Windows 10: Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files?

Discus and support Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, one of my primary backup solutions is CrashPlan, but it doesn't preserve the creation times or files after you restore them. Does anyone have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Megalith, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Megalith Win User

Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files?

So, one of my primary backup solutions is CrashPlan, but it doesn't preserve the creation times or files after you restore them. Does anyone have any ideas in regard to software that could possibly back up time stamps in a separate database, which you could then apply to restored files?

:)

Megalith, Mar 5, 2016

2. Untested HP desktop, current Windows version 14393, now what?

Backing up using a System Image is a great idea as it preserves your files, activation and installed apps too. It is the exact copy of the OS running at the time.

If you have problems, you can restore the System Image easily.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 5, 2016
  3. scoobyc Win User
    Moving Texts from 6500 to 6700

I have recently upgradedgrom a 6500 to a 6700, however want to move my SMS messages across keeping the original time/date stamp on them. Any ideas?

i have tried the phone to phone bluetooth facility but that changes the time/date to the current time.

Nokia Content Copier backs up the data from the 6500 but cannot move it to the 6700 (only the MMS move).

help!

scoobyc, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files?

1. Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files? - Similar Threads - Ideas preserving stamps

2. KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x3424aead

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x3424aead: After starting up NAV I go through to a specific section, load up a list and then it closes. It's also happening when I load up a Purchase Order on another users machine (oddly only ones beginning with 017XXX, I believe). The problem is exclusive to the machine and not...
  3. back up file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    back up file: I had a MAC computer and I had all my files backed up to an external drive and also on to my new HP computer. However, I need to find my sage accounting file and I can not seem to find it nor do I know what to look for on the back up. I thought when I opened the back up all...
  4. File history/ Back-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File history/ Back-up: I accidentally deleted my recovery partition and now I get an error saying check back-up settings. How can I re-install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-history-back-up/83dfd074-f1b6-4cfc-8d02-4e0945a155de
  5. Save Backed up File

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Save Backed up File: How do I save a backed up file on my desktop to a flash drive in a USB port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-backed-up-file/b5839709-49a0-4869-84f6-e709b0b7232c"
  6. backing up files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backing up files: I want to change the drive and user that is being used on my computer. They are currently in (F) files user lat10 which is an incorrect user. I want to backup to drive (E) with Linda as the user. I also have many, many files under lat10 that were under lat101 until...
  7. notepad arrange text by time stamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    notepad arrange text by time stamp: i have a transcript with timestamps but it saved in reverse order from last to first message. Is there a way to reverse this in a non manual fashion according to timestamp?...
  8. Date/Time Stamp

in Windows 10 Customization
    Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....
  9. back up files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    back up files: cant find my back up files for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/back-up-files/007e4ca4-6dc2-4498-b5cb-dbf1507d738c
  10. Find files that are NOT backed up ?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Find files that are NOT backed up ?: I backed up my files to another drive and I think they are okay, but how can i check to be sure that they are all backed up okay and find those that aren't ? I moved some about, so I cannot just compare the directories exactly. 92327