Windows 10: Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware

Discus and support Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks After a Macrium restore to a different machine I've got an SD card and a Memory stick showing although these are HDD's and can be accessed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jimbo45, Aug 24, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware

Hi folks

After a Macrium restore to a different machine I've got an SD card and a Memory stick showing although these are HDD's and can be accessed normally.

Any idea how I can "Regularize" the icons - Macrium restored Windows from a Sony laptop which did have those but the destination computer (which I'm using) had HDD's instead.

BTW the Macrium restore to different hardware worked a treat and computer activated OK -- had a digital licence so quite legal - W10 found the relevant drivers just fine on boot "Getting devices ready".

Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Aug 24, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 24, 2018
  3. Safely remove hardware icon

Hi Cynthia,

For us to properly isolate the missing "Safely Remove Hardware icon" issue, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Normally, this icon isn’t missing and it’s most likely hidden in your Taskbar. To reveal this icon, you may click the arrow in the bottom right corner to show more sysbar icons. If it is available, you may pin it to your Taskbar by following the steps below:

• Connect a USB flash drive or any other removable storage to your PC.
    • Click the arrow in the bottom right corner to expand the sysbar section.
    • Now locate Safely Remove Hardware icon and drag it to your Taskbar.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware

How do I restore the original icons on android 7? [Solved]

What I would strongly suggest is you install a custom launcher, something like Nova Launcher or Apex, that way you can set up your dock or desktop any way you like it, add icon packs from play store, gestures etc and it can feel a bit smoother than stock launcher.

IceScreamer, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware

1. Icons hosed up after restore to different hardware - Similar Threads - Icons hosed restore

2. Different icons on Different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different icons on Different desktops: when are we getting this feature it's pointless to have diffrent desktops with the same icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/different-icons-on-different-desktops/ab2ab73b-5d94-4e6d-8675-252a364894d8
  3. How do you restore icons on a different partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do you restore icons on a different partition?: Hi there! How do I restore my icons that I moved to another partition D Drive. My icons show up as a blank paper with an arrow. Before, I had my files, apps, and games on my C Drive, but ran out of space, hence the relocation onto my D Drive. The file icons show up perfectly...
  4. How do you restore icons on a different partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you restore icons on a different partition?: Hi there! How do I restore my icons that I moved to another partition D Drive. My icons show up as a blank paper with an arrow. Before, I had my files, apps, and games on my C Drive, but ran out of space, hence the relocation onto my D Drive. The file icons show up perfectly...
  5. How do you restore icons on a different partition?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Restore system image to another pc (with different hardware)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore system image to another pc (with different hardware)?: My main pc just broke down but luckily I have a system image on a external drive. Because of these current times I won’t be able to fix my main pc for a while, however I do have an older system. I want to know if my system image will work on that pc or do I have to clean...
  7. Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Macrium Free --Restore to totally different hardware --Working !!!: Hi there Macrium Free version is also brilliant at restoring to totally different hardware. This method can be used pretty well where there's different hardware involved or creating V2P (a Virtual to Physical conversion) whatever VM system you are running. You can't get much...
  8. Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network logon hosed up AGAIN after latest update: Hi there I can't logon to NAS (Linux) from latest updated Windows 10 (Workstation Edition) any more (works perfectly FROM NAS TO Windows) Shares work if you manually connect via "connect network drive" with IP address but as I'm using DHCP I don't want to have fixed IP...
  9. Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Restoring "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to Taskbar: Hi everyone..... Frustrated here as I have been trying to restore the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to my Taskbar. I operate Windows 10 and use Firefox as my browser. I have searched extensively and found answers......none of them work for me......HELP! Please do not...
  10. Hosed update

in Windows 10 Support
    Hosed update: I have a dual boot set up (Linux + Windows) and my Win 10 partition is hosed since last update. The automatic repair will not accomplish anything and neither will advanced options get me anywhere. However, I can access the documents in the Win10 partition when I boot into...