Windows 10: Icons Move to Left after Switching Users?

Discus and support Icons Move to Left after Switching Users? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I switch from account A to account B then back to account A without logging off, I find the desktop icons in account A are all rearranged on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Dec 14, 2015.

1. Steve C Win User

Icons Move to Left after Switching Users?

When I switch from account A to account B then back to account A without logging off, I find the desktop icons in account A are all rearranged on the left hand side of the screen. Auto arrange icons is off.

Is this 'feature' another Microsoft software engineering bug and is there a solution for it? I find I don't have problems if I log out of an account before switching to another one but I should be able to switch between accounts without having my desktop icons rearranged!

:)

Steve C, Dec 14, 2015
  2. MDRSS Win User

Cant place icons on certain places on dekstop

Hi,

Ive been dealing with this for about 2 weeks,

Windows 10 desktop is messed up, it wont allow me to place files on the left-most column of the desktop (left edge), after several attempts it may or may not let me place icons there, but once I refresh and move around other items it would move them again
    (usually moves the icons on the left-most column of the desktop to the nearest empty spot that is not on the left-most column).

ive tried turning on and off "auto arrange icons" and "align to grid" and even tried switching to a new profile and switching back, restarting, virus scans. nothing helps

my PC is dell XPS 15, windows 10 home

any help is appreciated, please

thanks

MDRSS, Dec 14, 2015
  3. JerzyCzyz Win User
    Icons issue - move to the left side after reboot or even when I turn off monitors power

Thank you. I don't know how and why, but my problem with icons seems to be gone. That's mystery, because I didn't do anything.

JerzyCzyz, Dec 14, 2015
Thema:

Icons Move to Left after Switching Users?

1. Icons Move to Left after Switching Users? - Similar Threads - Icons Move Left

2. Windows 10 moves and resizes all windows after switching users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 moves and resizes all windows after switching users: My question is exactly the same as the one found in this previous thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-moves-and-resizes-windows-after/a903d961-c3d5-4a05-8728-0180ae848087?auth=1I have all my windows open the way I want them. Having the...
  3. Explorer hangs after switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer hangs after switching users: I have a fairly recent (bought last May) HP laptop, which has developed the following problem. There are two active user accounts on the laptop, for two family members. Suppose one of them is using the laptop, but another wants to briefly use his account, without logging the...
  4. Top left corner icon keeps moving

in Windows 10 Support
    Top left corner icon keeps moving: Ever since i updated from version 1903 the PC icon i have sitting in the top left corner gets moved after every restart. Its been doing the same in 2020 and 20H2 versions, anyone know why and how to stop it doing that? 179409
  5. How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to automatically move open window icons to the left on the taskbar?: This is what my taskbar looks like now. But I want to make it look like this instead. The second screenshot makes it easier for me to use keybindings. In the first image, I have to press Win+3 to focus Spotify, but only Win+2 in the second. More intuitive. submitted by...
  6. Taskbar icons moved over to the left...

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icons moved over to the left...: Hello and hope you're all keeping well, This morning I suddenly realised that some of my taskbar icons had moved over to the left... Normally I only have the Windows start icon on the left then the usual show hidden icons/speaker/network/ time/date icons on the right. In...
  7. freeze after switching user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    freeze after switching user: when i shutdown pc and then switch account on next boot windows gets stuck. any idea witch this happens. i got stuck home screen and i can press anything on task bar. submitted by /u/omarazos [link] [comments]...
  8. how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right: does any one know how to move icons on the task bar from the left to right. When I drag it from the left to right it is like have wall on the right and the icon goes right back to the left will not even stay any where to the right. Can anyone help me?? thank you for your...
  9. Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Switch user tab at bottom left is not there and I cannot log in: I am trying to reset a Dell Venue 10 tablet for a high school I work at. We cannot log in to the account to reset that way nor does the sticky keys workaround work. I need to switch user to log in to my admin account but there is no option for that. Here is a similar...
  10. Desktop icons move back to left after refreshinh

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons move back to left after refreshinh: I have given up trying to solve this problem. I move the icos to where I want them but as soon as I refresjh the Desktop they go to the left in an unordered fashion. Now, I want to go back to 8.1 but would like to know if I can migrate back to Windows 10 in the future when...