Windows 10: Icons on the desktop under gadgets

Discus and support Icons on the desktop under gadgets in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I upgraded to Win 10 I just couldn't give up my gadgets so I use a gadget program called "8gadgetpak" now it works fine but I also find that if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BWalton, Jul 6, 2017.

1. BWalton Win User

Icons on the desktop under gadgets

When I upgraded to Win 10 I just couldn't give up my gadgets so I use a gadget program called "8gadgetpak" now it works fine but I also find that if I create a new file or copy a file to the desktop it invariably ends up behind one the the gadgets, its like Windows does not see the gadgets on the desktop, not a big deal but I was wondering if there a way to prevent this ?

Thanks
    All the Best
    Bill

:)

BWalton, Jul 6, 2017

2. windows 10 desktop icons dissapeared during a session

my windows 10 desktop icons disappeared, replaced with some gadgets

troublechuter, Jul 6, 2017
  3. MBTG_1946 Win User
    calendar on desktop?

I want to display the calendar on my desktop like in Windows 7, but I can't find the gadgets icon. How do I get to gadgets -- step by step?

MBTG_1946, Jul 6, 2017
  4. tcebob Win User

I haven't encountered this problem, maybe because I have Auto arrange icons and Align icons to grid turned off. I do find it convenient to hide less used gadgets behind others. Recommend Desktop Restore by Jamie O'Connell to keep icons in place. But it doesn't touch gadgets.

tcebob, Jul 7, 2017
  5. BWalton Win User
    Its a bit weird, its like the gadgets float on top of the desktop but really are not part of it, so any new file gets tucked under one of the gadgets that windows doesn't see.

Thanks for the reply
    All the Best
    Bill

BWalton, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons on the desktop under gadgets - Similar Threads - Icons desktop under

2. W10 desktop system gadgets,any?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 desktop system gadgets,any?: Hi guys. I want to monitor my PC system paramters like RAM,CPU freq/usage,GPU freq etc...via desktop gadget. I tried HWInfo gadget but it's gadget sucks. I have some old W7 system gadgets but I'm no sure if they are accurate with W10. I want it to run automatically when I...
  3. Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any replacement for win7 desktop gadgets?: I found it incredibly helpful to have my calendar available at a glance on the desktop. Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be a thing anymore. Are there any workarounds that provide the same functionality? submitted by /u/HobieSailor [link] [comments]...
  4. Desktop Gadgets turn ON/OFF (8gadgetpack)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Gadgets turn ON/OFF (8gadgetpack): Hello I have installed 8gadgetpack and I have question... is there any way how can I turn ON/OFF all gadgets on desktop at once with something like pressing one button ? EDIT: ok I found it pretty simple... 14875
  5. Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?

Change the icon of a gadget pinned to the taskbar?: Using Windows 10's Weather gadget as an example, it directly allows you to pin it to the Start Menu. But I wanted it pinned to the taskbar instead, so I managed to find the menu with all the gadges and was allowed from there to copy a shortcut to the desktop. So far so good....
  6. Desktop gadgets

Desktop gadgets: Hello, I have a quick question. My desktop gadgets disappeared after windows update. I've tried everything. What should I do, any suggestions? tnx 85116
  7. Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work

Windows 10 Desktop Gadgets - Weather Gadget won't Work: Hello, I am new to the forum, and I was wondering, why does the Weather gadget not work? I noticed on Windows 7 it doesn't work either. I recently downloaded "Desktop Gadgets" for Windows 10 like you would have in Windows 7. I do not know how to fix this. I like my...
  8. Desktop Gadgets?

Desktop Gadgets?: So I was poking through gpedit.msc looking for things to disable when I found: [img] I thought desktop gadgets were removed in Windows 8? To test it I enabled them, got my favorite .gadget. Nada. Is this for compatibility purposes or just another example of...
  9. Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?

Desktop Clock and Calendar "Gadgets"?: Is there any way to get a Desktop Clock and Calendar like the Windows 7 gadgets? The other gadget I miss is All CPU Meter, any thoughts? 9514
  10. Outlined text under desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlined text under desktop icons: Hi. The text under my desktop icons are "outlined" and very hard to read (see screenshot). Where can I change this setting? Thanks. [img] 95463