Windows 10: IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere!

Discus and support IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere!. This is the second time I have reset everything on IE11 and restarting computer. Anyone any ideas see... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by hollyoaks777, Dec 12, 2015.

1. IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere!

IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere!. This is the second time I have reset everything on IE11 and restarting computer. Anyone any ideas see picture. I used to be able to refresh it after login and that would fix it. But now I have yo close it and open it back up again. I don't know what's causing it.

[img=http://s26.postimg.org/nepmwlulx/Browsing_Problem_with_IE11.jpg]

:)

hollyoaks777, Dec 12, 2015
  2. JimS43 Win User

Microsoft edge has no print preview button or printer icon

I agree with all 4 pages of how bad Microsoft Edge is but for me it is even worse.

In Edge, my print button is "greyed out" and Ctrl P does not activate a print window, so I cannot print from Edge AT ALL. Does anyone know how to activate the print option when it is greyed out?

This is really important for me, because, on the particular web page I want to print, IE 11 on Windows 10 stops working, then closes and reopens just when I try to display the document I want to print. This is where I am logged into a website to download
    a copy invoice, so when IE 11 restarts, I have to log in again and the same happens all over again.

If I go back to a PC running Windows 7 and IE 11, everything works fine but that puts my work into another PC.

So not only did Microsoft not ensure that Edge retained all the features of IE 11 (a basic step in programming when trying to provide an IMPROVED product) but they have done things that make IE 11 less reliable when run on Windows 10 than when run on Windows
    7. How can they be so stupid!!!

I say again, Does anyone know how to activate the print option when it is greyed out?

JimS43, Dec 12, 2015
  3. RONJOHNS Win User
    Internet Explorer vs. Edge

When I went into Windows Features, the IE 11 box was already checked. So, I said ok, and went back to the three dots; turns out "Open with IE 11" was not greyed out this time, and available as an active command. That's good. One, last question. If
    I go into IE, then how do I go back to Edge? Like maybe do the three dot thing in reverse? Or, does it happen automatically on computer restart? Thank you. We're getting there.

RONJOHNS, Dec 12, 2015
  4. f14tomcat Win User

IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere!

Check this....
    IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere! [​IMG]
    If it's not checked, check it and install feature, re-boot. If it is checked, un-check, un-install feature, re-boot, go back and check it, install feature and re-boot.

f14tomcat, Dec 12, 2015
  5. what have I to make sure is checked mate.

6. f14tomcat Win User
    IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere! [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Dec 12, 2015
  7. Yes got everything ticked or I should say everything was already ticked when i opened it up. So there was no need for a restart buddy. I don't know what it is!

8. f14tomcat Win User

Un-check it to un-install the feature. Reboot. Check to install it. Reboot. It may not have installed right the first time. Can't hurt to try!

f14tomcat, Dec 12, 2015
  9. No it can't doing it now mate.

10. Nope no joy. Taking a break from computer eyes need a rest mate. But if you have any other iideas post them and I will try them mate.

hollyoaks777, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. IE 11 greyed out when I log in anywhere! - Similar Threads - greyed log anywhere

2. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  3. "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Log on as" option greyed out in software protection in services: I've been having trouble with software protection not launching and as a result windows 11 has been deactivated on my device. When attempting to launch software protection I get the message "Windows could not start the Software Protection service on Local Computer. Error...
  4. Tablet mode doesn't show anywhere and rotation lock is greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tablet mode doesn't show anywhere and rotation lock is greyed out: I looked for some solutions for the greyed out rotation lock. Turns out my tablet mode is also gone. There's no tablet mode option in my whole laptop. Please help me with some solutions. And also the rotation lock also hasn't been fixed....
  5. Tablet mode doesn't show anywhere and rotation lock is greyed out

Tablet mode doesn't show anywhere and rotation lock is greyed out: I looked for some solutions for the greyed out rotation lock. Turns out my tablet mode is also gone. There's no tablet mode option in my whole laptop. Please help me with some solutions. And also the rotation lock also hasn't been fixed....
  6. In windows 11 when I multitask one window will grey out when I work on the window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In windows 11 when I multitask one window will grey out when I work on the window: In windows 11 when I multitask one window will grey out when I work on the window - this has only just happened and i cant find the setting to turn it off it is annoying and I don't want this please can someone help ?...
  7. In windows 11 when I multitask one window will grey out when I work on the window

In windows 11 when I multitask one window will grey out when I work on the window: In windows 11 when I multitask one window will grey out when I work on the window - this has only just happened and i cant find the setting to turn it off it is annoying and I don't want this please can someone help ?...
  8. uninstall option greyed out and file not found anywhere else

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    uninstall option greyed out and file not found anywhere else: [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]I cannot uninstall the above application as you can see. Also, I tried searching in file explorer, but not there either. Same goes with anothe app that is "Need for Speed" which is also same as this one and cannot be found else as a result tehy are...
  9. IE 11 crashes when closed

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashes when closed: I have a friend running the latest Windows 10 Home 64 bit with all the updates on a very new Lenovo All-In-One computer. Every time she closes the IE, it crashes and then comes up with a message saying Microsoft will let her know when a solution becomes available. Anyone know...
  10. IE 11 Youtube videos won't work when logged to my account.

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Youtube videos won't work when logged to my account.: And here we are again with new problem to add on the list. Gotta love Windows 10 right? So, I was chilling out watching youtube in HTML5, clicked on the next video to watch, [video played] clicked on the seek bar to skip and video froze with buffering circle circling...