Windows 10: Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back.

Discus and support Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For at least a couple of updates, Windows 10 has begun acting very, very strange with the Start Menu. Right now the issue is that pinned icons vanish... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mansen, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Mansen Win User

Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back.

For at least a couple of updates, Windows 10 has begun acting very, very strange with the Start Menu. Right now the issue is that pinned icons vanish and reappear seemingly at random (although always - if at all when I pin something new or unpin something existing)

They visually vanish as if I removed them while the start menu is open, leaving vacant tile spots in their place - and then reappearing later messing up the ordering completely. *Confused

Is this something anyone else is seeing? Any suggestions as to how to fix it - Or maybe coldstart the start menu somehow to reset it? *Shock

(This is at 3840x2160, 4K with 200% scaling enabled if that matters - Figured it might)

Example:
    Dropbox - win10iconsvanishing.jpg

:)

Mansen, Jun 21, 2015
  2. skaizun Win User

Desktop Icons (Windows 10)

I don't have the problem with the desktop icons,

but I cannot move the Start box icons without having them

jump lower or higher than where I wanted,

and, in one case, vanishing altogther when it got near the bottom edge of the box.

I had to re-pin it to get it back in the Start box.

skaizun, Jun 21, 2015
  3. srdvv Win User
    hallow ...please tel me how to get back the vanished contacts icon...

ust now some wrong pinning action happend by pressure and contacts icon vanished...how to get back it...pl provide the process

srdvv, Jun 21, 2015
  4. Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back.

Yep, Start is eccentric in 10.0.130 *Wink

Tiles vanish, resize, jump to a new position ... start won't open (go to settings, personalize, start and toggle the switches eventually start starts )

The tile issue settles down once the start menu is fully populated and you're not making many changes ... size, pin-tos, groups, etc. (settles down = happens less frequently)

You're not alone.

Slartybart, Jun 21, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    In the leaked build(10147) the start menu works just fine and all of the issues have been addressed

BunnyJ, Jun 21, 2015
  6. Mansen Win User
    Sounds promising. *Smile

Mansen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back.

1. Icons pinned to start keep vanishing and coming back. - Similar Threads - Icons pinned start

2. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  3. OneDrive Keeps coming back!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive Keeps coming back!: I want OneDrive COMPLETELY off my system. I didn't even realize my documents and desktop were being uploaded to the cloud, completly unnacceptable!This is a fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro.I have uninstalled it and deleted the folder from c:\users\my name\ however it...
  4. Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back: I have done everything in the topic "Drop shadow for desktop icon text font keeps coming back" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drop-shadow-for-desktop-icon-text-font-keeps/484f0cb2-f87e-41e1-a37f-a01735e25e6c, including setting every drop shadow setting...
  5. Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back: Hi,I installed Windows 11, and I disabled the drop shadow of desktop icons in Advanced / Performance dialog box. But, when I drag a window all the way to the left or to the right to tile vertically two windows, the drop shadow comes back.How can I disable for good the shadow...
  6. Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Desktop Icons Drop Shadow keeps coming back: Hi,I installed Windows 11, and I disabled the drop shadow of desktop icons in Advanced / Performance dialog box. But, when I drag a window all the way to the left or to the right to tile vertically two windows, the drop shadow comes back.How can I disable for good the shadow...
  7. Sound icon disappears and does not come come back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound icon disappears and does not come come back: It seems there is space the task bar for a icon, but it isn't there. network icon hides when volume icon is off. I tried restart several times, no luck....
  8. Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Access Desktop Icon keeps coming back: As in the title already mentioned, the desktop icon from Qucik Access constantly keeps coming back. I already followed the regestry changes which every guide points out, but sometimes if I restart the explorer in the task manager or start a game the desktop icon keeps coming...
  9. This keeps coming back...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This keeps coming back...: So not that long ago when I started my laptop there came a message: “scanning and repairing drive C”. I was like okay no worries but every time I restart or something it comes back. I tried to check the drive manually I tried to skip the scanning but nothing seems to work....
  10. Malware keeps coming back

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware keeps coming back: This softonic PUP is coming back after few restarts of the system. How can i completely delete it? [img] 144542

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gpo tiles keep coming back on

2. unpin tile in start keeps coming back