Windows 10: Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other

Discus and support Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All items inside folders are shown too separate in my windows 10 home 1709. It looks like double-spaced. It happens with images, other folders, ... all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JamesNN, Dec 15, 2017.

1. JamesNN Win User

Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other

All items inside folders are shown too separate in my windows 10 home 1709. It looks like double-spaced. It happens with images, other folders, ... all items, when you choose LARGE ICON, or MEDIUM ICON.

I was used to view my computer folders as "medium icons" but now it's painful. It's frustrating because you cannot see very much in the screen. I tried to adjust "Window Metrics" in the registry, but it seems that only Desktop icons are adjusted.

Is there a solution for adjusting icon size inside folders? Thanks in advance.*Smile

:)

JamesNN, Dec 15, 2017

2. Pixelated icons in "My PC" folder.

Hello everyone,

The icons on My PC folder are pixelated all of a sudden. At first, it was only the explorer icons, then C drive icon and now D drive icon too.

A further problem i have noticed is that my computer has suddenly become slow too.

Can anyone provide an alternative to Fixit as it's not available on Windows 10, your help will be appreciated.

Thanks

P.S. - Here is a screenshot of My PC folder, apart from E: and G: drive Icons, all other are Pixelated.

Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other [​IMG]

infiniteahead, Dec 15, 2017
  3. Blue arrows facing each other on all icons folders and files

How can i get rid of the 2 arrow icons that are on the top right of that icon(s)

They just randomly showed up one day, along with a backup of a windows.old backup, even though i had recently purchased this laptop brand new

ShanKulkarni, Dec 15, 2017
  4. JamesNN Win User

After some investigation, I think it's related to the screen (4k screen). The problem seems to be that, on a 4k screen, the thumbnail size of each folder item stays small, even in the large icons options. The display setting "change the size of text, apps and other items" is set to 250% (default), but the icons remain 100%.

JamesNN, Dec 16, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    I agree with your thoughts but there is an Extra Large icon size, which will give the best chance of a more conventional sizing, there are also screen zoom options but these do not always give a clear clean result

Barman58, Dec 16, 2017
  6. JamesNN Win User
    Extra large icon size is correct, but the thumbnail isn't, so it appears way too spaced.

Thumbnail size should increase to 250% when DPI is set to 250%.

JamesNN, Dec 16, 2017
  7. JamesNN Win User
    That's a basic feature for 4k screen computers, not to mention 5k. There should be a solution available.

Moreover, in Windows 10 you even can't "auto-arrange" icons inside folders. It's awful that such a basic option is not available in the latest and "best" OS as windows promotes it.

JamesNN, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons inside folders appear too apart from each other - Similar Threads - Icons inside folders

2. Desktop Icons have too much between each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icons have too much between each other: How can i make the gap between my icons smaller? This gap wasn't so big before i reinstalled windows in my laptop i have installed all the updates since reinstalling windows from windows update. Thanks in advance...
  3. Desktop Icons have too much between each other

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icons have too much between each other: How can i make the gap between my icons smaller? This gap wasn't so big before i reinstalled windows in my laptop i have installed all the updates since reinstalling windows from windows update. Thanks in advance...
  4. Desktop Icons have too much between each other

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Icon overlapping each other

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon overlapping each other: My icons are overlapping each other. I tried turning "auto arrange icons" on and off, it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-overlapping-each-other/2be0186f-ea0d-4f60-9319-945683a4b960
  6. Icon overlapping each other

Icon overlapping each other: My icons are overlapping each other. I tried turning "auto arrange icons" on and off, it doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icon-overlapping-each-other/2be0186f-ea0d-4f60-9319-945683a4b960
  7. Icon overlapping each other

8. I got two BSOD's back to back a few minutes apart from each other

I got two BSOD's back to back a few minutes apart from each other: I got two BSOD's back to back a few minutes apart from each otherFirst error code: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041792, 0xffffdc80f63ee6e0, 0x0000000080000000, 0x0000000000000000Second one: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000041792, 0xffff9780179fa6e0, 0x0000000080000000, 0x0000000000000000I...
  9. Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart

Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart: My desktop applications are too widely spaced apart. How do I revert it back to when all my apps could be placed in a grid-format along the left-hand side of the screen?...
  10. Folders inside other Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folders inside other Folders: How does that happen? and How can it be separated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-inside-other-folders/2dd6bc93-3141-4995-b5f5-b60d42476b89"