Windows 10: IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets

Discus and support IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The PC manufacturers failed to improve the sales of traditional PCs and tablets market once again, with the latest figures showing that this industry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jun 2, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets

The PC manufacturers failed to improve the sales of traditional PCs and tablets market once again, with the latest figures showing that this industry is still collapsing and IDC point to even slower performance in the next months. However, detachable tablets continue to be bright spots in a challenging market.

International Data Corporation (IDC) expects personal computing devices like traditional PCs (desktop, notebook, and workstation) and tablets (slate and detachable) to drop by 3.5% year over year in 2018.

The personal computing devices will decline 1.8% over the next 4 years, but the detachable devices will continue to improve its market share. IDC recently said that both Microsoft and Apple are contributing to the detachable, and Windows 10 ARM devices will also help the detachable market.

“Overall the challenges for traditional PCs and tablets remain the same as in past years,” said Ryan Reith, IDC. “Despite the continuous decline of desktops, it’s clear that not all are created alike as the growing demand for gaming PCs is bringing with it plenty of changes to the design and form factor of desktops while opening up opportunities for brands,” said Jitesh Ubrani, senior research analyst.

IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets [​IMG]

While Windows 10 has failed to improve the shipment of traditional PCs, it’s likely that Windows 10 on ARM project will make a difference mostly because it powers the detachable devices.

The future of portable computing will shift towards mobility, and with users are becoming increasingly mobile, Microsoft’s Windows 10 Always Connected PCs will help the detachable market grow as tablet shipments would continue to decline.

Windows 10 on ARM-powered devices serve to target Google’s Chromebooks, and while the current-generation devices are expensive, it’s likely that OEMs will soon manufacture low-end detachable to take the educational section by storm.

The post IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jun 2, 2018
  2. OTEC.CA Win User

Traditional Chinese pinyin keyboard in window 10

How to HanYuPinYin to input Traditional Chinese in Windows 10?

step 1: In Windows 10 , go to "settings"; "Time &" Language"; "Region & Language"; "Add a language"; "Chinese (Simplied)".

please note: the (Simplified) includes the Traditional words.

Step 2: under the "Language", select "中文(中华人民共和国)“;”Options“; ”Keyboards“;select ”Microsoft Pinyin“;”options“。

Step 3:under ”Microsoft PinYin“, select”Character sets”, choose A character sets from (simplified Chinese) to (Traditional Chinese). The job is done!

Please note: Although you can use this method to input hanyupinyin and get the traditional Chinese characters, but if you need to switch to Simplified Chinese, you have to go to the step 3 again and change the Character Set from Traditional Chinese to the
    Simplified Chinese. I hope Microsoft or its developers can add some patch to fix it so that in the future, users can easily switch language from English or Chinese Traditional or Chinese Simplified modes.

Some other people suggested to use HongKong Traditional Chinese and bopomofo keyboard, but you can not select the candidite font (同音字)。I think Microsoft engineer may fix this bug in the future.

OTEC.CA, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Brightness resets after reboot

Hi Marc,

In addition to the troubleshooting step that you have already done, we suggest that you try disabling the adaptive brightness from your PC. Follow the steps below and see if it resolves the issue:

• From the Search bar, type Power Options.
    • Click Power Options from the result. Under Preferred plans, click
      Change plan settings.
    • Click Change advanced power settings and select Enable adaptive brightness to turn it
      ON or OFF.
    After saving the changes, restart your PC and check if issue still occurs.

Let us know how it went.

Jennifer Cha, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets

1. IDC do not see a bright future for traditional PCs and tablets - Similar Threads - IDC bright future

2. Bootable USB for multiple PCs/Laptop/Tablet?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable USB for multiple PCs/Laptop/Tablet?: Novice question. We have a couple of desktops, a Laptop & Surface Tablet running with the same version but separate licences of Windows 10 Home. Do we need to create a separate bootable USB for each of the machines or just one? All 4 machines have Windows 10 already...
  3. cannot see other pcs on network????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot see other pcs on network????: all of a sudden, i cannot see the other 2 pcs on my network, nor can they see me. i have win 10 64 home on all, all updates as of today, have made sure 2 Function services are started, and all SMB file sharing boxes are checked in windows programs and features. i even tried...
  4. New Microsoft Pluton security processor for future Windows PCs

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Pluton security processor for future Windows PCs: [ATTACH] The role of the Windows PC and trust in technology are more important than ever as our devices keep us connected and productive across work and life. Windows 10 is the most secure version of Windows ever, built with end-to-end security for protection from the edge...
  5. Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs

Future Windows 10 Versions for Limited Storage PCs: Since it seems that Microsoft's eventual plans for Windows 10 is to require greater system storage minimums than in the past, does anyone know if Microsoft has given any consideration to allowing users to supplement their small built-in storage drives by using USB flash...
  6. IDC Debug

IDC Debug: Hello, Recently my Office Word starts but shuts down after a while again and I lose the document I was working on. Meanwhile a document appeared on my desktop, called IDC_debug_log and it asks me to send it as an attachment to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***....
  7. can not see tablet on network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not see tablet on network: My Samsung tablet A does not appear in the list of devices, my pc and tablet are on the same network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-see-tablet-on-network/bde574e8-0df1-4f69-ab60-cc7ee4006bb5
  8. IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better

in Windows 10 News
    IDC hopes Microsoft’s Always Connected Windows 10 PCs project will eventually do better: The latest data from IDC suggests that the Always Connected PCs initiative from Microsoft will eventually do better as the company is betting big on Snapdragon-powered PCs and new tools. IDC’s latest report adds that the tablet market is still declining and the drop reached...
  9. What's the future of Microsoft's ARM-based tablets?

in Windows 10 News
    What's the future of Microsoft's ARM-based tablets?: A few years back, Microsoft took an ambitious step to build a version of Windows that would run on ARM-based processors. At the time, this was a huge move, as many expected this new operating system, called Windows RT, to challenge the standard that Intel and AMD were the...
  10. Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Likely to Bring Tablet Users Back to PCs, IDC..: Windows 10 is one of the most anticipated products not only by Microsoft and its customers but also by hardware manufacturers worldwide because the new OS is very likely to boost shipments of new devices when it becomes available. Analyst firm IDC says that Windows 10 is...