Windows 10: IE 11 has memory issues!

Discus and support IE 11 has memory issues! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; IE 11 appears to have severe memory issues, not releasing it after viewing a youtube clip and then closing the tab lol [img] 14013 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by iBawbag, Aug 7, 2015.

1. iBawbag Win User

IE 11 has memory issues!

IE 11 appears to have severe memory issues, not releasing it after viewing a youtube clip and then closing the tab lol

IE 11 has memory issues! [​IMG]

:)

iBawbag, Aug 7, 2015

2. memory leak issue for IE 11

You will reach developers and are more likely to get help with this at MSDN than here, in the consumer oriented Microsoft Community.

IE Web Development

Msdn forums - Internet Explorer Development

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 7, 2015
  3. memory leak issue for IE 11

Hello, We are facing Memory leak Issue for IE11 Memory Consume by Application is just more than 300MB , And it goes increasing and at one point Application get slow or get crush link of application Admin box - AngularJS admin theme Preview - ThemeForest
    Pleas report for this as soon as possible

SachinWalunj, Aug 7, 2015
  4. LMiller7 Win User

IE 11 has memory issues!

I don't think you have a problem, at least none is shown in the screenshot.

456 MB is not a lot of memory for a modern browser. I have seen higher than that on a system with only 4 GB RAM. With 16 GB RAM this is really quite a small amount.

Applications do not control their own memory usage. That is always maintained by the system memory manager. When memory availability is high (as seems to be the case here) the memory manager will allow processes to consume considerably more memory than they actually need. And why not? Memory was intended to be used, not sit idle. The more memory a process is able to us the better it will perform.

Memory usage in any modern OS is highly dynamic. If a large application is loaded that usage by IE will be automatically trimmed back to meet the demand, drastically if necessary. With 16 GB RAM I would not expect to see that very often, if ever.

LMiller7, Aug 7, 2015
  5. iBawbag Win User
    You may be correct but after testing exact same scenario (same page, this forum, and flash video which was then closed) with all other browsers e.g Opera, firefox etc that used much less in same situation. IE 11's usage continued to climb and peaked at 1700MB before it stopped responding and closed did arouse my initial suspicion.

It was just an observation and maybe I did jump to a conclusion.

iBawbag, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

IE 11 has memory issues!

1. IE 11 has memory issues! - Similar Threads - has memory issues

2. IE and Chrome issue

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    IE and Chrome issue: Hi Team, Am unable to get sign in info Username and Password for SSO to open oracle form in Internet explorer and Chrome where the same is working in Mozilla Firefox. Brief Description: when we click on Oracle URL in IE and Chrome, we are directly getting authentication...
  3. IE issue - unable to export the report from IE 11 in excel

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE issue - unable to export the report from IE 11 in excel: Hi all, I have an issue exporting reports from IE 11 to excel. Configuration: OS Version: Windows 10 Browser version: IE 11 Web Application: Oracle Enterprise Performance Management Workspace MS Excel version: Office 365 v 16.0 Steps to reproduce the Issue: 1. Open...
  4. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  5. IE 11 has disappeared from Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IE 11 has disappeared from Win 10: I have read many of the suggestions out there, but none have worked. It just doesn't appear anywhere https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/ie-11-has-disappeared-from-win-10/f24ee2d7-f16d-4e30-a39a-49c89af83680
  6. IE 11 has been hijacked

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 has been hijacked: I have recently upgraded to window 10 and with it came IE 11 and Edge. I prefer to use IE 11 over the current version of Edge. When I start IE 11 from the task bar even though the home page is designated to be www.Bing.com I end up on a My-Search page with an annoying message...
  7. Issue with IE 11

in Browsers and Email
    Issue with IE 11: Hello, I'm on build 1709 and since the upgrade I have noticed that IE 11 does not display the website icons at the beginning of the Addess Bar and before the Tabs. It just shows the standard "e" IE 11 icon. However, when I open History the webpages icons are displayed. See...
  8. IE 11 Question

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 Question: I'm running windows 10 Pro with IE 11. I don't like the Edge, so I turned that off. I also have Google Toolbar running, therefore, up in the left hand top side, there is a place where I can put in something to search for and Google search will find it. So far, no problem,...
  9. remove ie 11

in Browsers and Email
    remove ie 11: I have windows 10 and originally had Ie 10. All of a sudden it has ie 11 which I don't like. I want to remove it and get back to 10. From the instructions I've see is to go to control panel click on add/remove programs. Then click on View installed updates, scroll down until...
  10. IE 11 crashing

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 crashing: Getting pretty regular "IE has stopped working........" The only data I have is what's in the Event Viewer log. Tried to give MS feedback but when I do what they say, "Type Windows Feedback in the Search....", it just takes me to a Google Search for, "Windows Feedback"....