Windows 10: I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.

Discus and support I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand. I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by klepp0906, Jun 29, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.

Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand.

I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This creates a user folder with the name klepp for whatever reason. My username as per here ^ is .

I’m trying to determine what Microsoft creates that folder name based on?

Trying to ascertain 1) how to change that username folder to match and 2) find out if it’s possible for Microsoft to create the username for my profile instead of klepp.

Is this something saved in the cloud and associated with my Microsoft account? If so can I change it?

Or does Microsoft try to use the prefix of your email but omit numbers for whatever reason? (If this is the case, I can live with it much easier)

Case you can’t tell I’m a bit ocd I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username. :)

:)

klepp0906, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 29, 2018
  3. User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username. - Similar Threads - I’d user folder

2. I’d like to add emojis.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I’d like to add emojis.: I’d like to add emojis. Please help me because I don’t know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-add-emojis/05d81c76-a352-4de5-b666-03dd7f03985f
  3. Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete: Hi, I just bought Microsoft Surface pro 6 and wanted to do some partition. I was changing location of a few files and at the end of it, I see there are 4 music folders created in my d: and I can not delete, rename and combine them in one. I am not a very technical person. I...
  4. Change user name and user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  5. Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...

Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...: What is the difference (content) between the folders Documents, Pictures, etc. in c:\Users\[username] and same named folders under c:\Users\[username]\OneDrive? Why aren't the contents the same?...
  6. The name of my User folder is misspelled.

The name of my User folder is misspelled.: I recently had to get my hard drive replaced, and the computer repair guy misspelled my name on the User drive. It's not detrimental to anything, but it's really annoying. How do I change this? Or, how do I make a new account, and will I need to put all of my files and...
  7. User folder name.

User folder name.: The folder name under 'C' users has missing characters. It isn't spelt that way anywhere else, be it in the MS account or the local one. Can I edit the name without wrecking my PC apart?! Also, it happens to be the only account on the PC. I don't understand the complexity MS...
  8. I have somehow dropped my user folder into my Documents folder!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have somehow dropped my user folder into my Documents folder!!: Or the other way round to be honest I can't get my head around it.*Sick The upshot is that I don't have a c:\users\mike folder any more its now the c:\users\Documents folder ! but...... it's not! if I open a cmd prompt in the folder it says it's the c:\users\mike folder...
  9. Changing my USERS folder name

Changing my USERS folder name: Windows 10 currently on the Fall Creators update. When I got my new notebook, I was having a problem with the Windows Store. A Microsoft tech determined that my user profile was messed up, added a new account, and deleted the problematic one. all was good. The problem...
  10. User folder name...

User folder name...: I've re-installed Win10 Home via the media creation tool. Everything is where it should be and my account is working just fine. But... For some reason my personal folder under C:/Users is named after the first five letters of my Email instead of my real first name, which is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders that have the same name in microsoft

2. press windows key r then type netplwiz.under users for this computer double click on your user account.change the user name then click on apply.click ok.restart the pc.