can be used for this purpose? (FileTypesMan, etc.) Currently there is one icon for the various File types associated with the app. Icons have been customized for each distinct file type for the app. (10 custom icons for each File Type) How to link the new icons...
  10. Taskbar Icon Spacing Normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icon Spacing Normal?: How to fix this? or is it normal? [img] 96558