Windows 10: Identify OneNote version?

Discus and support Identify OneNote version? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; How do I identify my Microsoft OneNote's version? 26083 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by gogreen, Oct 11, 2015.

1. gogreen Win User

Identify OneNote version?

How do I identify my Microsoft OneNote's version?

:)

gogreen, Oct 11, 2015

2. Tablet mode in Windows 10 -- No virtual keyboard?

Has a solution been identified for this? The touch keyboard does NOT pop up for Onenote 2016, yet it does for Word, Excel and the other default apps.

Thanks.

EnriqueBarcenas, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Ma El Win User
    My OneNote app won't open on my laptop

I have the same issue with OneNote app. I tried the Apps troubleshooter, but it can't identify any problem. I also tried to disconnect my account and it isn't possible to reconnect it again.

The desktop version (OneNote 2013) has instead no problem and works fine. But on my tablet computer (Dell Venue 11) the modern app would be better.

Ma El, Oct 11, 2015
  4. Identify OneNote version?

If you click the hamburger menu (3 lines at top left) and new windows should slide out from the left

Select settings at the bottom, then from the settings page is an option named About, this will show the version

paulsalter, Oct 11, 2015
  5. gogreen Win User
    I have no hamburger menu as you describe.

gogreen, Oct 11, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Try clicking on file then help if you don't have the modern app version...

Identify OneNote version? [​IMG]

7. I am on the 365 version, so not sure if its the same

If you click on the File menu and then come down and select Account
    Do you see something similar to this

Identify OneNote version? [​IMG]

paulsalter, Oct 11, 2015
  8. gogreen Win User

Aha! File > Help did it! Thanks, paulsalter and halasz.

gogreen, Oct 11, 2015
  9. These options are always moving around

Glad you found it *Smile

paulsalter, Oct 11, 2015
  10. gogreen Win User
    I'm using Office 2010. I don't understand why, then, I see OneNote "upgrades" appearing, but the guts of the application don't seem to change. Is this because Office updates appear in the usual manner in Windows Updates but those of OneNote do not?

I intend to stick with Office 2010 as long as I can. I dislike the cloud notion of Office 365 and its subscription-based use. I prefer the "old" method of buying software.

And this was my 100th post! *Cool

gogreen, Oct 11, 2015
  11. lx07 Win User
    OneNote 2010 bugs you to "upgrade" to the free version which is part of Office 2016.

I tried installing it but it brings in lots and lots of the rest of Office 2016 (the "new" OneNote took more disk space than the whole of Office 2010) so I deleted it again.

OneNote 2010 updates come normal through Windows update so unless you prefer the layout of the new version I'd leave it.

12. The options for upgrades might be coming from the 'Get Office' app which comes pre installed with 10, unless you have deleted it

Office 365 can be local also, its just the subscription version of Office 2016, I use it with local and cloud files
    There is also the Onenote app now, which is quite nice

If 2010 does what you need, no point in upgrading

Congrats on 100 posts *Smile

paulsalter, Oct 11, 2015
  13. gogreen Win User

How do I delete the "Get Office" app?

Oops. Never mind! Did it!

gogreen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Identify OneNote version? - Similar Threads - Identify OneNote version

2. My problem is that OneNote for Windows 10 or OneNote specifically both versions in Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My problem is that OneNote for Windows 10 or OneNote specifically both versions in Windows...: I've used the clipboard history since Windows 10, and I want to use clipboard history like I did, except now in Windows 11, which shouldn't be so different or difficult, but it doesn't seem to work like it use to in Win10. I want to inform that I have both the 'clipboard...
  3. My problem is that OneNote for Windows 10 or OneNote specifically both versions in Windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My problem is that OneNote for Windows 10 or OneNote specifically both versions in Windows...: I've used the clipboard history since Windows 10, and I want to use clipboard history like I did, except now in Windows 11, which shouldn't be so different or difficult, but it doesn't seem to work like it use to in Win10. I want to inform that I have both the 'clipboard...
  4. downloading the free latest version of OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    downloading the free latest version of OneNote: So I just started to use OneNote that is part of Office 2013, but I thought that the new version would have more features. But, blimey, I can't seem to find the download link. Is this some sort of Microsoft IQ test? *BangheadThat I failed? *Sick 163175
  5. Please Help Me Identify This Windows Version

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Please Help Me Identify This Windows Version: I need help identifying this Windows logo. Is this Windows 10? Also, was this version available in December 2017? Many thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-help-me-identify-this-windows-version/57239d54-e7e6-4a17-a598-640aea7d8860
  6. MS Onenote Version 16001.12430.20120.0.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Onenote Version 16001.12430.20120.0.: When I Minimized Onenote to the task bar I cannot restore or maximize it. Clicking on taskbar icon does nothing, right click only shows "Onenote open a 2nd occurrance, pin to taskbar & Close window", I have to close/open Onenote or open a 2nd occurrence in order to view...
  7. Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onenote UWP on Win10 (Version 16001.11231.20118.0) Search is Slow (minutes) and Onenote...: This started happening after Onenote 10 updated this morning on my Surface Pro 4. Before the update, search was fast and my life was just perfect! My current release is Version 16001.11231.20118.0 After the update ... Search averages 30-60 seconds on same search...
  8. OneNote Windows 10 version emaioing page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneNote Windows 10 version emaioing page: In OneNote 2016 the user can email a page in a Notebook using the menu FILE - SEND and selecting the method of sending. Where is this menu command in the Windows 10 OneNote app? I know the obvious work around but has Microsoft removed or not yet added this send feature?...
  9. New OneNote version 16.0.10325.20049 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New OneNote version 16.0.10325.20049 for Windows 10: Hey OneNote fans! We just released a new update on Windows 10 (version 16.0.10325.20049) with a number of features based directly on your feedback. As always these features are rolling out, so if you don't see one of them yet then check back soon. Here's what's new for...
  10. Which version of OneNote

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Which version of OneNote: Hi. I am new to windows. One of the most exciting things I am looking foreword to when I receive my HP Spectre 360x next week (!!) is using OneNote. I would like the full and most complete version. I know OneNote is typically free, but to get the best version do I need to...