Windows 10: IE 11 Question

Discus and support IE 11 Question in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm running windows 10 Pro with IE 11. I don't like the Edge, so I turned that off. I also have Google Toolbar running, therefore, up in the left hand... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by timlab1955, Jan 2, 2017.

1. IE 11 Question

I'm running windows 10 Pro with IE 11. I don't like the Edge, so I turned that off. I also have Google Toolbar running, therefore, up in the left hand top side, there is a place where I can put in something to search for and Google search will find it. So far, no problem, until now. Let's say that I put in a term to search for and then sometime later I want to go back to it. I usually can hit the down arrow, but lately, nothing will show up. I've been doing a lot of research on it, and still come up empty. Can someone help me please?

:)

timlab1955, Jan 2, 2017
  2. Luoxw Win User
  3. IE 11 does not work in Windows 10.

When I try to open a website in IE 11, I get an error message that states IE has quite working. I have to close IE and then close the error message.

Also when checking the defaults, I get a message that only 11 of 15 defaults for IE are installed. How do I get IE 11 to work in Windows 10? Microsoft Edge is not user friendly and, as we all know, Windows 10 was not ready for prime time when it was released.

Thank you for your assistance

Duplicate Thread:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows_10/ie-11-with-windows-10/f433b352-310f-4f8d-b184-411261ab4c5e

IE 11 with Windows 10

My original question has not been answered. I still can't get IE 11 to work in Windows 10. I keep getting an error that the page has an error.

KeithFlanagan, Jan 2, 2017
  4. IE 11 Question

Have you tried this on another device. I ask as they, Google, may have just changed the way their product works?

On a long shot, have you recently installed any new AV product, Norton has a bunch of maintenance tasks included, or any other type of "System Maintenance" utility, CC Cleaner as a example. These types of products can "Clean" your system.

Does IE11 remember your site history?

Would you consider trying something like Firefox, even if it is just to see if behavior is same or different.

Caledon Ken, Jan 3, 2017
Thema:

IE 11 Question

1. IE 11 Question - Similar Threads - Question

2. Question over adding family users vs. others?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Question over adding family users vs. others?: What would be the difference with respect to capabilities of the IDs in using this PC? TIA. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-over-adding-family-users-vs-others/5bc434b8-a6e4-46e6-9de1-06634fcbdb1a"
  3. Monitor Specs Questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Specs Questions: I'm thinking of replacing a 1K monitor with 2K and would like whatever advice anybody can provide. 1. Most manufacturers have their own "technology" like Crystalclear, SmartContrast, SmartImage, SplendidPlus Video Intelligence Technology, AQCOLOR, Brightness Intelligence,...
  4. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  5. gmail question

in Browsers and Email
    gmail question: lately when I open gmail it dose not open in full screen it always has but no more, is there a setting I could change 140607
  6. gmail question

in Windows 10 Support
    gmail question: lately when I open gmail it dose not open in full screen it always has but no more, is there a setting I could change 140607
  7. Question about Macrium Reflect (free)

in Windows 10 Support
    Question about Macrium Reflect (free): Hi. I know with Macrium free version you can make 4 differential backups. What's not clear to me is it 4 differential backups per full backup or 4 differential backups total. Thanks in advance for any replies. Mark 140588
  8. Windows 10 File Explorer Appearance Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer Appearance Question: Hello, I have the newbiest question. I could not find a specific solution with internet searches. My question is, when I activated Windows Dark Mode, everything changed except the bottom border of File Explorer. Is there a way to make File Explorer totally dark? (See arrow...
  9. upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade questions, windows 7 pro to windows 10: Hi all, hope your having a great day.. I have a few desktop's I would like to upgrade, I have 3 that have windows 7 that I installed not long ago.. and I have 1 desktop with vista that came with it from the factory, it has the product key on the case, the other 3 I did a...
  10. New computer - moved from Vista to Win10 - HATE IT! Have many questions, will start with 2!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New computer - moved from Vista to Win10 - HATE IT! Have many questions, will start with 2!: I've tried to find info online but it seems I don't have the same options as these earlier responses indicate. Like I said, just got it yesterday - and it's awful! Already missing Vista, which I didn't think would happen. 1. It appears that the computer assigned a username...