Windows 10: Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square

Discus and support Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an issue with Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 everything was fine but I have found that the icons pinned to the taskbar are the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gamekid88, Aug 4, 2015.

1. gamekid88 Win User

Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square

I have an issue with Windows 10. When I first installed Windows 10 everything was fine but I have found that the icons pinned to the taskbar are the correct icon but they are very small and inside a square. In my case its a blue square. Any way to get those icons back to the way I had them? I already deleted the iconcache.db file and rebooted. It did not work. Any other suggestions. The icons work fine and I can live with it but it would be nice to have the larger ones back.

:)

gamekid88, Aug 4, 2015

2. ID verification

Once I have logged in with my PIN, I am still getting a pop up saying "please re-enter your PIN so we can verify that it's really you." The popup displays a black and white set of small squares similar to the Microsoft logo. Is this a scam?

Donna&Gene, Aug 4, 2015
  3. NFM2014 Win User
    Windows 10 phone - Pinning web pages to Start

I've just upgraded my phone to W10. I have a lot of pinned web pages on my Start screen which I had reduced to the Small size in WP8.1. This worked fine as the tile showed a small version of the web page, enough to know which tile was which. However, after
    the W10 upgrade all the pinned pages just appear as blue squares, impossible to know which is which unless you increase the size of the tile so that it displays a name. I don't want to make these tiles larger. Is there a solution for this please? Thanks.

NFM2014, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square

1. Icons once they are pinned show small versions and a square - Similar Threads - Icons once are

2. Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details view in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Non-square images no longer show thumbnails in Small Icons or Details view in File Explorer: In some previous build (earlier builds of 1809 worked) I was able to see thumbnails for JPGs and PNGs at even the smallest icon sizes in File Explorer. Since I updated to the latest 1809, and then subsequently 1903, only perfectly square images show thumbnails. Non-square...
  3. Win 10 taskbar date showing as small square after spring creators upd

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 taskbar date showing as small square after spring creators upd: Hey all, new to this forum as a member. so hopefully i can contribute down the road. but looking for a little enlightenment as ive tried searching but have not been successful. have a client with 5 win 10 pro 64-bit boxes. all the same dell builds. staff says all upgraded...
  4. Thin blue square on icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thin blue square on icons: I removed the arrow from my desktop icons, but i see there is now a thin blue square around most icons. The blue line seems useless and clutters the icon. Does anyone know how to get rid of those blue lines? And why do they appear on some icons and not on others? 21967
  5. Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Small icons, but date still showing on taskbar: I don't want the date showing on my taskbar, so I put the icon size to small so only the time would show, but it's still showing the date as well. How do I get rid of it? Obviously there's a glitch somewhere, but I don't know where to begin. 87195
  6. Pinned icons disappear once I open them.

in Windows 10 Support
    Pinned icons disappear once I open them.: Hi I'm new to Win10 from win7. Sometimes I want to open more than one instance of something. E.g. a web browser, or wndows explorer. But when I open either of these from pinned shortcuts on the taskbar the icon disappears! This is not only annoying but completely...
  7. Square line in desktop icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Square line in desktop icons: Hello! I'm not sure if this is a bug or just an issue affect my PC, but every icon on my desktop has a square-shaped line on the bottom left. In the attached image, you can see Steam games, but it affects other shortcuts as well (I just tested with Word, for example). Is...
  8. Icons in the squares of Start menu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icons in the squares of Start menu: [img] Icons in some of the squares of start menu are missing. How to make them appear? 19148
  9. My programs are showing extremely small icons and text

in Windows 10 Support
    My programs are showing extremely small icons and text: I got a new laptop (ASUS q534ux) and noticed that some of my programs have extremely small text and icons. I am running Windows 10 version 10.0.14393. I've attached images on guitar pro 6 as an example - one of how it displays on my system and one of how it should look. This...
  10. Desktop icons with blank square

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons with blank square: Installed W10 8 days ago Today after a restart some of my desktop icons have a white square in front of them I made the view on large icons , normaly i use smal then only the white square is showing I tryed an icon-cache-rebuild without success Solved by restoring a...