Windows 10: ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

Discus and support ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by JRockZ, Dec 24, 2017.

1. JRockZ Win User

ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have extensions enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) my browser gets slow, when I type to search for instance at yahoo sometimes I can type a full sentence and it takes a minute or so after I type for the text to show up, cutting and pasting is sketchy as well but the worst is "fly outs" like on Facebook (see image) when I click newsfeed I sometimes have to wait up to a minute for the fly out with "most recent" and "top stories" to show up same with on amazon ad's when I hoover over pictures its like I have to wait for the full page to download before I can hoover over and see the enlarged images.
    I have fully cleaned my cache multiple times, uninstalled the extension and reinstalled and just about everything else I can think of including having my email changed on my extension password manager account.
    I have looked for posts about this issue here and on the forums for Norton ID safe and no one else seems to have this problem!
    If I go into edge browser settings and disable extensions then things seem to be fine but when enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) it drags my browser like I'm on an old 56k connection!!
    I'm at a loss does anyone have any ideas what the slow down could be? seems like bandwidth issue but all my speed tests check out fine,,, and I know I could just not use the extension at all but I need it so I have to,,, its just twice as much work to disable it, then enable it when I need it and log in and so on and so on...
    No one seems to be posting about this on the Norton id safe forums so i'm guessing I'm the only lagger lol.
    Could it be something to do with Sync settings??
    Ughhhhh!
    Any help would be much appreciated!!
    Also ive followed a few tuts like this How to Make Edge fast and fix slow problem in Windows 10 to try and solve the problem and still no luck

Thanks!

:)

JRockZ, Dec 24, 2017
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Microsoft Edge

For now, Microsoft Edge doesn't support browser extensions. Most security software tries to install web browser extensions to rate search results, protect you from accessing malicious web sites, provide extra security for online banking and shopping, and
    other security features. If these features are important to you, don't use Microsoft Edge.

Edge won't get support for browser extensions until Q1 of 2016 at the earliest. You can use it without security software extensions, but many people rely on those extensions to keep them safe as they search the web. If you want that extra security, use Google
    Chrome or Mozilla Firefox instead of Edge.

BulldogXX, Dec 24, 2017
  3. How to enable add-on in MS Edge browser?

Thanks a lot, Zigzag,

I have the Windows 10 Home 64-bit anniversary update(V:1607, Build 14393.0) installed, which will allow MS edge browser to support add-ons. I see that the MS Edge browser has add-ons option called 'extensions'.

However, when installing some apps(Norton Identity Safe, Internet Download Manager, Skype,
    HP SimplePass Website Logon, so on) which integrate their built-in adds into any browser installed, I didn't see that add-ons were added/integrated to the MS Edge browser.

However, all of the Norton Identity Safe Extension, Internet Download Manager Extension, Skype Extension, and HP SimplePass Website Logon Extension added/integrated into the other browsers such as MS IE11, and Google Chrome, FireFox and so on.

As a result, I think the add-on of any app only available and authorized in the Windows 10 Store could only be added/integrated into the MS Edge browser.

So, how to add the add-ons of third-party applications not added in the Windows 10 store?

a cooperator, Dec 24, 2017
  4. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

I would not use any Norton Products. Find another PW manager*Wink

Josey Wales, Dec 24, 2017
  5. JRockZ Win User
    If I didn't already have it for like the last ten years ,,,, i'd agree but since 140+ of my passwords and accounts are stored there, I need it! thanks for your opinion!
    Thanks!

JRockZ, Dec 24, 2017
  6. JRockZ Win User
    Well after a little more investigation today I found my browser does this no matter which brouser I use so the problem must be with nortons extension, I know it sucks but ive used it for years and just haven't found any other way of keeping track of my stuff! so I guess I just live with this! Mark post as solved I guess! Grrrr!

JRockZ, Dec 24, 2017
  7. You as the OP have to mark it solved.

Josey Wales, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

1. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension - Similar Threads - SAFE Edge Browser

2. Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension: hi i have some problems with microsoft edge. it keeps crashing because of a browser extensionthe browser extension is something called "wRuleTest" idk what is this extension.but i something found in the C:\ProgramData. The folder is something called "Dvpjvm"at first i have no...
  3. Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?: [ATTACH]Now that the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine is rolling out, you may find some of the extensions missing after the upgrade […] This post Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser? is from TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge: We are thrilled to announce that the webhint browser extension has moved from beta to its v1 release and is now available for Insider builds of Microsoft Edge, as well as for Chrome and Firefox! The webhint browser extension allows you to easily scan a website and get...
  5. Edge EXTENSIONS

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge EXTENSIONS: Is there any way of getting the TIME and DATE on to Edge Extension/Taskbar ? And - when will the new Edge with Chrome extensions be released ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/edge-extensions/10b0f99f-4c15-4e35-97e9-3a6cffd80b09
  6. myTube browser extension now available on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    myTube browser extension now available on Microsoft Edge: myTube is a very popular but unofficial YouTube application developed for Windows 10 users. myTube is built on Microsoft Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and offers all the features available in the official YouTube application developed by Google. The myTube application has...
  7. Norton ID Safe Extension for Edge.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Norton ID Safe Extension for Edge.: Norton has released its password management extension for Edge in the Windows Store. Only works for newer version of Windows and English only. https://community.norton.com/en/blog...ow-available-0 We are excited to announce that Norton Identity Safe extension...
  8. Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC

in Browsers and Email
    Can't add extensions to Edge browser on desktop PC: I am unable to add extensions to Edge browser on my Desktop PC. When I go to the windows store, from Edge, in order to add them - none are shown. I also have a tablet running Windows 10, and was able to add them just fine on the tablet. Any ideas what might be going...
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....: Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for Fast Ring Testers [img] [img] It looks like Microsoft has added another browser extension in the Windows Store for their Microsoft Edge web browser. The Office Online browser extension for...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...