Windows 10: Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

Discus and support Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I single click the network tab (so it's not fully opened like below) I can see the items. But when it's fully opened they're missing. Not sure why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bobsagetfullhou, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

If I single click the network tab (so it's not fully opened like below) I can see the items. But when it's fully opened they're missing. Not sure why.

Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer [​IMG]

:)

bobsagetfullhou, Aug 29, 2016

2. 'Network Location icon' - changing them from the default to a custom one.

Hi can anybody help.....

"under Network locations, in "This PC", I have several, network locations.

Is there any way to customise the icons? Right now they all look like regular folders. I tried customising the icon with no success so far."

This question is NOT about the 'Network icon' it is about 'Network Location icons' generated when one adds a Network location from explorer under the Computer tab - Network.

thanks in advance

regards

Richard

Richard___Irvine, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Photos app on Windows 8.1 lumia 920 phone only showing some jpg images

My Lumia 920 is about a year old, running Windows 8.1.

The Photos app does not show either thumbnails or icons for some (not all) jpg files in the Saved Pictures folder. When connected to my PC running Windows 10, in Windows Explorer, all files (including the 'missing' ones) are shown as present in the Saved
    Pictures folder. However, in this case, the thumbnails of the images showing correctly on the phone also show correctly in Windows Explorer, whereas the files missing on the the phone are displayed as icons, not thumbnails.

I have already checked (following Windows Explorer > View (tab) > Options (icon) > Change folder and search options > View (tab)) that the 'Always show icons never thumbnails' is unchecked for the Saved Pictures folder on the phone.

(Note that the Lumia Camera app works as it should, and thumbnails are displayed correctly).

Any suggestions? Delete uninstall and reinstall Photos?

Richardgb1, Aug 29, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

Running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt is worth a try first for problems like these. Otherwise, you can try System Restore from a previously working state, restore from backup (you do have one?) or a repair install of Windows.

Steve C, Aug 29, 2016
  5. Tried a sfc scannow with no luck. Unfortunately have no idea when the last time it worked was. I don't check the network tab very often.

bobsagetfullhou, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer

1. Icons missing when on the Network tab in explorer - Similar Threads - Icons missing Network

2. The network icon is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The network icon is missing: Hello!It seems like the network icon in the taskbar is missing. When I try to open Network from settings, the application crashes. Thus I am unable to fix it. Please help....
  3. The network icon is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The network icon is missing: Hello!It seems like the network icon in the taskbar is missing. When I try to open Network from settings, the application crashes. Thus I am unable to fix it. Please help....
  4. The network icon is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab: Dear all,I have encountered an issue where I switched from thumbnail switcher to classic icon switch.But i found out that all the classic icon is missing....
  6. UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UWP classic icon missing when alt+tab: Dear all,I have encountered an issue where I switched from thumbnail switcher to classic icon switch.But i found out that all the classic icon is missing....
  7. Missing Tab On File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tab On File Explorer: I am running Windows 10 version 1903. My file explorer is missing the Home tab on the ribbon. All I have is File, Computer, & View. The only thing changed is a new router installed yesterday & my Pc is set to WiFi now instead of being connected directly to the router. But I...
  8. Network icon missing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Network icon missing: After i update my window 10 updates last 10 days ago, my network icon just disappeared. Even in my Setting / Network also cannot get in for configure the setting. Not only that, my language keyboard typing chinese pin yin also affected. It not can't type and words chinese pin...
  9. Tab icons missing.

in Browsers and Email
    Tab icons missing.: Many websites I usually visit have lost their tab icons and are showing a generic earth type icon instead. Does anybody know what the problem is? [img] 131924
  10. computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer folder/tab missing from file explorer/network: After I recently changed router settings, I could not see any of the computers on my local network and now I cannot see the computer folder in file explorer/network. I cannot even see my own computer. My computer can be accessed by another computer on the network. How do I...