Windows 10: Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files?

Discus and support Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, one of my primary backup solutions is CrashPlan, but it doesn't preserve the creation times or files after you restore them. Does anyone have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Megalith, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Megalith Win User

Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files?

So, one of my primary backup solutions is CrashPlan, but it doesn't preserve the creation times or files after you restore them. Does anyone have any ideas in regard to software that could possibly back up time stamps in a separate database, which you could then apply to restored files?

:)

Megalith, Mar 5, 2016

2. Untested HP desktop, current Windows version 14393, now what?

Backing up using a System Image is a great idea as it preserves your files, activation and installed apps too. It is the exact copy of the OS running at the time.

If you have problems, you can restore the System Image easily.

Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 5, 2016
  3. scoobyc Win User
    Moving Texts from 6500 to 6700

I have recently upgradedgrom a 6500 to a 6700, however want to move my SMS messages across keeping the original time/date stamp on them. Any ideas?

i have tried the phone to phone bluetooth facility but that changes the time/date to the current time.

Nokia Content Copier backs up the data from the 6500 but cannot move it to the 6700 (only the MMS move).

help!

scoobyc, Mar 5, 2016
Thema:

Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files?

1. Ideas for preserving time stamps of backed-up files? - Similar Threads - Ideas preserving stamps

2. Search files with en exact time stamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search files with en exact time stamp: Hi, I have taken photos every minute over a construction work over a long period and have them sorted per year, month and day on my hard drive. I'm thinking of doing a timelapse and want to pick out every file in each folder taken exact at 12.00 each day. How am I doing that,...
  3. Search files with en exact time stamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search files with en exact time stamp: Hi, I have taken photos every minute over a construction work over a long period and have them sorted per year, month and day on my hard drive. I'm thinking of doing a timelapse and want to pick out every file in each folder taken exact at 12.00 each day. How am I doing that,...
  4. Time stamps in ntbootlog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Time stamps in ntbootlog: The boot time for my computer has gotten pretty slow, and I'm trying to figure what the issue is. It sure would be helpful if the entries in ntbootlog.txt was timestamped so I could see what is taking so long.I tried searching and didn't find any helpful answers. Does anyone...
  5. Back up files renamed with a number and UTC time stamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back up files renamed with a number and UTC time stamp: Hi,Just like the title mentions it, my files were renamed and they now have an UTC with a time stamp on them. Because of that, programs can't find them. I obviously can't rename all them one by one because of the large number of files. Someone had an issue similar in 2016 and...
  6. Dim Time stamp.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Time stamp.: Time stamp on bottom right side screen is dim how do I brighten it up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dim-time-stamp/37c17694-72fe-491b-924b-aaaaad768988
  7. time stamp in jpg picture files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    time stamp in jpg picture files: "Windows Photo Gallery" allowed the time in "date taken" to be modified. Unfortunately, Windows Photo Gallery hasn't been available since 2017. "Windows Photos" is the replacement for Windows Photo Gallery, but Windows Photos doesn't have the capability to change the time...
  8. About time stamps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    About time stamps: KB4550945 HotFix fixes a bug with the time stamp. Does KB4552152 or KB4556799 fix the time stamp issue? I'd like to confirm with the Log, but the new patch KB4556799 has begun to be applied, and KB4550945 is no longer displayed....
  9. How to change the format for file time stamps

How to change the format for file time stamps: Googling yielded only how to change the date itself. That is not what I want. I want theformat changed. Currently, file time stamp dates display as 2020-4-16. I want it to show as 16-04-2020 or 04-16-2020. The year is useless to me in the grand scheme of things. Going into...
  10. Date/Time Stamp

Date/Time Stamp: How to add the current date and time on any Windows 10 document and program (that allows entering data), i.e., stamping the current date and time into whatever program I am using. Thank you....