Windows 10: Icons stretched off screen on left side.

Discus and support Icons stretched off screen on left side. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So quite frequently I will come out of a game and all of my shortcuts will be stretched all the way down the screen on the left column. It looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Deathbyhamster, Jun 29, 2017.

1. Icons stretched off screen on left side.

So quite frequently I will come out of a game and all of my shortcuts will be stretched all the way down the screen on the left column. It looks like all of the icons are crammed into a single column on the left side. I know it is all of them because part of one of the shortcuts will be cut in half as it leaves the screen It doesn't have to be a full screen game either. I'll just come out of chrome and my icons will be super messed up. I am able to fix it but it happens so often and it takes so long to fix and it gets super annoying. There are also 2 icons that are towards the middle of the screen that I left there recently that weren't stretched out. I have no idea how to fix this. I looked around and found nothing. Please help. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Take note that i did not move the two icons in the middle as they were left alone for some reason by the "glitch". Thank you.

Icons stretched off screen on left side. [​IMG]

:)

Deathbyhamster, Jun 29, 2017

2. Film and tv app

Doesn't matter what format I use the right hand side of the screen displays stretched. The left side is fine.

Amber&Boof, Jun 29, 2017
  3. Desktop icons rearranging themselves upon reboot (windows 10)

I have a problem with the icons on my windows 10 computer. I would arrange some programs on the right side of the screen and all other programs on the left side of the screen, after logging off and going back on again, the icons are still alright, but
    when the computer is restarted, most of the icons will be moved to the left of the screen, with only a few left arranged in the wrong order on the right side of the screen

Fa wrenchong, Jun 29, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

Icons stretched off screen on left side.

Try to align the icons to grid. Open your program again and exit it.

pepanee, Jun 29, 2017
  5. It is actually my preferred setting to auto align the icons. The problem is there is a big gap on the borders of the screen where I cannot place them for some reason. The result is an extremely ugly layout and an uneffecient use of space. Those two reasons prevents me from autoaligning the shortcuts. If there is a fix for that it looks like it will also fix my original issue. Is there a fix for this? Thank you.

Deathbyhamster, Jun 29, 2017
  6. pepanee Win User
    The closest thing I can think of doing is trying to adjust the spacing between the icons on the Desktop. Have you heard of/tried that at all?

pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons stretched off screen on left side.

1. Icons stretched off screen on left side. - Similar Threads - Icons stretched off

2. the red power off option in the left bottom side of the screen is not operatng

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the red power off option in the left bottom side of the screen is not operatng: the red windows shut down option on the left lower corner is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-red-power-off-option-in-the-left-bottom-side/62fc62b3-fca3-42eb-b154-8cb1622e9473
  3. Screens off to side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screens off to side: After windows update, icons were moved from bottom of screen to left side. Now, tab screens are shifted too far to the right and portions of screen are not visib and cannot be used ie up-down scroll feature. How do I fix this? Thanks, Eric...
  4. Screens off to side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screens off to side: After windows update, icons were moved from bottom of screen to left side. Now, tab screens are shifted too far to the right and portions of screen are not visib and cannot be used ie up-down scroll feature. How do I fix this? Thanks, Eric...
  5. This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC icon pinned to the left side of the desktop: This PC icon is pinned on the left side primarily the upper corner but if the place is taken by other apps it will simply go downwards of my desktop. I am able to move it and replace it but the second I refresh or restart my laptop it goes back. It is the only icon that does...
  6. Taskbar going off the left side of my screen

Taskbar going off the left side of my screen: I just got my PC yesterday and as soon as I load it up after setting it up the taskbar is going off the screen. It's at max resolution so it fits my monitor but then it's still going off the side....
  7. Screen cuts off wording on left side

Screen cuts off wording on left side: When I go to AOl mail, the screen does not open fully on left side with large unneeded area on right-how do I correct this? thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-cuts-off-wording-on-left-side/b1cf2d1c-2365-468d-99b9-d11e71674200
  8. The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.

The left side of my screen is off of the monitor.: I cannot see the left side of my screen, it extends beyond my monitor. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-left-side-of-my-screen-is-off-of-the-monitor/ec983493-090d-4257-ae00-4da2ecb3d025
  9. dispaly shifting to the left so left side is cut off

dispaly shifting to the left so left side is cut off: How do I get my display back in the center of the screen? It is gradually shifting to the left. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dispaly-shifting-to-the-left-so-left-side-is-cut/a5b3e9e3-dac9-4eb2-b534-0d8c0ba148d4
  10. screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen

in Windows 10 Support
    screen icons scrambled to random sort on left side of screen: I just did a normal restart of Windows 10 Pro 64, FCU, and all my screen icons were arranged in some random order on the left side of the screen, with each column of icons going from the top to the bottom of the window. I have had this same problem before, but usually when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. icons cut off left hand side win10

2. icons off screen to left

3. icons stretched off screen on left side

4. desktop icons have stretched out into left side and top off screen