Windows 10: Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access

Discus and support Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi folks. I'm a longtime Windows user (since 3.1) and decided to get into a forum again. I have an odd problem: The icons in the Quick Access folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andacar, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Andacar Win User

Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access

Hi folks. I'm a longtime Windows user (since 3.1) and decided to get into a forum again. I have an odd problem:

The icons in the Quick Access folder keep reverting back to the Tiles setting no matter how many times I change them to a larger size. I can set them either with the menu at the top of the window or with CTRL Mouse wheel. But if I click away to another folder and then go back, they have returned to Tile size again.

I've tried unpinning and then repinning the folders. I tried moving them to another location temporarily. I tried clearing %APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations. None of it has worked.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Andacar, Jul 29, 2018

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 29, 2018
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jul 29, 2018
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons Won't Stay the Same Size in Quick Access - Similar Threads - Icons Won't Stay

2. Icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Icon size doesnt stay the same: Hey all, as the title says, the size of the icons on my desktop folders change constantly.. Id do control+scroll to change the size, reenter the folder it it will be on details. I'll change it from the menu to like view->large icons, reenter and it will be on details. I...
  3. Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icon size doesnt stay the same in folder: Any fixes? It just started happen a few days ago. Suddenly the folder retains the size of icons inside only until i exit and reenter the folder. Currently on Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2. Did some scanf/now and disk repair commands, none found any problems,...
  4. Folder icon size doesnt stay the same

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder icon size doesnt stay the same: On 20H2, suddenly when i change the size on items in any foldercontrol + scroll or right click+view they stay like i want for a few secs/minute and as soon as i reenter the folder they are back to Details. Any fixes? i want a custom size in many folders with control+scroll....
  5. Folder icon size doesnt stay the same

Folder icon size doesnt stay the same: On 20H2, suddenly when i change the size on items in any folder(control + scroll or right click+view) they stay like i want for a few secs/minute and as soon as i reenter the folder they are back to Details. Any fixes? i want a custom size in many folders with...
  6. Quick access icons

Quick access icons: [ATTACH] Is there a way of having the same icons for the files like download, music, etc on my SSD (since it's where windows is instaled) on the same files that I created on my HDD? I'm searching but can't find them, and when I find identical ones they don't change on the...
  7. Window won't stay the same size

Window won't stay the same size: I noticed this with Firefox, but it appears to happen with all windows, so I'm assuming it's a Win 10 thing. I have my browser set so it's not full screen. I adjust the left and bottom edges so they are at the very edge of the screen. However, when I close and open the...
  8. Resizing "Quick Access Toolbar" both Icon and Font Size

Resizing "Quick Access Toolbar" both Icon and Font Size: I've read other posts about similar items but what I've read is Win-10 has no way of changing size of "Toolbars". I know this to be a FARCE because it was setup to be "X" size in the first place. So... my question is, where in the Registry do I change this? FM A 'Screen...
  9. Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access

Icons will not stay pinned to Quick Access: I am using Windows 10 10.0.18363 Build 18363 on a new computer that has a SSD where I have installed my programs - C and a HDD D where I store my data. I have pinned two folders Documents and a folder that is within Dropbox that syncs to my HDD to my Quick Access menu. They...
  10. Desktop Icons won't stay in same place

Desktop Icons won't stay in same place: I have to constantly rearrange my desktop icons to there original places, is there a setting to stop this???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-wont-stay-in-same-place/6f98e6b2-53f2-456e-889f-5446bfda110e