Windows 10: IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page

Discus and support IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; [img] Though this is related to Win 7 but I think many of you may guide me regarding this. I installed Win 7 Professional SP1 which has IE 11 bundled... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by sam9, Jun 26, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page

IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page [​IMG]

Though this is related to Win 7 but I think many of you may guide me regarding this. I installed Win 7 Professional SP1 which has IE 11 bundled in it. Now whenever I open IE it will open my home page i.e google but within seconds, it will change to other page (image attached). I have not installed any thing so far except wifi lan driver. Can some one guide that what is this page and whether it is genuine and how can I remove this.

Thanks

:)

2. Blank Page instead of Normal page on IE 11

Hello Amandy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused, I will certainly help you with this issue.

Please check if you have set your home page by following the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/change-home-page#ie=ie-11

I suggest you to run Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

1. In the Search option of the taskbar type "Troubleshooting" and press enter.

2. In the Troubleshooting window, tap or click View all.

3. Tap or click Internet Explorer Performance, and in the Internet Explorer Performance window, tap or click Next.

4. Follow the onscreen instructions to run the Troubleshooter.

You may check if there are any third party add-ons which are causing this issue, which gets installed when you browse, you may turn off the add-ons by following the below article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/manage-add-ons#ie=ie-11

This issue may occur if AVG toolbar is installed, please check if it is installed, If installed remove it by following the below steps:

1. In the search option type "Programs and features" and press enter.

2. In the installed programs look for this toolbar and uninstall it.

You may check if the issue persists when you open IE in (InPrivate) window.

Open Internet Explorer and press Ctrl +Shift + P.

You may check if Internet Explorer is set as default browser in Control panel.

If it is not set as default, set Internet Explorer as the default browser in default programs under control panel to check if that helps.

You may follow the below steps for the same.

1. Right click on start menu and select control panel.

2. In control panel search for default programs.

3. Select Set default program option.

4. From the left side pane select "Internet Explorer" and select Set this program as default and click on Ok.

Make sure that you have all the Updates installed on your computer successfully. Follow the steps given below to install all the updates.

1. Press Windows Key.

2. Select Settings, Click on Change PC settings.

3. Click on Update and security and click Check now.

4. Follow the prompts to install all recommended and optional updates.

Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Jun 26, 2016
  3. Blank Page instead of Normal page on IE 11

So recently (around yesterday) my homepage google has not been loading, instead ending up with a blank white page. When I refresh, it loads properly, but when I try to access it by opening a new tab and clicking the "home" button, it says "blank page" on
    the tab name, and doesn't load. However, some sites on my favourites list work when I click on them work, but others like facebook also sometimes come up with the "blank page" tab name.

I have tried resetting it on the settings, as well as rebooting it (?) by turning it on and off by programs from control panel. Currently I use Windows 10, and despite having google chrome I prefer to use internet explorer.

Is there a way that I could fix this?

Amandy2009, Jun 26, 2016
  4. IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page

Hi where did you try and set your home page for google
    Only looks like an Advert keeps coming up.
    I get that If I go into a site
    before I log in or sign up

Also sorry but I don't use either IE11 or Google
    I use Edge Browser and Bing

Also make sure when you set your home page that you click Apply then OK

hTconeM9user, Jun 26, 2016
  5. sam9 Win User
    I know how to set up home page. Home page opens but within seconds the other page opens.

6. OldMike65 Win User
    @sam9
    Download AdwCleaner and let it run, if it finds anything that should be deleted, it will tell you.
    Download AdwCleaner

OldMike65, Jun 26, 2016
  7. sam9 Win User
    Update. I installed firefox and while installing made firefox my default browser and now problem gone. If i open IE 11 now, the page which I mentioned is not opening. So got relief now.

But the question remains that why that page was opening?

8. OldMike65 Win User

Did you download AdwCleaner and run it??

OldMike65, Jun 27, 2016
  9. sam9 Win User
    Sorry, I did not download AdwCleaner as I was slightly not convinced that this is malware and if it is malware than how now it has gone after installing firefox. I think, it may have been some new promotion by MS but not sure. My fingers are crossed. But thanks to you and if you could put some more light than please guide. Anyway your suggestion of AdeCleaner was just an idea to try or you were confirmed.

