Windows 10: Icons on taskbar smaller now?

Discus and support Icons on taskbar smaller now? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to work out how to get the below icons larger: *Wink) Any suggestions? Thanks! Andy 17534 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by youradds, Aug 18, 2015.

1. youradds Win User

Icons on taskbar smaller now?

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to get the below icons larger:

*Wink)

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Andy

:)

youradds, Aug 18, 2015
  2. bj13DR Win User

how can I make the icons on the taskbar at the bottom of my screen smaller?

how can I make the icons on the taskbar at the bottom of my screen smaller?

bj13DR, Aug 18, 2015
  3. W10 taskbar icons too small

Kiran:

I'm not sure why you don't understand what everyone is saying. The fact is that Windows 10, which I just upgraded to, made my taskbar icons much much smaller than Windows 7. The icons used to be about the size of the desktop icons, and as you can see from
    the screenshot Ian posted, they're now much smaller, like the others, my "Use small taskbar buttons" is NOT checked. When I check that, they go from very small to microscopic. Then unchecking it goes from microscopic to very small again - definitely not
    the size of the desktop icons like they used to be. Sure, I can increase the font size to 125% but then
    everything is made bigger, and the desktop icons are too big and the taskbar icons get bigger but they are not as big as they used to be in Windows 7 and they're still smaller than the desktop icons. Why can't we be able to make the taskbar icons
    only bigger, like they used to be??? Can we do that if we activate "God mode"?

MarkHayworth, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Icons on taskbar smaller now?

Right click the taskbar
    select "Properties"
    Uncheck "Use small taskbar buttons"
    Click "Apply"

Icons on taskbar smaller now? [​IMG]

Btw, your taskbar is extended so the icons aren't centered. You can drag the taskbar up and down by hovering over the top of the taskbar to get the double arrows, hold the left mouse button and drag.

fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015
  5. youradds Win User
    Aaah that was it - can't believe I missed that! Had loads of stuff I tweaked to try and fix another issue with the icons (where they were not "moving" over to the other screen, when moved - guess I must have got a bit over zealous with what I ticked *Biggrin)

Thanks!

youradds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Icons on taskbar smaller now?

1. Icons on taskbar smaller now? - Similar Threads - Icons taskbar smaller

2. smaller icons in taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smaller icons in taskbar windows 11: smaller icons in taskbar windows 11Also, create PAINT shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-icons-in-taskbar-windows-11/fa8bd10e-30fe-4bb3-af3d-1209ec4bed82
  3. smaller icons in taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smaller icons in taskbar windows 11: smaller icons in taskbar windows 11Also, create PAINT shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-icons-in-taskbar-windows-11/fa8bd10e-30fe-4bb3-af3d-1209ec4bed82
  4. What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?: I've just changed from Windows 10 after resisting it for some time to Windows 11. Where are the quick and easy ways to make the taskbar icons smaller and to lock/unlock taskbar? Improvements are suppose to be just that, not make things harder. I just want to fit the day of...
  5. What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened to the 'lock taskbar' and option to make taskbar icons smaller?: I've just changed from Windows 10 after resisting it for some time to Windows 11. Where are the quick and easy ways to make the taskbar icons smaller and to lock/unlock taskbar? Improvements are suppose to be just that, not make things harder. I just want to fit the day of...
  6. How do I make the Windows 10 taskbar icons, and the taskbar itself smaller? Be sure to read...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I make the Windows 10 taskbar icons, and the taskbar itself smaller? Be sure to read...: Hi, so I was wondering on how you could change the Taskbar in size. I've seen many monitors before, and I notice that the bigger they are, the smaller their taskbar gets. Example:, Big Monitor [ATTACH] Compaq s1922 My Monitor: [ATTACH]...
  7. Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?: [ATTACH] is there any way to set them as big as regular taskbar icons, or at least, to have them centered?what you are seeing in the gif is a shortcut (the lil hammer next to IT) present in the folder i have choosen, it is the only item in the folder, but if i add another...
  8. No Meet Now Icon in Taskbar Settings

No Meet Now Icon in Taskbar Settings: Currently on Insider Build 20236 (2010009-1631) and I tried out the new Meet Now feature a few days ago which worked fine. However the icon seems to have disappeared from the taskbar and I cannot find it in the Taskbar Settings as well. Is there any way that I can re-enable...
  9. Random Icons Turn Smaller

Random Icons Turn Smaller: [ATTACH] Many icons keep breaking and it is getting really irritating. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Killerbot528 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h8ljw9/random_icons_turn_smaller/
  10. Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...: Hello everyone, I do not know why it is like this but icon that are not the original that come with programs look much smaller on the taskbar and yes I am sure I download the icon at the maximum size 512 if I am not wrong and checked it on several computers here a...