Windows 10: Icons Turn Blank Until Renaming

Discus and support Icons Turn Blank Until Renaming in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this issue on occasion with various .exe files. Sometimes after installing a program an exe's icon will turn into a blank page. The only way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ryley2637, May 14, 2016.

1. ryley2637 Win User

Icons Turn Blank Until Renaming

I have this issue on occasion with various .exe files. Sometimes after installing a program an exe's icon will turn into a blank page. The only way to get it's icon to return is to rename the file and the icon will return. Has anyone figured out how to stop this from happening or fix the exe's?

:)

ryley2637, May 14, 2016

2. Windows 10 updater stuck at 45%

I too am having the same result of the renaming of the root file being denied. So I just left the update service turned off until there is a solution to this issue. I will check back to see if any progress of this issue. Frustrating, as each time
    the update happens it gets stuck at 45% with a blank screen for hours. Then have to power down and wait for the update to return to previous windows..... Ugh !!!!!

RichardPickernell, May 14, 2016
  3. JC9841 Win User
    windows 10 boot up with Windows icon then blank screen

Ok, I upgraded to windows 10 earlier this year, February 2016.

I have Samsung laptop, has been working perfectly until May 26. Locked up, turned off to reboot, now I get the small Windows icon center of blue screen with circular waiting symbol, after two minutes I get a 'windows failure to sign in, followed by the blank
    screen, I up plugged it and ran battery dead, tried to turn on this morning and again the icon waiting and the blank screen I do not get a chance to get safety mode,help

JC9841, May 14, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

You need to rebuild the icon Cache, along with run sfc /scannow and run Dism to fix any other issues. Usually happens after MSI is running and the installer is handing the operation back to Explorer.exe.

bro67, May 14, 2016
Thema:

1. Icons Turn Blank Until Renaming - Similar Threads - Icons Turn Blank

2. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....
  3. Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop chrome shortcut icons turned into blank papers!!!: My pc ran well since I bought it. All the desktop icons stood the same until I installed the torrent app. Along with it an external antivirus app has been installed as well. I didn't notice it until it appeared in the chrome extensions. The app was RAV endpoint protection....
  4. Most of the app icon from Window are dead turn blank

Most of the app icon from Window are dead turn blank: Most of the apps or software from Window turn blank please refer to the photo belowPlease help and thanks for your help in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/most-of-the-app-icon-from-window-are-dead-turn/0b2e0fa1-2f4b-4f56-a760-870e87389bb7
  5. My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank: Please my DVD Drive Icon has turned blank for about a month now, I have tried some of the methods posted above to change it, but none of them works. I'm using HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF with windows 10, but I started using the windows 11 insider preview for about 10 days now. The...
  6. My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank

My DVD Drive Icon has turned Blank: Please my DVD Drive Icon has turned blank for about a month now, I have tried some of the methods posted above to change it, but none of them works. I'm using HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF with windows 10, but I started using the windows 11 insider preview for about 10 days now. The...
  7. blank icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blank icons: several icons turned white and wouldn't open their content. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blank-icons/8d8816a6-b821-4cba-97bb-b7559c225e3a
  8. WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN 10 desktop icons lost or turned blank: Suddenly several desktop icons for programs that I installed disappeared or their picture turned to a white rectangle. How do I fix this? Thanks Mark Markett...
  9. Icons blank

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons blank: Hello, This started happening after about 10 months of using Windows 10. When I click on the start menu, some icons populate and some are blank. If I hover over them, I get a dialog box of what each icon is for. Any suggestions on how to stop this? Thank you [img] 124259
  10. Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar previews turn into blank icons after a while: I bought a new Asus laptop that came with Endless OS. I removed that & installed Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. This laptop came with a driver CD for Windows & I installed all drivers within it. Ever since I started using Windows on this laptop, my taskbar previews...