Windows 10: IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded

Discus and support IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, Really hitting my head against the wall on this one. I have a PC that refuses to download any type of file using Internet Explorer 11.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Masterchiefxx17, Jan 10, 2018.

1. IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded

Hello,

Really hitting my head against the wall on this one. I have a PC that refuses to download any type of file using Internet Explorer 11.

Things I have done:

• Turned off IE and renabled
    • Reset IE back to factory (IE cannot seem to reset user customization)
    • Reset IE DLL files
    • Checked to see if it would save encrypted files to the disk.
    • Removed antivirus.

Any additional thoughts here? I need to use IE on this PC so other browsers are not an option to use.

:)

Masterchiefxx17, Jan 10, 2018
  2. DMCWI Win User

IE 11 keeps crashing in Windows 10

Thanks for the tip... couldn't find anywhere a download for ie 11.

Losing my patience with Microsoft.

DMCWI, Jan 10, 2018
  3. Techgig Win User
    Techgig, Jan 10, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded

When you say won't download what happens any error message?

Samuria, Jan 10, 2018
  5. Whoops! Sorry, I guess that would help huh?

I'm getting the "File couldn't be downloaded" error. On any file attachment from any website.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded

1. IE 11 File Couldn't be Downloaded - Similar Threads - File Couldn't Downloaded

2. windows 10 IE 11 will not download pdf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 IE 11 will not download pdf files: can't open and download pdf files anymore https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-ie-11-will-not-download-pdf-files/200cc4d3-37d3-4123-9807-d92a58087a45
  3. Edge and IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE 11: When I open Edge, it always goes to the last page I was on. I want to set a Home Page and have it open on the Home Page every time. How do I do that? How do I get the IE icon on the Taskbar? 120659
  4. IE 11

IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  5. Issue with IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with IE 11: Hello, I'm on build 1709 and since the upgrade I have noticed that IE 11 does not display the website icons at the beginning of the Addess Bar and before the Tabs. It just shows the standard "e" IE 11 icon. However, when I open History the webpages icons are displayed. See...
  6. IE 11 Question

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Question: I'm running windows 10 Pro with IE 11. I don't like the Edge, so I turned that off. I also have Google Toolbar running, therefore, up in the left hand top side, there is a place where I can put in something to search for and Google search will find it. So far, no problem,...
  7. IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...: When I start IE11 it comes up and shows the tab for the home page but never downloads the page. I've tried changing the URL in that tab as well as opening new tabs but the result is the same -- IE 11 just sits there with a blank page and no errors. I've tried resetting it,...
  8. remove ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    remove ie 11: I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until...
  9. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....
  10. IE 11 download

IE 11 download: My wife just loaded windows 10 and would like to install IE 11, because I have it on my windows 10 machine, but I can't find where to get it to downloads. Need help please.. 16887

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ie 11 file couldnt be downloaded

2. ie 11 couldnt be downloaded cause

3. couldnt download file IE 11

4. When clicking Save as in IE 11 it says File couldnt be downloaded ,
  5. ie 11 couldnt be downloaded,
  6. ie11 file couldnt be downloaded,
  7. ie11 this file couldnt be downloaded,
  8. couldnt be downloaded error when you download a file in IE,
  9. this file couldnt be downloaded 2018 edge,
  10. ie 11 this file couldnt be downloaded,
  11. ie 11 ().txt couldnt be downloaded