10. OldMike65 Win User
    AdwCleaner does not look for Malware on your computer. Here is a description of what it looks for and will remove.

AdwCleaner is a program that searches for and deletes Adware, Toolbars, Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP), and browser Hijackers from your computer. By using AdwCleaner you can easily remove many of these types of programs for a better user experience on your computer and while browsing the web.
    The types of programs that AdwCleaner targets are typically bundled with free programs that you download from the web. In many cases when you download and install a program, the install will state that these programs will be installed along with the program you downloaded. Unless you perform a Custom install, these unwanted programs will automatically be installed on your computer leaving you with extra browser toolbars, adware, and other unwanted programs. AdwCleaner is designed to search for and remove these types of programs.

I run AdwCleaner from time to time just to check my computer for anything that might have been installed without me knowing it. Does not do any harm in checking.

OldMike65, Jun 28, 2016
  11. Edwin New Member
    Ensure # 4 is checked:

IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page [​IMG]

Edwin, Jun 28, 2016
  12. sam9 Win User
    I had tried that before installing not only Firefox but even before installing any other program but it did not make any difference. As I stated earlier that after installing Firefox, now every thing is fine. Moreover even now without checking # 4, I have no problem of opening of that page.

13. sam9 Win User

Thanks for the detail information. Can you think of something that why there is no problem after installing Firefox, because if it could be a adware or unwanted program or anything else than where it has gone now.

Thema:

1. IE 11 starting a particular page instead of my set home page - Similar Threads - starting particular page

2. home page set up

in Windows 10 Customization
    home page set up: I used to have Google come up as my home page, not it's Window and my mail goes to Outlook, I'd like to go back to Google. How do I get home page changed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/home-page-set-up/d3e78124-6fec-4f83-ba73-952761fc2abe
  3. Home Page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Home Page: Hi I want my PC to open on my homepage but every time I change it, it reverts to the Google page. Any suggestions please? Another problem I have is that when bi want the @ sign I sometimes get the " and visa versa. Thanks Steve...
  4. IE has hijacked my page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE has hijacked my page: Since the last windows 10 upgrade I can no longer click on a link in an e-mail and have it open in my preferred browser, Edge. It tries to open in IE which I deleted. I changed my default to Firefox but the links still won't open. Why is this happening and how do I fix it....
  5. Edge opens with previous page instead of start page

in Browsers and Email
    Edge opens with previous page instead of start page: Randomly, not all the time, after a reboot (or power off/on) Edge will start with the previously opened page instead of the set "home" (start) page. Is there any way to prevent this? This is what I have set. [img] 114998
  6. My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error

in Browsers and Email
    My Edge Start Page in is the Start page error: I set the setting to set the start page of Microsoft Edge browser to a blank page, but when I reopen it's still in the Start Page with those news headlines and such, I tried to adjust the settings, but it's still the same result. Need help. 101637
  7. IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...

in Browsers and Email
    IE 11 starts but will not download web pages...: When I start IE11 it comes up and shows the tab for the home page but never downloads the page. I've tried changing the URL in that tab as well as opening new tabs but the result is the same -- IE 11 just sits there with a blank page and no errors. I've tried resetting it,...
  8. home page wont load to set home page

in Browsers and Email
    home page wont load to set home page: ok I need some help in this matter ive tried everything I'm using windows 10 edge I use bing and when I try to go to my home page via home button it does not take me there I have changed the path in settings to specific page with the url and it still wont take me there if I...
  9. Home page

in Browsers and Email
    Home page: When opening internet explorer I have so many gabbage there and I want my own home page set to my isp provider. does anyone know how to set your own home page ? 12510
  10. url links on ftp site open to IE 11 home page instead of website

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    url links on ftp site open to IE 11 home page instead of website: I have a couple .url links on an ftp server that go to specific web sites. When I click on the links in Windows 10 it just opens my home page in IE 11. IE 11 is set as default for url files. The links work fine in Windows 7. If I copy the url files to my Windows 10 desktop...