Windows 10: Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them

Discus and support Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Will post links to pictures underneath of issue but basically icons started looking weird today on the action centre and the windows bit in the left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Racso, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Racso Win User

Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them

Will post links to pictures underneath of issue but basically icons started looking weird today on the action centre and the windows bit in the left bottom corner. When I put mouse over them they go back to normal but then weird again. Any help?
    Thanks

:)

Racso, Feb 21, 2018
  2. maxpolk Win User

Windows 10 - Action Center Won't Open

Unsure if this is your problem, but I discovered the problem.

When you hover over something in the system tray, a tiny little popup window appears with a tiny bit of text explaining what that icon is. This tiny little text popup appears above the system tray icon, so that it doesn't interfere with
    a mouse click on the icon.

However, when you hover over the action center icon in the system tray, that tiny popup window appears squarely planted directly on top of the icon you intend to press. This text box sometimes say "No new notifications", or something else.
    Since it appears where your mouse is hovering, it captures the mouse click, and the action center never receives the mouse click. This prevents action center from ever starting, no matter how often you try.

I discovered, the only way to start action center is waiting for the little popup window to disappear, and then click. Only then will action center start.

Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them [​IMG]

The solution is to move the tiny text popup above the icon so it doesn't interfere with the mouse click. See image of speaker hover (popup saying "Speakers: 78%" is above icon and is correct) and action center hover (popup saying "No new
    notifications" is on top of icon and interferes).

maxpolk, Feb 21, 2018
  3. Mouse Pointer Disappears When Hovering over Documents on a Surface Pro 4 Windows 10 Pro

I have a Logitech Wireless mouse connected to my Surface Pro 4 running Windows 10 Pro. I can see the mouse on the desktop and hovering over icons but in apps such as MS Word and Excel the mouse pointer disappears when hovering over the body of the document.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

TerrianBurton, Feb 21, 2018
  4. CountMike New Member

Hi Racso, welcome to forum, I'm afraid your links don't work but you can post pictures right in your post, no need for outside links.

CountMike, Feb 22, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    By the painfully slow process of copying the urls and pasting them into a browser I've seen @Racso's images. They show some (but not all) corrupt text on both the Start menu and when clicking on notifications in the taskbar. Hopefully racso will be able to post them here for all to see.

How to Upload and Post Screenshots and Files at Ten Forums

Bree, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Icons wrong/text disappears until I hover mouse over them - Similar Threads - Icons wrong text

2. Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help. These Icons keep appearing and if I hover over them with my mouse they dissappear....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/CollectionHelpful205 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1bnkh0t/help_these_icons_keep_appearing_and_if_i_hover/
  3. When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears Garmin Basecamp Database: Setup: Lenovo E14 Win11, running for 1,2weeks after purchaseGarmin Basecamp was working for this time properlySuddenly without a special event / correlation when hovering the cursor over text, the text disappears in Basecamp databaseWhen switching to another task and back to...
  4. Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop.: The text goes black when I hover my mouse over an icon on my desktop not only that when I go into file explorer and look at files it only shows the picture of the files but no text beside it. Please HELP....
  5. Clickable Text Links Disappear When Mouse Hover

Clickable Text Links Disappear When Mouse Hover: This is not an issue with just one pc. It's all of them. Before: [ATTACH] After: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clickable-text-links-disappear-when-mouse-hover/ccd25c58-d7bf-4af9-9f39-c491f1292bcd
  6. Hover over icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hover over icon: [ATTACH] How do i stop this from happening everytime i drag the mouse over an icon? It even stays like that even if im not hovering over it, i need to click for it to disipear....
  7. Tabs disappear when i hover over them

Tabs disappear when i hover over them: When i move my mouse or use the touchpad and move the cursor over a window like powerpoint it immideatly shrinks. To work around this i have to make sure that only the application i want to use is open and i cant have multiple ones open at the same time. How do i fix this?...
  8. Taskbar Icons Disappear Until Hover

Taskbar Icons Disappear Until Hover: Hi, When I click the show system tray button, internet or volume button on the taskbar, all icons in the taskbar except the Start, Cortana and cascade view buttons disappear. They only reappear when I hover over where the icons should be. Does anyone know why this could be...
  9. Blurred text on some programs/apps until hovered over

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blurred text on some programs/apps until hovered over: I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher. Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes...
  10. Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text on some programs/apps until hovered over: I am in need of some help, since a few months ago, I have been having a problem and it is affecting multiple programs like Sony Vegas and Minecraft Launcher. Some of the text in some programs is getting blurred and when I hover over them, it temporarily fixes it, but goes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get text from an icon after hovering the mosue over it

2. text on screen missing but appears when mouse hovers

3. move the cursor or hover over icons and they will display

4. telerik:radlinkbutton icon disappears on hover,
  5. windows graphics disappearing text on hover