Windows 10: Icons

Discus and support Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has the large icon on task-bar been sorted. 77406 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boskey, Feb 15, 2017.

1. boskey Win User

Icons

Has the large icon on task-bar been sorted.

:)

boskey, Feb 15, 2017

2. 5800: program icon gone (not moved..)

since i accidentally deleted files in the private folder, i can no longer open programmes installed on the memory card: their icons are gone (not moved, but disappeared)!

How can i open program without icon? Program IS installed, PCsuite detects it.

How can i get back the icons?

icons---01, Feb 15, 2017
  3. program icons gone

i accidentally deleted my "private" folder on my 5800. Now the icons for google maps and alternate reader are gone. PCSuite shows them as installed and i can see the program files while connected to the pc. The symbols are not just moved, i checked. I
    also restarted the phone and used the *#7370# trick. Pls help, i need these programs...

icons---01, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Icons

Say what? Need more info than that.

alphanumeric, Feb 15, 2017
  5. boskey Win User
    You have a task bar weather it is at the top,side or bottom you have little pictures on this task bar they are called icons , i would like them bigger has this issue been sorted.

boskey, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 15, 2017
  7. boskey Win User
    so it hasn't been sorted then.

boskey, Feb 15, 2017
  8. Icons

How big do you want them? Large Icons on the taskbar has been an option for a long time now.

9. boskey Win User
    ( S ) They are as large as the s you can see windows 7/8 were larger .

boskey, Feb 15, 2017
  10. If you say so, I don't recall them being any bigger but my memories not always what it should be. I don't find the current size to be an issue.

11. boskey Win User
    I have my wife's computer not 3 feet away and she is on W7 her icons are twice the size, I presume you have'nt had a computer long.

boskey, Feb 15, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Let's not get snide about this shall we.

I suspect the difference you see between the computers are due to the DPI and screen resolution set on them.

I would recommend to set your DPI in Windows 10 to say 125% for a slightly larger size without everything else getting too large.

Brink, Feb 15, 2017
  13. Icons

You presume wrong. I've been using Windows since Windows 3.1. Icon size comparison in that case is only relevant if both monitors are the same size, using the same resolution, and not in ZOOM mode. I apologize if my remarks offended you in any way. That was not my intension.

14. Bree New Member
    Not true.

These are the taskbars from W7 and W10, everything else is the same (exactly the same PC, same icons, same screen resolution). The Taskbar is 40 pixels tall in W7, 38 pixels in W10. The two extra lines of pixels in W7 are for the 'bevelled edge' effect, so the available area of the taskbar is the same in W7 and W10. The icon are a little larger in W7 than W10, but not twice the size. The Excel icon is 32 pixels tall in W7, 24 pixels in W10. Not a big difference, and it does allow space for more icons on the taskbar in W10.

Icons [​IMG]

15. This may not be the best solution especially if you are already using an alternate start button/menu, or like the default start menu, but StartIsBack has an option to allow just this. You can get it here if you want to try it.

StartIsBack: real start menu for Windows 8 and Windows 10

Icons [​IMG]

Bobby Phoenix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Icons

1. Icons - Similar Threads - Icons

2. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  3. Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Just deleted a bunch of useless files in my downloads folder and now the some of my icons...: Just recently, I took the time to declutter my downloads folder by deleting a bunch of unnecessary files. However, it seems that as a consequence, some of my icons’ textures have gone missing. Now I’m wondering what steps I should take to address this issue....
  4. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  5. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.: The icon on my laptop and browser keep refreshing without me issuing any command. Should i do to resolve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-icon-on-my-desktop-and-browse-keep-refreshing/a5dc16cb-2314-443a-9b27-e95bdb8c1755
  6. The icon on my desktop and browse keep refreshing.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  8. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder: I have developed a program with installer. The program is installed in the programs folder. The program has also a link in the menu start. However the icon is empty:When I start the program from menu the icon the icon on the taskbar is also emptyWhen I start the program...
  9. Taskbar menu start icon empty when program is started from programs folder

10. my icons are completely messed up

my icons are completely messed up: my icons are completely messed up and the spacing is making it impossible to see or organize as they are taking way too much space and instead of being able to have multiple icons in the same row, I get to have only 3...