Windows 10: Icons not scaling correctly.

Discus and support Icons not scaling correctly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is driving me bananas. I spent a lot of time finding and manually applying each of these icons. They're all 256x256 or 512x512 ico files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by blackroseMD1, May 30, 2015.

1. Icons not scaling correctly.

This is driving me bananas. I spent a lot of time finding and manually applying each of these icons. They're all 256x256 or 512x512 ico files. Sometimes they'll be normal, then they'll switch to being small with the outline, then I go back later and they're normal again.

I've tried rebuilding the icon cache, but no luck there. Anyone have any ideas?

Icons not scaling correctly. [​IMG]

:)

blackroseMD1, May 30, 2015

2. desktop

Right-click your desktop and go to Display Settings.

Inside there, make sure the resolution is the recommended/native resolution. This is usually the largest.

Then scroll down to the "Scale & Layout" area and adjust the percentage there.

If you open a program that doesn't scale correctly, go to the program's icon properties and look at the compatibility tab to set the display scale for high resolution screens.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 30, 2015
  3. Surface Pro 3 external display problem

Hello,

I have following problem which appeared after anniversary update.

I have Surface Pro 3 docked and connected to external display. External is set as main display with 100 % scaling and Surfaces own as secondary with 150 % scaling. Problem is that desktop icons are not on external but stays on Surfaces own display and just
    get scaled to 100 €. Taskbar works correctly and shows only on external. Displays are configured as extended. Also when Surface is released from dock icons on its display scales back to 150 % as they should.

Thanks,

Martti Kauppinen, May 30, 2015
Thema:

Icons not scaling correctly.

1. Icons not scaling correctly. - Similar Threads - Icons scaling correctly

2. Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in: I've checked the display resolution and the scale in the display settings of my PC and on my graphics card, the resolution matches my monitor, 1280 by 800, and the scale is set to only 100%, however the display is cutting off alot of the screen near the edges, it all looks...
  3. Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Resolution and Scale are correct, Looks zoomed in: I've checked the display resolution and the scale in the display settings of my PC and on my graphics card, the resolution matches my monitor, 1280 by 800, and the scale is set to only 100%, however the display is cutting off alot of the screen near the edges, it all looks...
  4. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Correct the icon for an Action Icon: I'm asking this question for a friend - Suddenly, all her Photoshop Elements Action .ATN files were replaced with the Internet Explorer Icon - 1. What would cause this to happen so she doesn't repeat this problem?2. How can she fix this problem? She has Windows 10 and...
  5. Correct the icon for an Action Icon

Correct the icon for an Action Icon: I'm asking this question for a friend - Suddenly, all her Photoshop Elements Action .ATN files were replaced with the Internet Explorer Icon - 1. What would cause this to happen so she doesn't repeat this problem?2. How can she fix this problem? She has Windows 10 and...
  6. Help with Icons/Scaling issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Icons/Scaling issue?: [ATTACH] Started a new job at the company and now I have a Windows 10 computer. I'm not totally inept, but I run a Hackintosh at home and haven't been on a Windows system in some time. The computer that is assigned to me is an HP ZBook. Resolution is set to 1920 x 1080....
  7. Icon Images not scaling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon Images not scaling: I wanted to turn the size of my desktop icons larger, cause my desktop seemed a little small. But when I scale the icons to large, the images don't get larger, only the icon. A large white box appears around some of the icons and the pictures just stay small. It looks a...
  8. Program icons not scaling properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program icons not scaling properly: When using windows display scaling i persanaly use custom 133%, but the same applies to default values the icons on task bar is not scaled properly and there is a gap betwen icons and bottom of the screen, with makes harder to press them. It't been like that as long as i use...
  9. RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially

in Windows 10 Customization
    RemoteApp doesn't apply correct scaling initially: I have a large app for which we are waiting to configure DPI scaling. Currently, when we launch our app via RemoteApp (RDP,) the text and controls overlap. As a work around for our customers with high DPI displays, we found the best solution is to set...
  10. Correct improper scaling of a Program on a 4k TV?

Correct improper scaling of a Program on a 4k TV?: Hi, I'm running my Win 10 pc on a 70" 4K Vizio and I often find that certain programs do not scale properly when running them. Meaning that the program window is too squished to make it usable. Is there any trick to get these problematic programs to display on a 4K TV?...