Windows 10: IE 11 crashes when closed

Discus and support IE 11 crashes when closed in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have a friend running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the updates on a very new Lenovo All-In-One computer. Every time she closes the IE,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by alkaufmann, Jul 13, 2016.

1. IE 11 crashes when closed

I have a friend running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the updates on a very new Lenovo All-In-One computer. Every time she closes the IE, it crashes and then comes up with a message saying Microsoft will let her know when a solution becomes available. Anyone know what could be causing that?

Ak

:)

alkaufmann, Jul 13, 2016

2. IE 11 ceased to work

I have used IE 11 on a windows 10 home machine for many months. Yesterday, the pop up saying explorer has stopped working popped up, IE crashed. I closed IE and re-opened, same pop up. Restarted machine twice and same problem. Unchecked the box in program
    settings to turn off (and uninstall) IE 11. Restarted, then went back and checked the box, restarted and opened IE 11 but it crashes (the popup box saying program has stopped working, is checking for solutions) comes up. It does this on different URls so
    it is not the website. IE 11 is the only browser in which my webbased offsite work email (outlook based) functions at its best, so I really would like to get IE back. Any ideas?

baffledguy, Jul 13, 2016
  3. Internet explorer freezes after the latest update.

Original Post [IE 11 in Widows 10 Pro 64 Bit]

When launching IE 11 it displays double tool bars - I have selected Menu Bar, Favorites Tool Bar and Roboform Tool Bar - IE 11 displays two complete sets of those tool bars at launch. When IE 11 is complely loaded it displays one set of tool bars correctly.

Additionally, IE 11 is freezing when I click on a link form Outlook - it displays a blank tab and after a hesitation ti displays the site correctly but I'm not able to click on anything including the tab(s) that were already open. When right clicking on
    IE 11 in the taskbar and selecting close, it does not close or prompt me as to which tabs to close. And, I have to goto Task Manager to end process. FireFox and Chrome behave correctly.

StarpilotSol, Jul 13, 2016
Thema:

IE 11 crashes when closed

1. IE 11 crashes when closed - Similar Threads - crashes closed

2. Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern PrintDialogue crashing. Window with printer logo appears and closes immediately.: Greetings, After updating several Windows 10 PCs in our company to 1903, some (not all) computers have issues opening the modern Print Dialogue. If you try to print from a modern App, the PrintDialogue window pops up with the printer icon, and immediately closes. The...
  3. File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer closes (not crashes) randomly: I have a few users on 1809 that when accessing files, file explorer will close and leave the file open at unpredictable intervals. I've tried running sfc/ scannow, I checked GPO drive mapping is set to update, the disconnect time for mapped drives is much longer than a lot of...
  4. IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE 11 closing/crashing problems with Windows 10 1809: The original thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/all/ie-11-closingcrashing-problems-with-windows-10/ce08acba-2683-40e8-b454-32604f84fe07?page=1 by Ron_0004 unfortunately appears "locked" despite +200 persons need an answer(!). This problem drives me crazy....
  5. Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer closed all windows, flickered, and crashed in the middle of a BSOD. Couldn't find...: Hello! This is by far the weirdest issue I've seen on a computer, period. I was using my computer normally, then everything started glitching out. The screen would flicker, and eventually all of the windows I had open just closed themselves. A BSOD occured. It gave an...
  6. Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

in Browsers and Email
    Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser: Another strange problem Twice in few days, PC crash and became unresponsive after closing all Chrome tab at once. I rarely close a tab after using it so I accumulate a lot of opened one. I got 24 g of memory ram installed. I did ran a memory test last week and no problem...
  7. Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Twice: PC crashed when closing Chrome browser: Another strange problem Twice in few days, PC crash and became unresponsive after closing all Chrome tab at once. I rarely close a tab after using it so I accumulate a lot of opened one. I got 24 g of memory ram installed. I did ran a memory test last week and no problem...
  8. Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes when X1 Gen 2 Yoga laptop lid is closed: Hello, Starting about 2 days ago when I close the lid on my Lenovo X1 Yoga laptop, windows crashes and I get a DPC_Watchdog_Violation error. I'm running Windows 10 and I reinstalled the operating system yesterday in an attempt to fix this. It didn't work. I read that...
  9. System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl)

in Windows 10 Customization
    System settings app,Display settings app, Microsoft store app close/crash on startup (desk.cpl): Hello, I'm having issues getting in any System setting window, making me unable to setup my monitors. After disabling error reporting briefly, I was able to get following error codes (picture added) The issue started on an older install, so in an attempt to fix it, I...
  10. my computer crashes when i open or close some games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer crashes when i open or close some games.: my computer specs are I7 4790k, gtx 1060 from msi, 16gb of DDR3 hyper x savage ram from kingston, NZXT kraken 62 cooler for my CPU, a seagate barracuda 1tb hdd, a axiom 750gb hdd, gigabyte gab85m mobo, EVGA supernova g3 1000w PSU. when i try to run some games like CoD BO2, AC...