Windows 10: I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.

Discus and support I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand. I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by klepp0906, Jun 29, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username.

Ok here is my dilemma. It may not be a dilemma at all so I’m looking to understand.

I usually sign in with my Microsoft account on all PCs. This creates a user folder with the name klepp for whatever reason. My username as per here ^ is .

I’m trying to determine what Microsoft creates that folder name based on?

Trying to ascertain 1) how to change that username folder to match and 2) find out if it’s possible for Microsoft to create the username for my profile instead of klepp.

Is this something saved in the cloud and associated with my Microsoft account? If so can I change it?

Or does Microsoft try to use the prefix of your email but omit numbers for whatever reason? (If this is the case, I can live with it much easier)

Case you can’t tell I’m a bit ocd I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username. :)

:)

klepp0906, Jun 29, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    • Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    • Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code: net user test /del[/quote]

Vesao, Jun 29, 2018
  3. User Account Folder Name

Hi,

Kindly perform the following steps to change your Windows 10 User Account Name.

• Press windows key + R, then type netplwiz.
    • Under Users for this computer, double click on your user account.
    • Change the user name then click on Apply.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart the PC.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerdimae Sal, Jun 29, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Query about changing the User Accounts name

Hi Jerry,

Perform the steps mentioned below to change the user account name.

• Sign in to the Your info page on the Microsoft account website.

• Under your name, select Edit name.
      If there’s no name listed yet, select Add name.
    • Edit or add the name you want, then choose Save.
      Your Microsoft account name will start to appear or change everywhere you use it.

Please revert if you still cannot change the user account name.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 29, 2018
Thema:

1. I’d like my user folder to have the same name as my username. - Similar Threads - I’d user folder

2. my username isn't the same as in the users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my username isn't the same as in the users folder: i got a laptop with windows 11 on it, and i name the account it the same as my username on this website and i look at the name on the user folder and it said 'Minec" i didn't type Minec but i am trying to install minecraft so it reminds me every time i look at it[Minec]raft...
  3. my username isn't the same as in the users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my username isn't the same as in the users folder: i got a laptop with windows 11 on it, and i name the account it the same as my username on this website and i look at the name on the user folder and it said 'Minec" i didn't type Minec but i am trying to install minecraft so it reminds me every time i look at it[Minec]raft...
  4. Username in the Users Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Username in the Users Folder: Hi,I recently deleted my account from my laptop and logged in again using the Family section in Family and Other Users page in settings I removed it by running the netplwiz command. Now when I login, there is a new folder and it is not the same username as before the previous...
  5. User folder not showing my name!!!!!!

User folder not showing my name!!!!!!: hi, thank you for showing interest in my questionMy concern is, in user folder in my pc under c drive is not showing my nameex- Downloads folder is having path - C\user\jagce\desktopbut while I check user folder in c drive its showing folder naming desktop & public...
  6. "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>"

"C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>": "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\<File Folder name>" refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the Internet or your network, and...
  7. Making Windows 10 User Folder name the same as 365 username, rather than staff member name.

Making Windows 10 User Folder name the same as 365 username, rather than staff member name.: Hi there, I am setting up a new accounts computer and I have used our "Accounts" 365 user account as the login name. Our payroll software is currently searching for data in a file directory that has "Accounts" as the user, however Windows 10 seems to have named the folder...
  8. The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same.: [ATTACH] The name of my account and the name of my User folder aren't the same and I can't figure out a way to make them the same. On my old computer they were the same and I set everything up the same way as the old computer. Does anyone know how to fix this issue?...
  9. Win10 named my user folder "mailf" despite my username being different

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 named my user folder "mailf" despite my username being different: I'm running Win10 on a Dell Inspiron 15 3000. I managed to change my username to what I wanted but the name on the user folder where my data is stored is still "mailf". That name keeps being used, by the system, in various places -- e.g. Acrobat Reader puts that name on...
  10. Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...

Document, Picutures, etc Folders under C:\User\{username} vs Same named folders under...: What is the difference (content) between the folders Documents, Pictures, etc. in c:\Users\[username] and same named folders under c:\Users\[username]\OneDrive? Why aren't the contents the same?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. folders that have the same name in microsoft

2. press windows key r then type netplwiz.under users for this computer double click on your user account.change the user name then click on apply.click ok.restart the pc.