Windows 10: IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492

Discus and support IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, A couple of HP IDT Beats Audio drivers: Tempo High Definition Audio Driver (Original IDT), VERSION: 6.10.6504.0 REV: A PASS: 1 L:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Simple, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Simple Win User

IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492

Hello all,

A couple of HP IDT Beats Audio drivers:

Tempo High Definition Audio Driver (Original IDT), VERSION: 6.10.6504.0 REV: A PASS: 1
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71714.exe

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver, VERSION: 6.10.6492.0 REV: A PASS: 8
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.exe

:)

Simple, Aug 11, 2015

2. idt audio Windows 10 Always crash

Original title: IDT AUDIO WINDOWS 10

idt audio Windows 10 Always crash why? the last is version is 6.10.6504 or not? update driver idt audio codec of 6504?

simone.miccolo, Aug 11, 2015
  3. idt audio Windows 10 Always crash

Hi Simone,

We appreciate you for being apart of Windows 10.

I understand that IDT Audio in Windows 10 crashes.

We need more information to help you better.

1) What is the make and model of your computer?

2) Do you get any error message when the IDT audio crashes?

3) Did you update the drivers as you said "update driver idt audio codec of 6504?"

Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by the
    RajithR on October 8, 2014 in the below thread and check if it helps.

IDT High definition audio codec not working on Windows 10 technical preview

Reference: You may try to refer to the below article and check if you are able to troubleshoot the problems with Sound in Windows 10.

Fix Sound Problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 11, 2015
  4. erpster4 Win User

You got the link to the 6.10.6504.0 drivers wrong, Simple.
    It should be this (missed the last number by a few):
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe
    And here are direct links to the 6.10.6504.0 drivers from MS Update Catalog (cab file packages)
    (download link 1) (download link 2)

6504 is for Windows 10 x64/64bit only; not for x86/32bit versions
    but 6492 can work on both 32bit & 64bit Win10

Also, look at the release notes for the new drivers from HP
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.html
    v6.10.6504.0 is for several HP "All-in-one" or AIO desktop PCs; not for HP laptops
    L: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71886.html
    v6.10.6492.0 is for "HP 242 G2 Notebook PC"

erpster4, Aug 25, 2015
  5. Simple Win User
    You are right, I copied the wrong link..
    However, the 6504 supports a different chip from 6492.. but it is irrelevant to notebook itself, as HP is using the same chip in many designs.
    In any case, HP still have not fixed this problem:
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Noteboo...5170521/page/2

Simple, Aug 26, 2015
  6. Kirill Win User
    • Guys, is that simple: Right click speaker icon in taskbar > Speakers > Properties > Advanced > switch to 24 bit, 96000 Hz. And thats all.

Kirill, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Simple Win User
    The HP drivers are not sought after because of sampling rate problem of YouTube over Edge and the internet Explorer which can be solved by avoiding the rate 48000. But the drivers are needed because they include the beats software that has an Equalizer that makes the subwoofer built in the notebook sound much better than the awful sound obtained with Windows 10 drivers.

IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492 [​IMG]

Simple, Aug 31, 2015
  8. syneox Win User

Just registered to thank you, so many bullshits all over a net and this is the only thing that worked. Thank you!

syneox, Nov 4, 2015
  9. Here are some modified HP IDT Audio Drivers (derived from HP SoftPaq #59291).

They got my ProBook's embedded sound chip working again on Win 10 Pro x64
    (including the SRS Premium Sound Control Panel/HP Beats Audio Functionality)

HP IDT Audio Driver (x86 and x64 systems):
    File Version: 6.10.6428.0 (modified)
    http://www.filedropper.com/hpidtx86x64wda

Note: For x86 systems, the feature set is reduced.

sweckform2, Nov 15, 2015
  10. Simple Win User
    @sweckform2,
    Thanks for the post, but does it affect the sound quality when you make changes to the equalizer or press "FN+B" while media is playing?

I have sp65196 (VERSION: 6.10.6498.0 REV: B), it runs fine on my computer but "FN+B" does change sound quality while playing media, you have to close the media and restart it to hear the changes made. The same goes for the Equalizer.

sp65631 (VERSION: 6.10.6499.0 REV: J), does not work on my sound chip and already superseded by 6.10.6503/4

However, SP71886 (Version 6.10.6492) was released on 17/07/2015 and meant to run on Windows 10. It does (for me), but "FN+B" and Equalizer changes do not affect sound while media is playing, you have to close the media player and restart it to hear the effects.

