Windows 10: I'd like to disable ALL the eye candy and go back to Windows 95 looks

Discus and support I'd like to disable ALL the eye candy and go back to Windows 95 looks in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For reasons of personal preference I'd like to go back to dat nostalgic nineties' look. I'm talking no aero, no transparency, no nothin'. Like this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IronMew, Jul 30, 2017.

1. IronMew Win User

I'd like to disable ALL the eye candy and go back to Windows 95 looks

For reasons of personal preference I'd like to go back to dat nostalgic nineties' look. I'm talking no aero, no transparency, no nothin'. Like this:

I'd like to disable ALL the eye candy and go back to Windows 95 looks [​IMG]

In Windows 7 this was doable by selecting the classic theme or disabling the themes service, and in Windows 8 by installing an application that tweaked the shell.

Is there any way at all to do this in Windows 10? I don't care how hacky or unauthorised, I just want all the eye candy gone forever.

:)

IronMew, Jul 30, 2017
  2. Goke 007 Win User

Customers hate the WP7 UI so why doesnt MS revise it ?

Well, all I can say is that I didn't buy a WP7 because of the UI.

I don't like it, it looks ugly to me.

I don't like the tiles with solid colors and the ugly icons without any eye candy.

Goke 007, Jul 30, 2017
  3. Question about the look & feel of Win 10

Microsoft;

I'm used to Win 95 ,98 ,XP ,& 7 in classic mode. With some effort Win 8 can be made to look & feel like the versions of windows I just listed. Will Win 10 be able to be put in a similar look & feel mode ? Win 8 try's to be a tablet & a desktop OS with
    out any "toggle" to switch between them. Is Win 10 going to try the same ? And if so will you ever make another OS like Win 95,98,XP, & 7 for programmers & others who don't want the visual "eye candy" but a straight forward business like OS ?

This is why I resisted Win 8 for so long until I bought a tablet (where Win 8 belongs).

Thank you for any of your time in answering this.

Vincent

Vince Rohrig, Jul 30, 2017
  4. f14tomcat Win User

That would be very very tricky to do, if at all possible. MS has Win 10 way down the path it's on, and charging forward. If you're determined to have that look, you may have to go back to Win 8, and stay there. Maybe somebody else knows how to strip 10 back to a 8 or 7 look totally, but not me. Sorry......

f14tomcat, Jul 30, 2017
  5. fireberd Win User
    fireberd, Jul 30, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    A problem in 'going back' to some things also hinges on the edition of Windows you have, whether 32-bit or 64-bit. Windows XP Pro was the first to have a choice of 32-bit or 64-bit depending upon the hardware to be installed on. WinXP Pro 64-bit wasn't widespread as there wasn't many 64-bit software programs available although it could run 32-bit programs just as any version of Windows since then can. WindowsME/98SE/98/95 were 32-bit with support for 16-bit such as Windows 3.xx which preceded Win95.

Berton, Jul 30, 2017
  7. nt62 Win User
    If you don't want eye candy,
    just unpin everything.

If you don't want ANY apps, Microsoft has a few systems.

Microsoft offers several systems that have no eye candy.
    These systems have NO STORE - no EDGE - NO (store) apps - etc...

There are many users that might never buy an operating system and continue with the insider until it expires.
    You could buy an operating system.
    Evaluate (trial versions) first.

Windows 10 Enterprise (select LTSB)
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...-10-enterprise

Server 2016
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...ws-server-2016

8. Callender Win User

Start by running sysdm.cpl then on the advanced tab > performance > visual effects - adjust for best appearance.

Callender, Jul 30, 2017
  9. TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2017
  10. bluemoon4ever, Aug 1, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    @bluemoon4ever I tried that Win 98 theme in a VM. Here are some screen shots.

f14tomcat, Aug 1, 2017
  12. bluemoon4ever, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. I'd like to disable ALL the eye candy and go back to Windows 95 looks - Similar Threads - I'd disable eye

2. Taskbar is automatically hiding, I'd like it have it not hiding at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar is automatically hiding, I'd like it have it not hiding at all: I own an up-to-date Windows 10 OS on a Dell Inspiron 14. I'd like to have my taskbar showing at all times since flashing app notifications recently stopped working as intended for some reason, up until recently it had unhid my taskbar whenever I got a notification to let me...
  3. Taskbar is automatically hiding, I'd like it have it not hiding at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar is automatically hiding, I'd like it have it not hiding at all: I own an up-to-date Windows 10 OS on a Dell Inspiron 14. I'd like to have my taskbar showing at all times since flashing app notifications recently stopped working as intended for some reason, up until recently it had unhid my taskbar whenever I got a notification to let me...
  4. Not all items I'd like to pin to the taskbar, can be pinned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not all items I'd like to pin to the taskbar, can be pinned.: I've recently installed Windows 11 and I was used to using a Quick Launch bar. In Windows 11, this is not possible, so I thought to pin to the taskbar all the items I had in my Quick Launch bar. However, nearly half 11 out of 24 of the items I'd like to pin to the taskbar,...
  5. Looking back - The 25th Anniversary of Windows 95

in Windows 10 News
    Looking back - The 25th Anniversary of Windows 95: Windows 95 was launched on August 24, 1995, introducing us to many of the experiences our customers still use to interact with their PCs today such as the Start menu and Taskbar. Over the past 25 years, we have evolved these experiences, building on this rich history of...
  6. I'd like to know

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I'd like to know: Why Microsoft feels they have a right to lock my computer and not allow me access because I had to hard-power down a few times, after my system locked up? I paid for the computer, not Bill Gates. So unless Microsoft wants to reimburse me for the cost of my laptop $1800,...
  7. Does someone know about a good Windows 95 theme for Win 10 that actually looks like Win 95?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does someone know about a good Windows 95 theme for Win 10 that actually looks like Win 95?: If there isnt any theme is there a program or something to make it look like a true Windows 95? I've seen some themes but they all mess up with the internet browsers colors, folders colors and its supper messy. submitted by /u/TheHirou [link] [comments]...
  8. I'd like to disable onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'd like to disable onedrive: disable onedrive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/id-like-to-disable-onedrive/e896484e-cf8a-4449-9cc2-290b963cdd2b
  9. How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make windows 10 look like windows 95/98?: YouTube 144704
  10. Looking at going back to Nvidia

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Looking at going back to Nvidia: I have been looking at Nvidia graphic cards and looks like I may order the GTX 1070 74743