Windows 10: Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

Discus and support Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fallen97, May 23, 2016.

1. fallen97 Win User

Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing [​IMG]

:)

fallen97, May 23, 2016
  2. F&MW Win User

taskbar disappears

While I am working most of the taskbar disappears and I have to push the up-down arrow icon in order to see all of the taskbar icons. How do you keep the taskbar from disappearing?

F&MW, May 23, 2016
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing

We appreciate the information you provided. Just to update, may we know if the issue still persists on your computer? Yes, we suggest that you still run the System File Checker tool for us to determine if there are corruptions in Windows system files.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, May 23, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 23, 2016
  5. fallen97 Win User
    fallen97, May 23, 2016
  6. Try right click on the taskbar icon, then right click on the application name in the drop down

Select Properties
    Press Change Icon button

Select an appropriate Icon
    Press OK

Launch Task manager
    Select Windows Explorer
    Press Restart button (lower right corner)

Slartybart, May 23, 2016
  7. fallen97 Win User
    Pardon my ignorance. I'm still a bit green with Windows 10. What do you mean by Taskbar Icon?

fallen97, May 23, 2016
  8. flybynite Win User

In your original post you said Icons in Taskbar keep disappearing. The Icons in the Taskbar are called Taskbar Icons.

flybynite, May 23, 2016
  9. fallen97 Win User
    I thought that's what you meant, however, nothing like what in your example picture came up when I did what you said to do. All I got was this...

Or this in a blank spot...

Additionally, these programs aren't pinned to the Taskbar, if that makes any difference.

fallen97, May 23, 2016
  10. I It might make a difference

In this image
    Right click on Combat Example 1

Select Properties
    Change Icon

I think you just skipped a step - not right clicking on the program name to get to the properties option

Slartybart, May 23, 2016
  11. fallen97 Win User
    I just got this...

Seems to be just the properties for the specific PSD.

fallen97, May 23, 2016
  12. flybynite Win User
    OK, if you can run these programs, then you probably started them from start menu or desktop. What do the icons look like there. Right click and go to program location, and try switching icon image to another, and then back. This can be very problematic, and is a real pain in the a$$ to fix sometimes. I do not know what kind of document icon you have, is it MS Word? But you can do a repair, or uninstall, and reinstall to fix.

flybynite, May 23, 2016
  13. fallen97 Win User

Thanks for all you help, guys. I think I finally figured it out. When I got the properties up for the desktop icon it appeared like this...

What I did was go into the program files for Photoshop, saved the Ps ICO. file to different location and then changed it in the properties.

Seems to have done the trick...

(Haven't done Adobe Bridge yet in the example)

What a serious pain in the chops that has been. Cheers for all the help again.

fallen97, May 23, 2016
  14. Excellent sluething!
    You might not have to save the ICO file, try just pressing the Change icon button.
    Browse to the install location for the application.
    Select the icon from the related EXE

That shortcut uses a GUID and there's a reference to applications (Universal app?)
    Adobe might not have set things up quite right for the install on Win10 - not sure.

Thanks for the solution that worked for you

Slartybart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing - Similar Threads - Icons Taskbar Keep

2. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  3. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  4. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Keep Disappearing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Starwind_Amada [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lzw79x/taskbar_icons_keep_disappearing/
  7. Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing

Picture thumbnails and taskbar icons keep disappearing: [IMG] I've tried almost every basic fix and more specific fix I can to try and handle this, and it still keeps happening. It's been fine for a while, but I just realized it happened again. Can absolutely anyone tell me why in the world this is happening or how to fix it?...
  8. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  9. My taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My taskbar icons keep disappearing: I setup my most used programs by pinning them to the taskbar. However they randomly disappear, all of them. Is this a known problem and if so is it easily fixed? 61313
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...