Windows 10: IE 11 crashes when closed

Discus and support IE 11 crashes when closed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a friend running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the updates on a very new Lenovo All-In-One computer. Every time she closes the IE,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Jul 13, 2016.

1. IE 11 crashes when closed

I have a friend running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the updates on a very new Lenovo All-In-One computer. Every time she closes the IE, it crashes and then comes up with a message saying Microsoft will let her know when a solution becomes available. Anyone know what could be causing that?

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 13, 2016

2. IE 11 ceased to work

I have used IE 11 on a windows 10 home machine for many months. Yesterday, the pop up saying explorer has stopped working popped up, IE crashed. I closed IE and re-opened, same pop up. Restarted machine twice and same problem. Unchecked the box in program
    settings to turn off (and uninstall) IE 11. Restarted, then went back and checked the box, restarted and opened IE 11 but it crashes (the popup box saying program has stopped working, is checking for solutions) comes up. It does this on different URls so
    it is not the website. IE 11 is the only browser in which my webbased offsite work email (outlook based) functions at its best, so I really would like to get IE back. Any ideas?

baffledguy, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Internet explorer freezes after the latest update.

Original Post [IE 11 in Widows 10 Pro 64 Bit]

When launching IE 11 it displays double tool bars - I have selected Menu Bar, Favorites Tool Bar and Roboform Tool Bar - IE 11 displays two complete sets of those tool bars at launch. When IE 11 is complely loaded it displays one set of tool bars correctly.

Additionally, IE 11 is freezing when I click on a link form Outlook - it displays a blank tab and after a hesitation ti displays the site correctly but I'm not able to click on anything including the tab(s) that were already open. When right clicking on
    IE 11 in the taskbar and selecting close, it does not close or prompt me as to which tabs to close. And, I have to goto Task Manager to end process. FireFox and Chrome behave correctly.

StarpilotSol, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

IE 11 crashes when closed

1. IE 11 crashes when closed - Similar Threads - crashes closed

2. What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?: When I close games my PC black screens and I have to do a force shut down, then after powering it up again I gat green lines all over the screen and have to restart it again to fix the green lines. I have tried factory resetting windows and I even used DDU to do a clean...
  3. What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's causing my PC to crash when closing games?: When I close games my PC black screens and I have to do a force shut down, then after powering it up again I gat green lines all over the screen and have to restart it again to fix the green lines. I have tried factory resetting windows and I even used DDU to do a clean...
  4. Roblox closes randomly with nothing wrong occuring before it crashes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox closes randomly with nothing wrong occuring before it crashes.: Sometimes I'll just be playing Roblox and it never lags or anything before it crashes, it's just out of the blue my pc is strong enough to run Roblox with max graphics. It never lags or anything before it crashes, it's just happening out of the blue. I really don't have...
  5. Roblox closes randomly with nothing wrong occuring before it crashes.

Roblox closes randomly with nothing wrong occuring before it crashes.: Sometimes I'll just be playing Roblox and it never lags or anything before it crashes, it's just out of the blue my pc is strong enough to run Roblox with max graphics. It never lags or anything before it crashes, it's just happening out of the blue. I really don't have...
  6. PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games: Screen freezes or goes blank after closing down any video game. Have tried updating the Nvidia Driver and running a SFC SCANNOW; however, the issue persists.PC Specs are:i7-10700F CPU16GB RAMNvidia RTX 3060ti GPUWindows 11 HomeI would be grateful for any support....
  7. PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games

PC/GPU Crashes After Closing Games: Screen freezes or goes blank after closing down any video game. Have tried updating the Nvidia Driver and running a SFC SCANNOW; however, the issue persists.PC Specs are:i7-10700F CPU16GB RAMNvidia RTX 3060ti GPUWindows 11 HomeI would be grateful for any support....
  8. PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application: My Computer will freeze for a few seconds and then crash when I try to alt tab out of a full screen application. If I close out of one the screen will go black for a few seconds and then do the same exact thing. This is also the third time I've had to ask this because no one...
  9. PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application

PC crashes after closing out of/alt + tabbing out of any full screen application: My Computer will freeze for a few seconds and then crash when I try to alt tab out of a full screen application. If I close out of one the screen will go black for a few seconds and then do the same exact thing. This is also the third time I've had to ask this because no one...
  10. 23h2 Crashes unreal engine games with “UE4 game has crashed and will be closed! Fatal error!”

23h2 Crashes unreal engine games with “UE4 game has crashed and will be closed! Fatal error!”: Hello! So, as I mentioned above, after I’ve updated to the newest windows version my unreal engine games just crashing. Error that I have each time is “UE4 game has crashed and will be closed! Fatal error!”. I have no idea how to fix that, but I think this may be the problem...