Windows 10: IE 11 has been hijacked

Discus and support IE 11 has been hijacked in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by southmsboy, Jan 25, 2016.

1. IE 11 has been hijacked

I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from the task bar even though the home page is designated to be www.Bing.com I end up on a My-Search page with an annoying message that windows may be corrupted and I need to buy a package from Reimage to solve the corruption issues. When I then select go to home page from the toolbar it displays Bing as the search engine as it should I have tried multiple virus scans and other cleaner software to no avail. Does anyone know of a way to stop the hijacking by My-Search???

:)

southmsboy, Jan 25, 2016
  2. RickCP Win User
    RickCP, Jan 25, 2016
  3. GF1
    gf1 Win User
    IE 11 breaks more often now that Edge has been released

I have also notice that LinkedIn (owned by Microsoft), no longer works in IE 11, is this another attempt to force people to use Edge...or Chrome?

4. simrick Win User

IE 11 has been hijacked

Hi, and welcome to Tenforums.

Please download and run the following:
    AdwCleaner Download
    Junkware Removal Tool Download

Then please "reset" all browsers on the system
    Internet Explorer - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
    Microsoft Edge - Reset to Default in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Let us know how it goes.

simrick, Jan 26, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    And you still prefer to use a browser that's so easily hijacked? Why?

Mystere, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE 11 has been hijacked

1. IE 11 has been hijacked - Similar Threads - has been hijacked

2. Program has hijacked my HDD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program has hijacked my HDD: Alrighty so here a weird one for you. A while back my GF downloaded 'Age of Empire 1 complete v1.0c' and ever since then that's been the name of the HDD it's installed on. Weird right? Well weirder yet is the fact that despite deleting renaming the HDD, deleting the AOE...
  3. Windows 10 - Home network has been hijacked by an unknown windows server.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Home network has been hijacked by an unknown windows server.: Hi all, i have been struggling for the last two months and im running out of ideas on how to regain my network/pc’s full control. So i’m pretty new to a lot of this so please bare with me if i get some things incorrect. From what i can tell my network has DNS set up, DHPC...
  4. Outlook 2010 has been hijacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Outlook 2010 has been hijacked.: Outlook 2010 has been hijacked. When I change password with host, and then update password on computer, some nitwit captures password and passes it around the flat globe. I've done a defender scan, and MS Malware scan with 0 finds. What should I do? Currently access host...
  5. IE has hijacked my page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE has hijacked my page: Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open. Why is this happening and how do I fix it....
  6. My Windows 10 System has been hijacked - now what?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 System has been hijacked - now what?: This past week I was using my system with Excel, Word and Edge. Suddenly a pop-up dialog box said my Adobe Flash was out of date. I figure what the heck I should update it, so I clicked within the box to update my system. One of the biggest mistakes of my life! The result...
  7. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  8. IE 11 has disappeared from Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE 11 has disappeared from Win 10: I have read many of the suggestions out there, but none have worked. It just doesn't appear anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/ie-11-has-disappeared-from-win-10/f24ee2d7-f16d-4e30-a39a-49c89af83680
  9. IE 11 has memory issues!

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has memory issues!: IE 11 appears to have severe memory issues, not releasing it after viewing a youtube clip and then closing the tab lol [img] 14013
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....