I think the problem with FN+B is because Windows 10 already has assignments for these keyes which seems to supersede any changes made, because immediately after installation "FN+B" and the Equalizer do work, it is after the reboot that they stop (the same problem as the Synaptics TouchPad 2 finger scrolling), but I dont know of a registry setting that could stop Windows 10 from overriding this function.

Simple, Nov 16, 2015
  11. Simple Win User
    @sweckform2,
    I just tried the file you posted, regrettably it does not work with my hardware. Since this works for you, you may wish to try the updated version sp65631 (VERSION: 6.10.6499.0 REV: J.

Simple, Nov 16, 2015
  12. ---

Hi Simple,

When I change the Equalizer the sound quality is affected. I don't have to close/restart the playing media to notice any changes.

On a side note, does your HP system have the enhanced keyboard drivers from HP installed (if yes, it should display as "HP QLB" in Device Manager under the keyboard feature). This can make a huge difference on Windows 10 as it forces Windows to 'maps' all key combinations with the "FN" key exclusively to features provided by HP.

If you don't have the HP QLB feature installed, grab an older driver version (for Windows 7) from the HP website and install it in compatibility mode. The drivers for Windows 8/8.1 will not work.

Thanks.

sweckform2, Nov 17, 2015
  13. IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492

Thanks. But I already tried the newer versions first. Regrettably, they don't work. Apparently the drivers used by Windows 10 use the same association as Windows 7. So in theory, drivers designed for Windows 7 have a better chance of working with Windows 10, than drivers designed for Windows 8 and 8.1.

The same can be said for software suites designed by HP for Windows 7.

sweckform2, Nov 17, 2015
  14. Simple Win User
    Do you have an SP number for enhanced keyboard drivers from HP?

Simple, Nov 18, 2015
  15. I've uploaded the HP Softpaq version that works with my system. Here's the link: Free File Hosting - Online Storage; Upload Mp3, Videos, Music. Backup Files

If this doesn't work, please post your exact make/model number here and I will get back to you with the relevant package for your system.

Thanks.

sweckform2, Nov 19, 2015
Thema:

1. IDT Audio Drivers 6504 & 6492 - Similar Threads - IDT Audio Drivers

2. IDT driver installation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    IDT driver installation issue: Hi,I tried to update the existing IDT High Definition Audio CODEC using the latest from below:https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=IDTBut after updating getting error. It shows yellow exclamatory mark and also under properties it says 'This device can start....
  3. IDT audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT audio driver issue: Hi,We are Windows 10 Embedded Medical devices and as part of our development we will capture the ghost image of the system and the same image will be deployed on multiple system.After deploying the ghost image, it is observed that in one of the system the 'Disable...
  4. IDT audio driver issue

IDT audio driver issue: Hi,We are Windows 10 Embedded Medical devices and as part of our development we will capture the ghost image of the system and the same image will be deployed on multiple system.After deploying the ghost image, it is observed that in one of the system the 'Disable...
  5. IDT audio driver issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. IDT audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IDT audio driver: Good afternoon,I have installed windows 10 in a Toshiba satellite pro C50-A-143. After updating drivers and before, IDT Audio device, the sound is bad, the tone is too high, as if you would set the low frequencies down in an equalizer. Following advices in different forums. I...
  7. IDT audio driver

IDT audio driver: Good afternoon,I have installed windows 10 in a Toshiba satellite pro C50-A-143. After updating drivers and before, IDT Audio device, the sound is bad, the tone is too high, as if you would set the low frequencies down in an equalizer. Following advices in different forums. I...
  8. IDT audio driver

9. driver update missing for IDT High Def Audio CODEC

driver update missing for IDT High Def Audio CODEC: How do I resolve this problem of a Missing IDT High Def Audio CODEC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/driver-update-missing-for-idt-high-def-audio-codec/61a4d4f9-ef48-4ed5-a105-2d4307d0b352
  10. IDT Audio Driver Problem

IDT Audio Driver Problem: Hello. I have been dealing with audio problems recently. I found many solutions in the internet but the problem randomly occurs. I tried forcing the driver install, etc but it just won't get fixed. I have read that forcing the default HD driver that Windows offers gave them...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. idt 6.10.6504.0 forced windows 7