Windows 10: IE 11 "recover page" message appears frequently

Discus and support IE 11 "recover page" message appears frequently in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; While searching in IE 11 a banner appears at bottom of a frozen page saying: {sitename} is not available. There is also a "recover page" button, which... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kupuna, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Kupuna Win User

IE 11 "recover page" message appears frequently

While searching in IE 11 a banner appears at bottom of a frozen page saying: {sitename} is not available. There is also a "recover page" button, which will re-load the page successfully. This happens persistently.
    Any reliable fixes known?

:)

Kupuna, Aug 29, 2016

2. How to change the home pages when I run IE 11? The same home pages keep appearing no matter what I changed!

Just to add on. It seemed that the system had been infected. Even if I uninstalled IE 11 and reinstalled it, the same home pages would still appear.

Kim Chye Loh, Aug 29, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Update

I didn't expect to have this many problems with Windows 10. I have had every version since Windows 3 in 1990 and never had this many problems before. Anyhow, I restored to the day prior to the updates and now the problems are more with IE 11. I get
    webpages are "not responding" and "recover webpage" Once a webpage is recovered I then get "Long running scripts has caused the site to stop responding, do want to stop scripts?" Then I'm stuck, with many times the page freezing causing me to "Control, Alt,
    Delete" I'm going around in circles with IE 11 but with figure it out eventually.

JohnRoddy2, Aug 29, 2016
Thema:

IE 11 "recover page" message appears frequently

1. IE 11 "recover page" message appears frequently - Similar Threads - recover page message

2. Why is this Windows scripts pop up message appear frequently?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this Windows scripts pop up message appear frequently?: Script: C:/Users/Sdas/AppData/Local/SabuAilas/ytcheckts.vbsLine: 41Char: 5Error: Permission deniedCode: 800A0046Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error...
  3. Why is this Windows scripts pop up message appear frequently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this Windows scripts pop up message appear frequently?: Script: C:/Users/Sdas/AppData/Local/SabuAilas/ytcheckts.vbsLine: 41Char: 5Error: Permission deniedCode: 800A0046Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error...
  4. IE has hijacked my page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE has hijacked my page: Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open. Why is this happening and how do I fix it....
  5. appearance of message

in Windows 10 Customization
    appearance of message: How do I change how the cursor appears in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/appearance-of-message/2ff5e602-e258-4434-bddf-2c3f7dfcef1c
  6. recover page

in Windows 10 Customization
    recover page: Tried everything for Recover Page and seems nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/recover-page/ccdac39d-6561-4c76-aae6-d8fe130c649d
  7. IE 11

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IE 11: I have tried to contact Microsoft support about this issue but always go through the same thing. I have chatted with someone 4 times already about this issue. Is there a link to redownload IE 11 on windows 10. It is non-existent on the system ( have checked 4 times...
  8. IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page: [img] Though this is related to Win 7 but I think many of you may guide me regarding this. I installed Win 7 Professional SP1 which has IE 11 bundled in it. Now whenever I open IE it will open my home page i.e google but within seconds, it will change to other page (image...
  9. IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE

in Browsers and Email
    IE Technical Preview page opens every time I launch IE: I did a clean install of Windows 10 build 10041 x64. Every time I launch IE from my taskbar it opens a second tab, flashes Go Microsoft.com and then opens the IE Technical Preview page. The welcome to the latest version of IE page. I have set my homepage to just Google, reset...
  10. IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...: When I start IE11 it comes up and shows the tab for the home page but never downloads the page. I've tried changing the URL in that tab as well as opening new tabs but the result is the same -- IE 11 just sits there with a blank page and no errors. I've tried resetting it,...